Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  12:59:58  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? not a lot actually, but i do my best
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? not a lot too since i am more on the forum than on the site
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) yes, some are great
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? why not, it could be interesting anyway
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? yes
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? sure, come on!
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) between 6 and 9 (im hard since i never go on other web sites...)

Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  13:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Everyday at least once, sometimes twice
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Every now and then, maybe three times a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Most likely i would be, but i usually i dont look, i just go straight to the forum page.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Canon?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Yes
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? All the time.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 8.5-9

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aust Grimshadow

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Canon?

Canon means official information, "the truth" as told by Wizards in this case.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2003 :  06:41:23  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Once a day at least; twenty three at most.

2. Twice a week.
3. Yes. Some of it is rather interesting, especially new fan created content.
4. Canon, fan created, it's all good.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, quite often in fact.
7. 9.75-9.95 (No one but eBay may recieve the coveted 10)

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Valius
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2003 :  01:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Valius's Homepage Send Valius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started the forums but am a regular visitot to the sit. Ill most likely use the AT button and definetly be checking other placs in the forums. This site is my favorite so I give it a 9.
Go to Top of Page

Savarian
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2003 :  12:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Savarian's Homepage Send Savarian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum?
Just signed on to the forums and am not a frequent forum participant elsewhere either. I would say I visit forums like this about twice a week.

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
When I want to find something Realms-related that ties in to what I am currently focusing on for my game.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Yes.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
After years of online participation I tend to be leary of fan-created material. Some of it is very good and much appreciated, though much also seems focused on what one person considers "kewl". I prefer what might be more conservative material applicable to most games, not just one person's game.

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
Yes, though like I said I've only recently signed on to the forums here.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
Absolutely. "General Chat" is nice, but I am often looking for specifics when I visit this site and others. The other, more focused, forums are more likely to provide what I need.

7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)
I would give this site a 7.5 to an 8. Nine+ out of ten indicates something approaching perfection and while this site is very good I don't think it's perfect
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  16:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::looks at list:: alrighty...

1- i visit as least once a day, if not more
2- i visit whenever i am looking for something more in depth about the realms
3-yes
4-for fan-created things, i like to try to keep to the more specifif things (i am a detail hog)ones with more depth to them
5-truth be told, i've never really used the active topics idea. I shall try to now
6-yes, very often.
7-a 8 1/2, definately.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  18:14:02  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has changed again

1) How often do you visit this forum? Once a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? -> Not often, let say once a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) -> Not changed
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? ->Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? -> In my favourites, it directly leads me to the active topics section
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? -> I visit every sections t an equal 'rate' (english?)
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) -> The site 7 and the forum 8

Edited by - zemd on 12 May 2003 18:15:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  08:08:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

1 - Three times a day (you never know when someone will need some sage advice).
2 - Three times a week.
3 - Yes. I find fan-created content interesting.
4 - Yes I enjoy both, but have a particular preference to fan-created material. While canon has some good properties that I use regularly, for my campaigns I create most of the information.
5 - In-frequently.
6 - Yes. I visit all forum categories at least once a week.
7 - 9

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  04:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
apologize for the double post...

1)Everday
2)Everday
3)Yes, I constantly check the novel list to see if you updated any cover arts
4)Not very much..yet
5)No-I check all
6)Yes, but I visit those forums the most
7)a strong 9

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  16:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to go through this again:

Just about every time I'm online. It's my home on the net!

Used to be once a day, now it's less . . . lots of other things I have to do, and the forums take priority over the main sitie for me.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)

Yes. Lets me know when something interesting pops up.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?

Of course. I'm making some of it!

To the exclusion of actually clicking on each individual forum, at least for the active topics. If I want to dig up an old one, I can't very well use the Active Topics page, now can I?

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?

Every one of them, except for the Inn (sooo little time ) and I usually skip over the Computer Games section, since I haven't played most of them.

10 x 10

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  17:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily
2) Daily
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6)Not yet but I plan to.
7) 9

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  02:15:37  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the troll answered:

1)Once or twice a day
2)Once or twice a day
3)Haven't quite gotten a chance to look at them yet, still scouring the back shelves...
4)Fan fic is great for fleshing things out...
5) Not really...
6)Yes. Realmslore is fun.
7)13. Definately 13.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  12:09:21  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) many time each day
2) never - but i guess i will start now
3) never seen any, so n/a i guess
4) i hope to be, not been relevant yet (not a dm)
5) i never knew there was one "blush: but will now
6) all of them
7) 9 (i like invision boards) but these have better content

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

PathWarden
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  19:25:29  Show Profile  Visit PathWarden's Homepage Send PathWarden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 1-3 times per day
2) Daily
3) Yes
4) Definitely
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) 8
Go to Top of Page

