Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Character-Creator list
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MagniThorson
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2014 :  00:05:45  Show Profile Send MagniThorson a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a list of the Major game and novel characters and their origin, whether it be Ed Greenwood and his ongoing FR works or the various other game designers or authors?

Thanks,

MT

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  05:28:47  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for just the "main" characters, I would look for the HEROES LOREBOOK and the VILLAINS LOREBOOK. Hope this points you in a good direction.
Go to Top of Page

MagniThorson
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  14:06:07  Show Profile Send MagniThorson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something that denotes which Authors or Game Writers are the creator of the character. For example, which ones Ed Greenwood is responsible for and which might be a creation of a Salvatore or Cunningham for their books versus a character they borrowed.

Ex. Arilyn Moonblade - Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  17:30:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not aware of any such list... Is there a particular character that you want to know who created?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

MagniThorson
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  18:11:53  Show Profile Send MagniThorson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I am not aware of any such list... Is there a particular character that you want to know who created?

No one in particular. I was just wondering if something like that had been done and what was original and what has come out of others creative process.

Thanks,

MT

Edited by - MagniThorson on 30 Apr 2014 21:46:30
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  21:37:53  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rule of thumb: except for novel protagonists, it's almost always Ed. He created even some characters other writers use a lot, like Szass Tam, Khelben Blackstaff, Malchor Harpell, and so on. Sometimes even when another writer introduces characters for a book and makes them their own, Ed's been consulted behind the scenes on names, beforehand.
BB
Go to Top of Page

MagniThorson
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  21:49:26  Show Profile Send MagniThorson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Rule of thumb: except for novel protagonists, it's almost always Ed. He created even some characters other writers use a lot, like Szass Tam, Khelben Blackstaff, Malchor Harpell, and so on. Sometimes even when another writer introduces characters for a book and makes them their own, Ed's been consulted behind the scenes on names, beforehand.
BB

Thanks BB. Do you know of any individuals other than those you mentioned that are the main protagonist in a novel and created by Ed but the novel is penned by someone else?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2014 :  21:57:45  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to names used in Realms novels complete with the novel name they were used in. I can't take credit for this as it was shared to me on this site awhile back. When you go to the site use the link that says 'Here's another link' as the other two are broken. Cheers.

http://my-realms.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-names-by-ed-greenwood-now-there.html

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2014 :  05:21:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MagniThorson

quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

BB

Thanks BB. Do you know of any individuals other than those you mentioned that are the main protagonist in a novel and created by Ed but the novel is penned by someone else?

Elaine Cunningham has made a lot of use of Elaith Craulnober -- he was an Ed character, first mentioned in FR1 Waterdeep & The North. A lot of people don't realize that Elaine didn't create Elaith.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000