Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Voronica Whitney-Robinson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  19:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a renowned author of the Realms, namely - Voronica Whitney-Robinson, whos works include: Sands of the Soul, The Crimson Gold and the Ravenloft novel (with James Lowder) Spectre of the Black Rose.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  07:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Ill ask the first question

What are you currently writing? (Anything FR? Yes/NO/Cant comment yet)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  10:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Just a short note to inform you all that the results of an interview with Voronica Whitney-Robinson, on her most recent novel - The Crimson Gold, will be featured here at Candlekeep shortly.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  17:21:41  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,Voronica.I just want to take the time to tell how much I enjoyed The Crimson Gold.I think you did a wonderful job in bringing the major characters of Thay together,even if it was in a small way,and mixing them all together with Tazi.I can't recall a novel ever having all the Zulkirs together in one room.So I kind of found that appealing.I do enjoy the exploits of Tazi,and is there any future plans for her????

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  21:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

I can't recall a novel ever having all the Zulkirs together in one room.So I kind of found that appealing.

Lynn Abbey's The Simbul's Gift, book six of The Nobles, features a Convocation of all the Zulkirs.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  22:26:05  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected.Thanks Kameron,I haven't read that one in a long while.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  09:00:04  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, Voronica, can we expect to see a Tazi trilogy out in the near future?

What else are you working on? Any FR, or...?

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  09:28:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady Whitney-Robinson, can I partake of your valuable time for a moment...?

Please, if you could answer this query...Do you know who wrote these NPC stats for the character Tazi Uskevren...?

It's not really that important, it's just that Sirius and I were curious...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  12:23:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

It's not really that important, it's just that Sirius and I were curious...

Thank you for taking the time to post this question. I totally forgot about this thread when pondering the author of the stats last night.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  19:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

I stand corrected.Thanks Kameron,I haven't read that one in a long while.

No problem. I happened to read it recently as research for one of the characters featured in Maiden.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Edited by - Kameron M. Franklin on 17 Feb 2004 19:43:14
Go to Top of Page

CurseLord
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2004 :  05:41:40  Show Profile  Visit CurseLord's Homepage Send CurseLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any plans to have a novel about Steorf? Perhaps a novel in the Wizards series(which I believe is supposed to come out after the Fighters series). Perhaps it could revel some of the things that happened to him at the end of Sands of the Soul.

Spoiler(highlight to read)
I am very curious to what was said between him and Shar and what sort of gifts she was offering to him. Perhaps use of the Shadow Weave?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  13:07:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see in one of their new paperbacks, that WOTC is advertising your book next year, Queen of the Depths. Did the company come to you asking for a focus on the ocean goddess? Or did you choose the deity?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading the book.
Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2005 :  20:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About Crimson Gold:
First of all I really did enjoy the first 2/3rd of it very much. I think you have done a wonderful job in bringin Thay to life!

Just the ending stroke me, I have a few questions about it:

1) The Zulkiers are said to be among the most powerful mages in Faerun. Why did none of them cast a single Spell, when Eltab appeard? They were just stunned and didn't do anything then panicing. (How did such nervous wrecks become Zulkir in the first place)

2) How could a Vulcano break out, when Khossus High Temple is set on top of Mount Thay? (see Faith and Avatars)

3) Why did Thay have nobody - not a single Person - to do anything in that conflict? Would they really trust outsiders?

3) If the Red Wizards built a whole City as a Rune to imprison Eltab, why was Thazi able to kill him with only one dagger stroke? Especially, if that dagger wasn't even magical? It was just made in a sparse minute by a Duergar, who didn't enchant anything (even Drizzt needed much more then one stroke against his Balor - and he had a weapon designed to kill Demons)

4) Wouldn't Eltab be free in 101 years and then spread havoc in Thay? It's impossible to kill Demons in the Prime Material Plane - that's the Reason, why Eltabbar was built? If so, Thay is surely doomed isn't it?

These things have really struck me, it would be nice, if you could share your thoughts about these questions.

By the way, what was Cale doing in Thay? Can we expect another book?

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5691 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2005 :  21:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Iliphar1

Thank ye for sharing thy thoughts herein. Alas, I fear that Voronica will be unable to respond to these questions and no longer has any involvment with the Realms or any online presence.

I will however, leave this area open.... just incase

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2005 :  02:55:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
Thank ye for sharing thy thoughts herein. Alas, I fear that Voronica will be unable to respond to these questions and no longer has any involvment with the Realms or any online presence.

I will however, leave this area open.... just incase

Sad to hear that news Alaundo. I was looking forward to reading more FR writings from her.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  00:29:59  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iliphar1

About Crimson Gold:
First of all I really did enjoy the first 2/3rd of it very much. I think you have done a wonderful job in bringin Thay to life!

Just the ending stroke me, I have a few questions about it:

Wow Iliphar, I had the same thoughts exactly. The first 2/3rd of the novel was amazing. As I was reading the last few chapters, however, I had to do a double take to see if I was reading the same novel. I have never before or since read a Realms novel that so completely fell apart at the end.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Cronje
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  12:07:49  Show Profile Send Cronje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met!

I have a question about Sands of the Soul. In the novel, Ciredor needed ten souls of those who worshiped Shar in one form or another, but he seemed really interested in Ebiean's, who worships Fenmarel Mestarine. Did Shar have any influence on him that I'm unaware?

Edited by - Cronje on 29 May 2011 12:08:03
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  12:48:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cronje

Well met!

I have a question about Sands of the Soul. In the novel, Ciredor needed ten souls of those who worshiped Shar in one form or another, but he seemed really interested in Ebiean's, who worships Fenmarel Mestarine. Did Shar have any influence on him that I'm unaware?

Unfortunately, Voronica no longer retains an active presence here at Candlekeep, and thus, I fear this question will likely go unanswered unless you can find a way to contact her elsewhere.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 29 May 2011 12:49:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000