Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 does anyone here have
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2013 :  23:59:18  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
the last 5e playtest packet??

if so can you send me a copy? I dont want to sign up for it.....especially if they ask for results.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  00:13:12  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love this as well.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  00:58:04  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know why you wouldn't want to sign up. If you still have an active account (non-DDI required) then you can still download the whole thing for free with no obligation to submit any feedback. Actually the feedback surveys are all done, so really it would be just downloading the free Beta.

EDIT: Oh, you do have to sign the OPTA (online play test agreement) but all that says is that your not going to try to steal their material and sell it or otherwise distribute it to other people who are not in the OPTA. Funny enough, there's been enough people who've been displaying and disseminating the info from the packets on their own sight that I don't think they care all that much about online discussions about it.

From my own perspective, it's not a bad game. Certainly won't replace my v3.5 or 4E collection and probably won't go for 5E game if someone is willing to run or play in a 4E game (as is our usual campaign on Mondays) but I can see it being a system people use to get into the genre. It's quick, easy to use, and fairly simple. The game doesn't force a cut-throat, gritty instant-death style that was prevalent in pre-3E D&D but neither does it promote a "PCs are invincible" style that later v3.5 and most of 4E had. The best advice I can give is that the system is being deisnged with the DM and group to taylor it to their senses right from the get-go. Your encouraged to change, alter, remove, and add elements that fit how you like to play.

Edited by - Diffan on 16 Nov 2013 02:40:05
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  02:03:42  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think when you sign up you can opt not to receive emails from WotC. It is completely free. The current packet is pretty neat, you might as well do it the whole "registration" process takes 5-10 minutes tops.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  06:28:53  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
but I dont wanna

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  06:44:48  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
acquired it anyway.....

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  20:45:22  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why resort to underground, shadowy channels for a free product? Especially since it offers you a conduit to provide tweaks, suggestions, criticisms, and feedback - all with the objective of empowering you to demand the product you really want?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  06:06:31  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
because I don't like to draw attention to myself.....

and I DID sign up for it, I just didn't want to

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  09:58:43  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could have just created a new email account to download it? It would have drawn less attention to yourself than making a thread here asking people to give you a copy of the playtest no ? : )

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  13:11:14  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@sfdragon
What do you think of the packet?

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000