Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Karse
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  08:35:15  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

I am still running my campaign in the past of faerun (before 700DR) and I am now looking for some details on Ascalhorn and Karse.

I had a look in the previous FR ressources but I couldn't find any relevent informations on Karse before the fall of Ascalhorn (few lines).

A kind a Karsus cult was active there, right ? How the two city managed to live so closed ?

After the fall and the diaspora of the Netheril community, some of them found refuge in Ascalhorn and after a while they rejected all the Netherise magic.

I think I am going to create a sort of « Magic Netherise Inquisition », part of Mystra cult, who are looking for all potentiel deviants, lore seekers, mage who tried to go too deeper in Netherise knowledge (Adventurers ?;) )

Any futher informations on Karse or Ascalhorn ? My feeling on « Karsus cult » is right or not ? Any advices or read ?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  11:47:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Powers and Pantheons I'm pretty sure sets out how Karse was a short-lived settlement. As such, it had no interaction with Ascalhorn. The novel The Summoning confirms that there were two Wulgreths. Eric Boyd and I wrestled with these inconsistencies and came up with this fix a decade or more ago.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  19:47:06  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Powers and Pantheons I'm pretty sure sets out how Karse was a short-lived settlement.

Found it ! Thanks a lot !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000