Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Time of Troubles - Bainite without a God
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  08:02:02  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,
I was thinking about that : between the time where Baine is "killed" in Tantras, and the time where Cyric access Godhood : what Bainite became ?
Did they have access to their spells ? Who gave them these spells ?

Edited by - Marco Volo on 19 Jun 2016 08:02:44

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  13:53:51  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No priest whose god lived on the Outer Planes could cast spells during the Time of Troubles unless they were (iirc) within a mile of their god's avatar. So priests of bane who weren't part of the army Bane was marching around the Dales and then towards Tantras couldn't cast spells throughout the entire Time of Troubles.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2016 :  09:57:21  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks ! I recall this too now.
Go to Top of Page

Misereor
Learned Scribe

164 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  06:51:04  Show Profile Send Misereor a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's been more than 2½ decades since I GM'd the avatar trilogy, but as I recall, all Clerics had access to 1st and 2nd level spells, as those were cosidered to be available through faith alone, rather than granted directly by the deity.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.

Edited by - Misereor on 24 Jun 2016 06:51:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000