Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Second Edition Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  00:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have a good scan of the 2nd edition Forgotten Realms map? You can find a ton of 3e and 4e maps and I found one so-so 1e map, but I really prefer the 2e map above all.

Jesus said, "I am the Ressurection and the Life. Anyone who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and those who live and believe in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  01:17:28  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one here on my laptop...'tis a .pdf file, and a mighty big one at that...I'll see if I can find a place to put it...I will come back with a link for the place I have put the map in a breath or two...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  01:27:24  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here it is, in all her glory!

http://www.4shared.com/office/6k6YNV0Iba/FR_-_Faerun_Map.html

It doesn't have a lot of vibrant colors (the colors are muted), and she looks to be 1e-2e era, but it has never failed me as a pretty-darn accurate map for my needs...you're welcome to use it as you wish!

*EDIT* If any mod can clean up the link for me and make it look pretty, I'd be grateful...I seem to have forgotten how to make the links look pretty...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?

Edited by - Xnella Moonblade-Thann on 22 Sep 2015 02:06:40
Go to Top of Page

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  02:10:11  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

It doesn't have a lot of vibrant colors (the colors are muted), and she looks to be 1e-2e era, but it has never failed me as a pretty-darn accurate map for my needs...you're welcome to use it as you wish!

*EDIT* If any mod can clean up the link for me and make it look pretty, I'd be grateful...I seem to have forgotten how to make the links look pretty...

Thanks! I would download that but the link tries to force me to download third party programs. :(

Jesus said, "I am the Ressurection and the Life. Anyone who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and those who live and believe in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Go to Top of Page

AuldDragon
Senior Scribe

USA
551 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  03:56:46  Show Profile  Visit AuldDragon's Homepage Send AuldDragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's the map from the Forgotten Realms Atlas (by Karen Wynn Fonstadt), rather than the one from the 2nd Edition revised campaign set. Not sure if that's the one Baptor is looking for or not.

Jeff

My 2nd Edition blog: http://blog.aulddragon.com/
My streamed AD&D Spelljamer sessions: https://www.youtube.com/user/aulddragon/playlists?flow=grid&shelf_id=18&view=50
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Edited by - AuldDragon on 22 Sep 2015 03:57:12
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2015 :  18:35:46  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true, I think the map you are looking for is this one. Hope the size is satisfactory.

EDIT: It's actually a bit small, I'm gonna check it out at home to see if I have a better version.
But I usually prefer, for my 2e games and campaign, using the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas.
I've also met the 4shared map in JPG format.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 29 Sep 2015 12:06:26
Go to Top of Page

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2015 :  01:11:47  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

That's true, I think the map you are looking for is this one. Hope the size is satisfactory.

EDIT: It's actually a bit small, I'm gonna check it out at home to see if I have a better version.
But I usually prefer, for my 2e games and campaign, using the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas.
I've also met the 4shared map in JPG format.

Yeah, that one with all the colors is the one I was looking for. I found that version too but it was a) a bit small and b) not the whole map. Chult and some other areas were chopped off. Hey though thanks for looking, and if you happen to run across a good one send it my way. :D

Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2015 :  01:40:09  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baptor, is there an email address that you can have the .pdf file of the map sent to? (the .pdf file is much bigger than what the .jpg format Barastir linked, and should have more areas than the map Barastir first linked) I can put it into a .zip file to compress it and make it able to send if you'd like?

Edited by - Xnella Moonblade-Thann on 23 Sep 2015 01:45:57
Go to Top of Page

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2015 :  02:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Baptor, is there an email address that you can have the .pdf file of the map sent to? (the .pdf file is much bigger than what the .jpg format Barastir linked, and should have more areas than the map Barastir first linked) I can put it into a .zip file to compress it and make it able to send if you'd like?

Sure, of course the small .jpg that barastir posted was the Atlas map and the one I am looking for is the colorful one from Second Edition box set. I'll send the email to you in a pm.

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2015 :  01:50:58  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Could you send it to me too? I will PM you. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2015 :  09:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyw0lhcb46rd0iu/Realms%20Campaign%20Setting.jpg?dl=0
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2015 :  11:48:05  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2015 :  13:21:15  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baptor
(...) and if you happen to run across a good one send it my way. :D

Checked at home, and had nothing different there. The one Caladan Brood posted is nice, though. I haven't checked the map itself in my boxed set at home, but it seems Chult is chopped off there too...

My campaign is in the North, and so I use the map from The North 2e boxed set... And I gave - ingame - for my players the (more incomplete and imprecise) map from 1e Savage Frontier, although I sent them also a digital version I made which went a bit to the south, just like the 2e boxed set map, including Daggerford and other features, like the Highstar Lake and the Forgotten Forest.

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 24 Sep 2015 13:23:38
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2015 :  14:31:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of good maps floating around here lately. I love it.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2015 :  21:13:42  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cards77 and Baptor, I have sent an email to you with the map pdf in a .zip file...it shouldn't be to difficult to unzip the file and save to where you want on your computers. Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  12:26:31  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
(...)
the .pdf file is much bigger than what the .jpg format Barastir linked
(...)

Strangely, I just checked the link out and saw that it is very, very small. The original JPG is way bigger, and only a little bit smaller than the PDF version. Gotta check it out and correct it.

EDIT: I'll have to do it from home, at night. Sorry, guys!

See it again, in GIF format!

Lead by example.

(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 29 Sep 2015 12:05:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: