Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any game hints released about the new FR Magic Set
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  00:44:30  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Its the starting to look like there might not be any Elminster in this set and that would be the single most moronic thing they could do if that is the case, especially when they have a bunch of Greyhawk refugees like Vecna.

I believe Elminster was number crunched out already.

Not a huge loss for me, personally.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  04:46:25  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess this is the correct topic to ask this:

What the Grand Master of Flowers has to do with Bahamut? Yeah, I'm asking because of the card.

EDIT:
And yeah, the the guy at the official Magic website has confirmed that this Grand Master of Flowers is another name for Bahamut.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Rosewater

Finally, I get to show off the white planeswalker for the set. This is a character with another name you might know them by: Bahamut.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 06 Jul 2021 04:58:00
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  08:56:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully it's been stated that the MtG FR release is not "canon" for the D&D game. Why not just call the card "Bahamut" ...? Mystifying.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  14:09:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Guess this is the correct topic to ask this:

What the Grand Master of Flowers has to do with Bahamut? Yeah, I'm asking because of the card.

EDIT:
And yeah, the the guy at the official Magic website has confirmed that this Grand Master of Flowers is another name for Bahamut.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Rosewater

Finally, I get to show off the white planeswalker for the set. This is a character with another name you might know them by: Bahamut.

Hmmm, the only thing I can say is "the two have met" since Kane was part of Gareth's band, and Gareth's band got the gem tree that when planted turned into the white tree, that was protecting Damara from demonic incursions.

BTW, what's the connection between Bahamut and seven things? I noted some people talking about it elsewhere but couldn't make it out. I only note it more since Gareth's party was seven people.
Which as an aside, since they are going to be using FR material, and possibly links to the Throne of Bloodstone module, I wonder if we'll see a card that's this type of demon? I'm betting not, but it made me laugh to read it as I reread Kane's entry.

The dire whiner is a type of demon that typically appears as a large, ugly woman, smeared with dirt and slime. Dire whiners usually live in caves or swamps in the Abyss and on most Prime Material planes.

The dire whiner obtains food, treasure, and other necessities by using her special abilities to whine, complain, and put down, which are magically powered insults. (Examples:
Whine "I waaaant a nice magic ring, like that one you're wearing."
Complain "Nobody likes me; I'm just a misunderstood old woman."
Put down "You slob! You don't have the brains of a worm!")

The whine ability acts as a suggestion spell. It is used to force the victims of the dire whiner to bring it food and treasure. The complain ability acts as a druidic feeblemind spell. It is used against any magic-using creatures that enter her lair. The final
ability, put down, acts as a verbal symbol of hopelessness spell, and is used to break new victims to her will. These abilities can be used one at a time at will. All abilities affect all creatures within earshot.

The dire whiner preys on the demons, mephits, and other creatures of the area. She has accumulated a great store of treasure and magic, and whines to get the accumulated treasures of the party. She complains at magic-using creatures, and uses a put-down to try to force the characters into ultimate submission

seriously though..... someone must have really had a bad ex or something that wrote throne of bloodstone.

By the way, in her store of magic items, she had an anything item. What the heck was that?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 06 Jul 2021 14:19:26
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  16:28:03  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Thankfully it's been stated that the MtG FR release is not "canon" for the D&D game. Why not just call the card "Bahamut" ...? Mystifying.

-- George Krashos

I suppose they wanted to use the concept of the "old man with the canaries", and also liked the concept of the Grand Master? Dunno. I hope they made the Dragon God token card.

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  17:08:25  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

The dire whiner is a type of demon that typically appears as a large, ugly woman, smeared with dirt and slime. Dire whiners usually live in caves or swamps in the Abyss and on most Prime Material planes.

The dire whiner obtains food, treasure, and other necessities by using her special abilities to whine, complain, and put down, which are magically powered insults. (Examples:
Whine "I waaaant a nice magic ring, like that one you're wearing."
Complain "Nobody likes me; I'm just a misunderstood old woman."
Put down "You slob! You don't have the brains of a worm!")

