Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Karse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evrat Posted - 02 May 2016 : 08:35:15
Hi everyone,

I am still running my campaign in the past of faerun (before 700DR) and I am now looking for some details on Ascalhorn and Karse.

I had a look in the previous FR ressources but I couldn't find any relevent informations on Karse before the fall of Ascalhorn (few lines).

A kind a Karsus cult was active there, right ? How the two city managed to live so closed ?

After the fall and the diaspora of the Netheril community, some of them found refuge in Ascalhorn and after a while they rejected all the Netherise magic.

I think I am going to create a sort of « Magic Netherise Inquisition », part of Mystra cult, who are looking for all potentiel deviants, lore seekers, mage who tried to go too deeper in Netherise knowledge (Adventurers ?;) )

Any futher informations on Karse or Ascalhorn ? My feeling on « Karsus cult » is right or not ? Any advices or read ?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evrat Posted - 02 May 2016 : 19:47:06
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Powers and Pantheons I'm pretty sure sets out how Karse was a short-lived settlement.

Found it ! Thanks a lot !
George Krashos Posted - 02 May 2016 : 11:47:35
Powers and Pantheons I'm pretty sure sets out how Karse was a short-lived settlement. As such, it had no interaction with Ascalhorn. The novel The Summoning confirms that there were two Wulgreths. Eric Boyd and I wrestled with these inconsistencies and came up with this fix a decade or more ago.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000