Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Weave Whispers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2016 :  05:50:26  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

I don't know if I'm the only one, but "stag-headed mage" immediately makes me think of Yimluth, the most powerful member of the Sword Heralds. He was a werestag and in theory was nearly immortal and stuck with a stag-head.

He was described as "at least 26th level."

As the topic of the Heralds is seemingly forever off-limits I doubt we'll get confirmation.

It is interesting to think of him as one of the powers behind the Harpers as well - perhaps a Master Harper and one of the original Harpers at Twilight. Great possibilities here.

Where o where can I find more info on Yimluth, the Stagmage?

Volo's Guide to Cormyr, the appendix on the Sword Heralds. So far as I can recall, that's the extent of the info we have on him or the Sword Heralds.

It is. I've 'asked Ed' several times but the Sword Heralds are perpetually in NDA.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2016 :  01:07:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stag-headed mage.... sometimes a simple solution may be staring you in the face. There's a race of reindeer headed beings like minotaurs in the Hordelands. They're noted as being protectors of nature, so they'd seemingly fit with the harpers.

From the Hordelands Boxed Set (these humanoids are noted as being very intelligent)
The shatjan has the body of a man or woman, strong and stocky, and the head of a reindeer. Males sport large antler racks, while females have antlers that are somewhat smaller. The head, neck, shoulders, and forearms are covered with a thick gray to dark brown coat. Shatjan clothing is made from skins and bark, often decorated with patterns and symbols.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000