The whine ability acts as a suggestion spell. It is used to force the victims of the dire whiner to bring it food and treasure. The complain ability acts as a druidic feeblemind spell. It is used against any magic-using creatures that enter her lair. The final
ability, put down, acts as a verbal symbol of hopelessness spell, and is used to break new victims to her will. These abilities can be used one at a time at will. All abilities affect all creatures within earshot.

The dire whiner preys on the demons, mephits, and other creatures of the area. She has accumulated a great store of treasure and magic, and whines to get the accumulated treasures of the party. She complains at magic-using creatures, and uses a put-down to try to force the characters into ultimate submission

You know, this is why the new generation of players usually despises the old school stuff...

Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2021 :  21:15:59  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm, the only thing I can say is "the two have met" since Kane was part of Gareth's band, and Gareth's band got the gem tree that when planted turned into the white tree, that was protecting Damara from demonic incursions.

BTW, what's the connection between Bahamut and seven things? I noted some people talking about it elsewhere but couldn't make it out. I only note it more since Gareth's party was seven people.

It's explained by ZeromaruX, but I think eloborate further - Bahamut has 7 Canaries (which are in reality Gold Dragons) acompanying him when in form of an old human/demihuman. These canaries being in the artwork.

Bahamut being called "the Grandmaster of Flowers" is a bit more confusing. I think though it might be connected to the fact St. Sollars (worshipped/revered by the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, whose grandmaster is known as Grandmaster of Flowers) originally was implied to revere and/or serve Bahamut in the Throne of Bloodstone, before the The Bloodstone Lands connected him to Ilmater. Still a bit indirect connection.

(A bit off-topic theory/fanon time for why this might be. I think it's posible Saint Sollars might had be or at least had been a shared saint/proxy of both Bahamut and Imater, or originally even served just Bahamut, but got transfered/shared with Ilmater, with overtime his connection to Bahamut fading from mortal memory. This isn't improbable seeing Bahamut's connection to the Triad. Maybe even the Monastery of the Yellow Rose was originally dedicated to St. Sollars, Bahamut and Ilmater, or just Bahamut and St. Sollars, before the worship got transfered to Ilmater, possibly due to Bahamut weakeneing due to his battes with Tiamat? With one of Bahamut's Avatars, being the
Grandmaster of Flowers. This is is of course in part basing this on a non-canon card, but it's still fun to theorize.)

Edited by - Baltas on 06 Jul 2021 21:37:42
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  01:24:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

quote:

It's explained by ZeromaruX, but I think eloborate further - Bahamut has 7 Canaries (which are in reality Gold Dragons) acompanying him when in form of an old human/demihuman. These canaries being in the artwork.

Bahamut being called "the Grandmaster of Flowers" is a bit more confusing. I think though it might be connected to the fact St. Sollars (worshipped/revered by the Monastery of the Yellow Rose, whose grandmaster is known as Grandmaster of Flowers) originally was implied to revere and/or serve Bahamut in the Throne of Bloodstone, before the The Bloodstone Lands connected him to Ilmater. Still a bit indirect connection.

(A bit off-topic theory/fanon time for why this might be. I think it's posible Saint Sollars might had be or at least had been a shared saint/proxy of both Bahamut and Imater, or originally even served just Bahamut, but got transfered/shared with Ilmater, with overtime his connection to Bahamut fading from mortal memory. This isn't improbable seeing Bahamut's connection to the Triad. Maybe even the Monastery of the Yellow Rose was originally dedicated to St. Sollars, Bahamut and Ilmater, or just Bahamut and St. Sollars, before the worship got transfered to Ilmater, possibly due to Bahamut weakeneing due to his battes with Tiamat? With one of Bahamut's Avatars, being the
Grandmaster of Flowers. This is is of course in part basing this on a non-canon card, but it's still fun to theorize.)

