Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Udoroot seeds and likely places to find them.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2022 :  22:38:53  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If I had need of Udoroot seeds, where in the realms could one acquire them which would make sense?

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2022 :  22:50:55  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EricMinde

If I had need of Udoroot seeds, where in the realms could one acquire them which would make sense?

As per this ancient thread:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3995

Auppenser could have bestowed the seeds on his faithful?

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2022 :  02:11:37  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just found this tidbit.

Several sunflowerlike, woody stalks sprout from the ground,
ringing an empty patch of green grass.
Udoroots are innocuous-looking carnivorous plants that use
psionic powers to overcome other creatures, which it then
uses as fertilizer.

By far the largest part of an udoroot is its massive, bulbous root system, the bottommost tip of which can reach
30 feet below the surface. An udoroot sends six shoots to
the surface, each of which culminates in a “crown” resembling a mature sunflower with reddish seeds and white
petals. The seeds are tough but nutritious and can be made
into bread if ground.

A subterranean version of the udoroot grows “upside down” near the edges of Underdark communities.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000