Horgesh
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  00:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Horgesh's Homepage Send Horgesh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Twice a Day
Once a Week
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Battle fever. I am half a man and drunk with slaughter, let them kill me if they can! -George R. R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  19:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? A few times a day.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Once a week or so.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Updates are always good.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Always interested in what people have to say.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Didn't think of it.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? I try to check them all if I have time.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High 8 - I always forget about that midi no the front page and it always scares the bejeebers out of me. :)
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  13:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) at least once per day except weekend (I'm not home)
2) usually skim it over at least a couple times per week
3) yes
4) very much so
5) I think I've used it once, I mostly skim through everything, I'm still newish, so I'm reading alot of the old stuff as well as the recent things
6) I visit most of them, if not all.
7) at least a 12

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  13:13:45  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? A few times a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Not often
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Somewhat
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? somewhat
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? alot
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Yes
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 9 the music scares the hell out of me too

Some people say that I'm heartless. They are wrong though,I have the heart of a little girl . . .in a jar on my desk.
Go to Top of Page

DrizzitFan
Acolyte

Singapore
26 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  08:35:55  Show Profile  Visit DrizzitFan's Homepage Send DrizzitFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyday since discovering it.

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?Everyday but not as often as the Forum.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)Yea.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?Yea. Some of the fan articles are really good. You go Fans!

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?Uh... no. But will try to do so in future.

Yea, will browse through for interesting topics.

9.5 for a FR/D&D site, actually its one of my fav sites at present.
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  18:21:44  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, here are my answers:
1)Every single day
2)I don't know exactly, maybe 3 or 4 days in a week
3)Yes, I'm very interested
4)Yes, I like it
5)Yes, I use
6)Of Course, especially "runing the realms"
7)10, of course, this forum is like a "eldorado" in the internet, it's really very good.
I'm learning english yet, I'm sorry if I write some incorrect word...

"Gods protect children and drunks"
Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  14:15:33  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every single day, and sometimes twice a day if time allows

The same as above, only usually five or six times a day

Oh yes, they make searching the site a lot easier

Yes, it is good to have the opinion of players as well as designers you know...

Never actually realised it was there until now, but I certainly will in the future once I figure out what it does.

I live in the Running the Realms section, I could not go a day without it.

I'm afraid I cannot answer this question, because my rating isn't on the list. I shall have to go with 10, but 20 would be my choice.

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  22:34:48  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A) Often
B) Once in awhile
C) A few
D) Yes of course
E) Ummm no not yet
F) Yea once in awhile if looking for info
G) 8 or 9 seems to be an awesome site... but I am unknowing of such things so It is not my place to judge

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  14:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? FIrst thing I do each time I log on.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Twice a week
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Yes
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Now and then to find out who I was bothering.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? I look them all over even the RP one to make sure I can jump in at the right times and stirr more trouble up.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) Oh at least a good 9

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Daryen
Acolyte

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  07:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Daryen's Homepage Send Daryen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

Thanks for your time.

1) I only have time to be here 1 a week
2)only once a week
3)yup
4)ofcourse
5)haven`t gotten this far yet
6)haven`t gotten this far yet
7so far i guess a 6

You may believe there is a all good and loving god who tells you: love everyone, even your strongest enemies! bah! can the torn and bloody victim love the bloodspattered jaws that rend him limb from limb?
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2003 :  22:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)How often do you visit this forum?

It varies, depending on the interest I have on the topics up for discussion, and whether or not I'm participating. It can be multiple times a day, or less than once a week.

2)How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?

Once or twice a month. That bloody music can only be tolerated so often.

3)Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)?

Occasionally, but more often "no" than "yes." Given the infrequent updates, the information is very often news I'm already aware of (with regard to product releases) or don't particularly have any interest in (novel reviews).

4)Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?

Occasionally, but more often "no" than "yes." Being all too familiar with the accuracy and usefulness of some of the older fan-created articles, both from this site and other resources, fan material is something I generally avoid.

5)Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?

Not really, no.

Sometimes, but not usually.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  03:50:06  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum?At least once a day.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?Same.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)Yes

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?Yes,maybe more.

YES,and love it.
yes
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 10

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2003 :  08:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1)Thrice a day.
2)Once a day.
3)Yes, very much.
4)Yes.
5)Yes.
6)All of them.
7)10.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  10:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)at least once a week
2)at least once a week
3)yes
4)yes
5)not yet
6)yes
7)10

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2003 :  21:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.)Almost every day, but I usaly spend most of the day sitting in front of the PC
2.)Once each week
3.) A little
4.) Same
5.) Same
6.) Yes
7.) 9

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page