Ah, yes, St. Sollars showed up, smoking a cigar and talking like a cowboy, but speaking for Bahamut. That's at least more of a link.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  14:10:26  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, yes, St. Sollars showed up, smoking a cigar and talking like a cowboy, but speaking for Bahamut. That's at least more of a link.

Yeah, St. Sollars is very silly, but I kinda love him for that. In general, Throne of Bloodstone has some sillier elements in it, like mentioned by you dire whiner.

(With Saint Sollars is also kinda both funy and interesting it being implied he did originate from 1980s Texas, if seeminly travelling in time and space to Toril's past.)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  18:21:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah, St. Sollars is very silly, but I kinda love him for that. In general, Throne of Bloodstone has some sillier elements in it, like mentioned by you dire whiner.

(With Saint Sollars is also kinda both funy and interesting it being implied he did originate from 1980s Texas, if seeminly travelling in time and space to Toril's past.)

Yeah, after reading the entry for St. Sollars, I remember thinking to myself "Yep, Bloodstone Pass definitely sounds like a bad name for a cowboy flick".

I do wonder though, in Throne of Bloodstone, it says that Kane was Grand Master of Spring, and he deliberately left his order and let someone take that role because he respected and didn't want to challenge the current "Grand Master of Flowers".

Then the Bloodstone Lands says
On Kane's advice, Gareth has spent some effort soliciting the
goodwill of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose. He has invited Cantoule, the new Grandmaster of Flowers, to visit Bloodstone Village.

and

At 40, Cantoule is young for his station as the reigning Grand Master of Flowers. He was pressed into the position when Grand Master Poke died, and Kane professed no desire to hold the station for any extended period. Even then Cantoule was not the next most obvious successor. Unfortunately, the man who was next in line, a 15th level monk named Temmenische, was also 95 years old. Kane and Temmenische realized that Cantoule would be the most appropriate successor, so they put him through a crash course of the higher level lessons.

Finally, on the FR Wiki
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Cantoule

There's apparently in the rage of dragons series of novels, this grand master of flowers, Cantoule, helps the monastery of the yellow rose stand off against a bunch of chromatic dragons, until some metallic dragons show up to aid them.

Not that I'd push for anything in the cards to become canon, but just working through concepts for the hell of it.... maybe Cantoule did some shenanigans of some sort with Bahamut (offering himself up as an avatar or somesuch, allowing his body to be possessed, as a martyr) that isn't documented.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  21:05:13  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There's apparently in the rage of dragons series of novels, this grand master of flowers, Cantoule, helps the monastery of the yellow rose stand off against a bunch of chromatic dragons, until some metallic dragons show up to aid them.

Not that I'd push for anything in the cards to become canon, but just working through concepts for the hell of it.... maybe Cantoule did some shenanigans of some sort with Bahamut (offering himself up as an avatar or somesuch, allowing his body to be possessed, as a martyr) that isn't documented.

Well, maybe the cards aren't canon, but's it's fun to theorize - especially seeing how underused Cold Lands (seriously, for example Rime of the Frostmaiden could take place in Sossal and flesh it out).

Returning to the cards from the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set, last (?) cards in the set revealed, among them, most notably Asmodeus, which is pretty interesting as a card:
https://dotesports.com/mtg/news/asmodeus-the-archfiend-revealed-on-final-day-of-mtg-forgotten-realms-spoilers

Edited by - Baltas on 07 Jul 2021 21:08:59
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  23:07:47  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
James Wyatt confirmed that the Bahumut being a Master of Flowers is new.

Btw Elminister ISN'T IN THE SET, let that sink in. He could be in the Commander Decks. This is very messed up.
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2021 :  23:32:46  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

James Wyatt confirmed that the Bahumut being a Master of Flowers is new.

Btw Elminister ISN'T IN THE SET, let that sink in. He could be in the Commander Decks. This is very messed up.

Yeah, that's a pretty dumb decision, and I cannot understand why. One could say it's due to some people disliking Elminster, but the same could be stated for example about Drizzt or Lolth, but they are in the set...
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  00:52:12  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had read on Twitter is that Elminster is a "problematic character", but I don't know if that is actually true.

Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  01:35:12  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I had read on Twitter is that Elminster is a "problematic character", but I don't know if that is actually true.

Hmm, was it stated by someone at Wizards, or working for them or is it just speculation? Not saying it's impossible - I just wonder, as one if far more telling.
Go to Top of Page

TKU
Learned Scribe

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  03:49:08  Show Profile Send TKU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Yeah, I have to wonder how much of that was empty assurances while WoTC has been making plans to merge the settings all along. there was a subtle shift in their wording from Mark Roeswaters initial assurance to the later one here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/magics-voyages-universes-beyond-2021-02-25

quote:
As to whether the Forgotten Realms are now canonically part of Magic's Multiverse, for now, the answer is no. But we may change our minds in the future if it makes sense and is a fun net positive for Magic and D&D.

Considering WoTC just released part of their tie-in adventure today....one that explicitly revolves around a character from Ravnica (a plane from the mtg setting) traveling to the Realms, I wonder how much of all of that was WoTC talking out the side of their mouth while they have been taking baby steps to acclimatize the fanbase for the eventual merge...

The relevant adventure, for the interested:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hidden-page-2021-07-07
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  07:23:37  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will Hindmarch is getting work again? He’s seven years late on a game Kickstarter, I’m surprised WotC would touch him.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  11:45:15  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hmm, was it stated by someone at Wizards, or working for them or is it just speculation? Not saying it's impossible - I just wonder, as one if far more telling.

Everytime some woke fantic says this, just point out Elminister is gender fluid and accuse them of transphobia and they back off Elminster. You can also point out Elminster was the first champion of the LGBT+ community in D&D.

Edited by - Gyor on 08 Jul 2021 11:47:05
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  13:06:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

Will Hindmarch is getting work again? He’s seven years late on a game Kickstarter, I’m surprised WotC would touch him.

????? What brought that on? Is that a code name or something?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  15:54:46  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Everytime some woke fantic says this, just point out Elminister is gender fluid and accuse them of transphobia and they back off Elminster. You can also point out Elminster was the first champion of the LGBT+ community in D&D.

Well, according to the tweet I read, the problem is that Elminster dated a lot of young women (or women that looked way younger than him), so the guy is viewed (according to this person) as a sexist and womanizer symbol of the 70s.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  16:32:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, according to the tweet I read, the problem is that Elminster dated a lot of young women (or women that looked way younger than him), so the guy is viewed (according to this person) as a sexist and womanizer symbol of the 70s.

He's a thousand years old. If he stuck to women his own age, he'd have only a handful of options.

And hey, last time I checked, there was still a pretty significant age difference between Drizzt and Cattie-Brie. I guess it's okay when it's Drizzt.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Jul 2021 16:33:57
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  17:02:05  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And hey, last time I checked, there was still a pretty significant age difference between Drizzt and Cattie-Brie. I guess it's okay when it's Drizzt.

Drizzt looks young despite being three years away from finishing his second century of life as of the current year in FR (1494). I hesitate to "point fingers" in drawing comparisons based on that, but it is reminiscent of the sort of relationship most recently dubbed Twilight-style romance (ancient long-lived immortal whatever, young human female). Meanwhile, Elminster is old and looks it.

Obviously he needs to just trim his beard and get a haircut and start looking like bearded George Clooney instead.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  18:10:16  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

Obviously he needs to just trim his beard and get a haircut and start looking like bearded George Clooney instead.

