Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Netherese Calendar for Months?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

substantianorminata
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  01:34:40  Show Profile Send substantianorminata a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has it ever been established how the Netherese marked the months and weeks? I assume not the same as the Dalereckoning calendar, but I've never seen any description except their year dating.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  08:07:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. That lore has not been revealed. They definitely would not have used the Calendar of Harptos and I suspect that they had no single coherent dating system. Each city-state and enclave would have had their own.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  10:01:14  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh I like that. Karsus would of course have had a month celebrating each stage or milestone in his life.

Heavy Magic month. Married my sister month. Slaughtered helpless elf babies month.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

substantianorminata
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  14:21:45  Show Profile Send substantianorminata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did I miss the part where Karsus married his sister? I mean, seems in character. Just curious where that bit of juicy gossip came from. And, whether there is any more there that I am missing. (I have a campaign heavily featuring a returned Netherese enclave. The 'high school gossip' level descriptions of old Netheril provide fun flavor text for the PCs. And, let's be honest, for me as DM!)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  14:27:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Ooh I like that. Karsus would of course have had a month celebrating each stage or milestone in his life.

Heavy Magic month. Married my sister month. Slaughtered helpless elf babies month.

Wait... what? He married his sister? I don't doubt slaughtering elves.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  15:31:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Wait... what? He married his sister? I don't doubt slaughtering elves.

Karsus Targaryen, First of His Name, King of Prideful Fools, Bane of Netheril

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  17:01:45  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made up married his sister because he is a lunatic and that seems to be the kind of thing you do when you are mad and become an emperor of sorts.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

substantianorminata
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  22:12:32  Show Profile Send substantianorminata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And thus introduced new canon into my world. Feel free to introduce more 'all of them were insane' gossip. Please! My lorehound players will be so amused...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  22:18:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it better to think of them as the scientists in Jurassic Park, as described by Ian Malcolm: So obsessed with whether or not they could do something that they never stopped to think if they should do it.

And in Karsus's case, add to that being as hyperactive as a toddler on Pixy Stix and espresso.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  22:46:54  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think it better to think of them as the scientists in Jurassic Park, as described by Ian Malcolm: So obsessed with whether or not they could do something that they never stopped to think if they should do it.

And in Karsus's case, add to that being as hyperactive as a toddler on Pixy Stix and espresso.

Oh, so he came up with the Haste spell.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

substantianorminata
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2021 :  23:43:56  Show Profile Send substantianorminata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, no. That was Quantoul, I believe. Quantoul’s fastmorph. So...Haste was developed by a *giant-sized* *polymorphed*...toddler on pixy stix and espresso!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2021 :  01:43:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-This is all slander.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2021 :  14:54:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But its fun slander....

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2021 :  18:49:01  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-This is all slander.

Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2021 :  14:30:31  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Your Honor, I would ask that the case be dismissed because the claimant is at this time, let me check my notes, in fact, dead. Additionally, his estate no longer exists because of the claimant's actions that resulted in the destruction of his home and nation. There may be some who will dispute this position since I believe a 'cult' has been created by those that believe the claimant is now of divine stature. I would submit that if this is true, the claimant should appear now, personally and physically, to provide proof to the contrary."
<pauses>
"Since the claimant didn't appear, I stress that this case should be dismissed. Thank you, your Honor."

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000