Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Mages And Sages Podcast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
10265 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2021 :  20:20:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh one other

Any info on this artifact Daarthos Koruna found in the sunrise mountains (i.e is it JUST seven circlets which hide their wearers or something more)

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070425

hile many Thayans look down on warmages as narrow-minded louts, they can't deny the usefulness of having a contingent of these casters in their armies. From the perspective of the Red Wizards, warmages make excellent subjects because they are powerful weapons but lack the magical protections to defend themselves against mental control. A band of politically neutral warmages has arisen in Thay in recent years under the leadership of Norano Reked (N Mulan male warmage 14). Calling itself Daarthos Koruna after a strange magical artifact the members discovered in the Sunrise Mountains, the band serves Thay as mercenaries for hire. The Daarthos Koruna are seven circlets that render their wearers undetectable by magical and psionic means. For the most part, the band clears out the ruins of the Sunrise Mountains and Delhumide, but they have been known to perform special missions for a number of zulkirs.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1822 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2021 :  20:52:54  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

How about the Firestaff of Aunagar the Black?

More than said here?

https://www.realmshelps.net/npc/wyrms/balagos.shtml

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
10265 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2021 :  21:08:39  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, what the hell.... kind of a magic item.... magical pits

There's several magical "pits" found in places where either drow are or where there might be other underdark elements. For instance

The Pit of Maleficence in the Cliffside City of Peleverai in the Shaar where Gargauth was trapped
The Dark Pit in Narathmault/Dun-Tharos
Athamault the Iron Pit (from Lost Empires of Faerun)
The Pit of Ghaunadar in Undermountain

Other than them being obvious places of great evil, is there any other commonality to these magical places? Any of them similar to the wells of darkness?

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 06 May 2021 21:15:36
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
10265 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2021 :  21:13:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, and I guess one final ... kind of a magic item....

The various "portals" that have opened and dropped Illuskans/northmen/Rus into various places around the realms (i.e. Rashemen, the eastern Shaar, etc...).... song paths made by the elves that got triggered by some bard singing a song they find with the "triggering controls" of the elven portal system focusing on certain words or snippets only that might have gotten reused in human songs?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
615 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  00:30:53  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Looks like there will be a podcast on Friday, May 14, focused on magic item creation. If you've got a named but otherwise undetailed item from some obscure lore reference, put it here and we'll try to get it on the list.

The Snoring Shield of Antalassiter! (from The Temptation of Elminster)

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Senior Scribe

USA
733 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2021 :  15:12:41  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

How about the Firestaff of Aunagar the Black?

More than said here?

https://www.realmshelps.net/npc/wyrms/balagos.shtml

I was hoping to hear more about Aunagar and maybe how it ended up in Balagos' claws? Who was he? When was he?

Another one would be The Shadowstar. I know we have had discussions about it here on the forums but it would be nice if something "official" were to be done to clean up the lore on it. And to also say what it can do. I know that is asking a lot but if you are going to ask for submissions, I might as well shoot for the moon.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000