If you're good looking, you can get away with anything. Or that is what I've learned from the recent World of Warcraft polemic.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 08 Jul 2021 18:14:23
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  18:27:33  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm already in on buying a box of this set. Most of the cards and mechanics look cool to play with. As far as it being Forgotten Realms, it's not. They make up all kinds of new legendary creatures and names for it when there is so many from the history of the game they can pull from but they simply don't. No Elminster, nothing with the seven sisters, no famous Zhentarim, no Cormyr, no Sembia, no red wizard or Szass Tam. It's just basic name drops and that's it big deal. It's just weak sauce. They chickened out when they should have just called 'D&D'.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  18:54:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

I'm already in on buying a box of this set. Most of the cards and mechanics look cool to play with. As far as it being Forgotten Realms, it's not. They make up all kinds of new legendary creatures and names for it when there is so many from the history of the game they can pull from but they simply don't. No Elminster, nothing with the seven sisters, no famous Zhentarim, no Cormyr, no Sembia, no red wizard or Szass Tam. It's just basic name drops and that's it big deal. It's just weak sauce. They chickened out when they should have just called 'D&D'.

That's a little disheartening. I was hoping for some fun of just "wow, look at that, they made a card of this guy or this group I know" as I unpacked the decks. That being said before, I've dropped an equal amount of money on a hardback that just ends up on my bookshelf after I flip through it for an hour, so at least I'll get a little chance to play with rules.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  20:04:05  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yup I agree, if Elminster is the first mortal that is genderfluid and LGBT+ (Gods like Corellon was gender fluid, as were several of the Seldarine from their concepion, though it's a gray area, with gods being more mallable in gender or even sex).

quote:

Drizzt looks young despite being three years away from finishing his second century of life as of the current year in FR (1494). I hesitate to "point fingers" in drawing comparisons based on that, but it is reminiscent of the sort of relationship most recently dubbed Twilight-style romance (ancient long-lived immortal whatever, young human female). Meanwhile, Elminster is old and looks it.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

He's a thousand years old. If he stuck to women his own age, he'd have only a handful of options.

Yeah, I can agree it's hypocritical.

quote:
Originally posted by Renin

I was to comment on this myself, but yeah it does seem this is a general D&D set, with some Realms elements. For example, Vecna not only being a part of the set but having several cards connected to him, despite never being even a part of Forgotten Realms lore.

Edited by - Baltas on 08 Jul 2021 20:51:41
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  20:33:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wait, they put in Vecna, but not.... sigh..... this really is simple.... how the hell does this stuff happen.... though after seeing how things happen where I work, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11703 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  20:36:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If you're good looking, you can get away with anything. Or that is what I've learned from the recent World of Warcraft polemic.

What's happening in WoW?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  21:06:37  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What's happening in WoW?

Well, I think Zeromaru X means Sylvanas, how over the years she was made more evil, especially since the last expansion before the currrent one (Battle for Azeroth), and the current one (Shadowlands). (Warning spoilers) Including commiting genocide, intentionally damning countless souls (including victims of her genocide) to basically Hell, and working for guy (Zovaal the Jailer) who will basically enslave everyone and reshape the universe in his image if he wins (also, Zovaal was closelly involved in the creaton of the Lich King). But will semingly get redeemed even after all this.

There some details to this (Sylvanas didn't knew Zovaal's plan, despite everything, and he posibly had some mental influence on her since she became first undead; it being also a reaction to basically framing the Horde and it's Warchief as vilainous again etc), but it's an at best VERY controversial and rather critiqued point.

Which I why I would suggest for any other Warcraft fans to not discuss this thread.

[EDIT]

Though alternatelly, Zeromaru X might mean handsome/beautiful characters (aside from Sylvanas, Kael'thas, Illidan, Arthas, even kinda Jaina falling here), are wanted by the Warcraft fanbase to have,or already had redeemption arcs, or already had them/were forgiven in WoW.

Edited by - Baltas on 08 Jul 2021 21:45:20
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2021 :  22:53:48  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both takes are valid, Baltas. Sylvanas' fans want her to have a redemption arc because she is "waifu" and necrophilia seems to be a thing in the WoW fandom, regardless of the heinous things Sylvanas has committed over 17 years of lore (genocide, gasing her own people, starting wars, betraying Horde twice or thrice, etc)... So, if Elminster just shaved and looked a bit more like old James Bond, he will be well liked by the people, regardless of his "perverted" ways.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 08 Jul 2021 22:56:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000