Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ed Greenwood today regarding Alaundo
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newbiedm
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  19:44:18  Show Profile  Visit newbiedm's Homepage Send newbiedm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ed chimed in on a tweet of mine regarding Alaundo's skull, and he surprised me by saying that "it's still attached to his body".

He then went on to explain that Alaundo exists as a form of undead.

Here is the thread...

https://twitter.com/newbiedm/status/1498524385216544768?s=20&t=pGY91SPeXwsSMU_h203XSQ

https://twitter.com/TheEdVerse/status/1498692316873347076?s=20&t=pGY91SPeXwsSMU_h203XSQ

I found this interesting. I thought Alaundo was long gone and his skull was off in a market stall somewhere waiting to be picked up by PCs or a mind flayer somewhere.

Visit my D&D website at www.newbiedm.com

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2447 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  19:48:14  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, there can be some skull of Alaundo out there. Just not the skull of THE Alaundo.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  20:16:34  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manshoon giggles in plot twist.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  08:57:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Oh, there can be some skull of Alaundo out there. Just not the skull of THE Alaundo.

It is still the skull of THE Alaundo.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  14:49:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I kill Alaundo and chop off his head, but the clone of Alaundo activates, then the skull of Alaundo is both attached as well as lying on the ground unattached.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 06 Mar 2022 01:29:46
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2022 :  16:16:13  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is Alaundo's status then? Is he currently something akin to a(n) (Arch)Lich?

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2022 :  16:28:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just concerned about Big Al finding this discussion...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1487 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2022 :  01:40:09  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...it's honestly kind of a 'meh' reveal. The skull has been floating around in Limbo forever, doing jack-all, despite being the last remaining relic of the greatest prognosticator since Savras himself, and now the dude himself is a glorified bedsheet.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2022 :  10:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EGADS!! Wait, what?! Now listen here, scribes, I'm in need of this skull... it may be full, may produce ramblings, but I'm not quite done with it yet

:: runs back to chamber and bolts door firmly shut::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2022 :  10:30:39  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, he's gone. Finally.

Time to pull out the dice, booze, and wenches!

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2022 :  01:38:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

EGADS!! Wait, what?! Now listen here, scribes, I'm in need of this skull... it may be full, may produce ramblings, but I'm not quite done with it yet

:: runs back to chamber and bolts door firmly shut::

See folks, now THAT was the clone. Now that skull over there that that gnome is playing with attaching a skull on top of a wooden puppet that he's carved, that's ONE of the skulls of a prior Alaundo. That illithid over there drinking boiled brain broth from a upside down skull that's lined on the inside with glass, that's another skull of a prior Alaundo. There's many uses one can put to a skull of Alaundo. I was thinking one might really enhance the functioning of a crystal ball that it's inset into, for instance if one got a sizable piece of personal material. On a totally different topic.... anyone seen Alaundo's hair brush?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2022 :  01:55:15  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
On a totally different topic.... anyone seen Alaundo's hair brush?

Look at that disembodied floating big head. Evidently even Alaundo himself hasn't seen that missing hair brush for a long time now.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2022 :  01:50:03  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh dear gods...apparently I'm using a different Alaundo's head for my game of candlepins...I thought it was the only one, but now I see it isn't...'tis a shame, really...was gonna sell it to the highest bidder at the upcoming auction in Waterdeep...guess that's out the window now...

::quickly grabs all the pins and the disembodied head of Alaundo and disappears in a puff of smoke::

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?

Edited by - Xnella Moonblade-Thann on 09 Mar 2022 02:07:23
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2022 :  14:25:48  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we brought two heads of Alaundo together,will they hold a proper conversation or simply quote prophecies at each other for hours?

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2022 :  06:36:46  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balmar Foghaven

If we brought two heads of Alaundo together,will they hold a proper conversation or simply quote prophecies at each other for hours?

This gives Aamuel and Hethradiah vibes.
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2022 :  09:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Head of Alaundo!

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2022 :  17:33:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balmar Foghaven

They tend to just lay there, since the soul is in the current clone. I heard though that a person who places a magic mouth spell upon one head and then brings it close to another head of Alaundo will cause it to suddenly "come to life" just long enough to animate and say some cryptic phrase. Of course, I've never had two heads together at once to confirm this, and it smacks of spuriousness, so I doubt the truth of it.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2022 :  23:06:14  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
They tend to just lay there, since the soul is in the current clone. I heard though that a person who places a magic mouth spell upon one head and then brings it close to another head of Alaundo will cause it to suddenly "come to life" just long enough to animate and say some cryptic phrase. Of course, I've never had two heads together at once to confirm this, and it smacks of spuriousness, so I doubt the truth of it.

Sounds like another one of Volo's often-told "tales" that even he can't tell is the truth or not...but there have been stranger things in the Realms before...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2022 :  22:01:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Sounds like another one of Volo's often-told "tales" that even he can't tell is the truth or not...but there have been stranger things in the Realms before...

That reminds me, I DO know what happens if you bring two Volo heads together. Nothing. It seems there are a lot more of those available around the realms after there was one version of Voltohamp Geddarm that was eaten by a deepspawn. Someone even told me that there's a bugbear tribe that made a set of stretched scalp drums on a trio of Volo skulls that had their tops removed

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000