Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep/Forgotten Realms Discord Channels?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoshaBeli
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  16:52:54  Show Profile Send RoshaBeli a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been enjoying Discord as a wonderful gaming platform, and it would seem right to me, there'd be an interest in live discussion surrounding the books/lore and adventures revolving the realms. Anyone know of anything of this sort?

Mod Edit: Link removed, banhammer dropped. Should've realized this was another of those delayed spams. I'm leaving the topic, though, since it has come up before.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Aug 2021 16:05:40

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  18:25:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure there are FR-based Discord channels, but there aren't any that are officially associated with Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2021 :  02:04:20  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I'm doing it right, this is a link to one popular Forgotten Realms Discord server.
https://discord.gg/tPMYgNBn

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2021 :  20:43:00  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BadCatMan has it right.
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

503 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2021 :  18:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to add my 2 coppers, Discord is one of the most insecure forms of communication there is out there. Its popularity baffles me.

I am not speaking to the content of what goes on there, I'm sure creative productive things happen in between all the gifs and memes. It lacks any sort of privacy (everyone can read every channel whether invited or not if you know what you are doing) combined with the easily exploited "software" (multiple instances of malware and backdoors in the past) makes me wonder why anyone would risk using it at all.

I'll stick to my bulletin boards and internet relay chat rooms thanks.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000