Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 3rd excerpt from THE GODBORN -- Magadon and Riven
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  18:34:28  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've posted the third (of what will ultimately be six) excerpts from my forthcoming Sundering novel, THE GODBORN.

This excerpt features Magadon, with a side of Riven. I hope you enjoy.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/third-excerpt-from-the-godborn-magadon-with-a-side-of-riven/

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  19:18:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That was interesting. Thanks, Paul. Looking forward to more . . . and of course, the actual book itself.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  20:04:50  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
October is too damn far away!!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  20:12:00  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ssh! Do not curse it. The Power-That-Be might hear you and once again play another joke and release that book next year instead.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  20:50:22  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awws. I remember reading this excerpt on your blog 6 months ago :p

Love it. Was hoping for one I have not read :p
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  23:54:39  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!

Mags was my favorite character from Erevis Cale and Twilight Wars, so it's nice to see him again. Of course I loved Cale and Riven too :) but oh man, the cliffhanger!

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  01:13:18  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot wait for this book. I read this at work today (shhhh) and it made my Monday!!
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  03:13:17  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG! Mags will be back! Paradise!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  13:03:03  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like this is going to be an epic story. Cant wait for October!
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2013 :  02:25:02  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was an awesome excerpt.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Captain black
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2013 :  22:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Captain black's Homepage Send Captain black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the excerpts, but man is it depressing that they end!

One Question:
I know this is part of the sundering now, but will it still be a trilogy of its own too?
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2013 :  23:57:44  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesssss! Always liked Riven.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  00:09:34  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  04:13:02  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man oh man, I can't wait for the book. Good job Paul.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000