Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Cry of the Ghost Wolf
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  12:50:11  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings fellow scribes, I was putting together a list of books that I'm missing from my FR collection and I've noticed that I cannot find Cry of the Ghost Wolf (Book 3 of The Chosen of Nendawen Trilogy) anywhere for a decent price. Why's that so? Was this a limited print?

Does anyone here own a seperate copy and is willing to part with it? I live in Turkey and Realms books other than Mr. Salvatore's are impossible to find here.

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  14:23:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
check amazon, I see multiple used copies for real cheap

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Volathar
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  14:58:20  Show Profile Send Volathar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@canikoblivan; I also live in Turkey & know exactly what you're getting through =) as a Realms reader, who definitely doesn't like Drizzt, I also find it very difficult to obtain the books I want. I have 3 places to try for each book I'm looking for & I just registered on this forum, particularly to help you out =)

1- Ebay : So far, I've been able to find nearly every book I was searching for, through ebay. The only disadvantage is; the shipping fee will probably be more expensive than the book itself. That is, of course, IF the seller's shipping to Turkey.. (website: http://www.ebay.com)

2- "Robinson Crusoe" Bookstore : The best bookstore in Istanbul I've found so far, regarding fantasy novels. They have just a few options in the bookstore itself, but if they have the book on their database, then they'll order it for you. It probably takes a month to receive the books this way, but it'll certainly be the cheapest option available. (Phone Nr: +90 212 293 6968 , e-mail address: info@rob389.com)

3- Remzi Bookstore & Pandora Bookstore : You're probably familiar with these two, but I just wanted to remind you of them again, because sometimes they really surprise me. The only way to check on "Remzi" is to walk in to one of their stores, because their website really sucks. However, Pandora's website is quite good and you can also send an inquiry, whether they can provide your book or not & how long it'd take. (Pandora website : http://www.pandora.com.tr)

For your book, I was able to find just one seller though & he/she's from Australia =) the shipment is more expensive than the book again, but if you really want the book, maybe you can check his/her store & find some more books to order, thus making it a more "profitable" shipment. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cry-of-the-Ghost-Wolf-Sehestedt-Mark-/380621026365?pt=AU_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item589ec7f43d)

If I were you, I'd also send Robinson Crusoe an e-mail (Seda is the woman in charge), but of course, that's up to you =)

I wouldn't recommend Amazon by the way, because their shipment fees, for some reason, are extremely high for our country. So, unless you're going to order like 10 books or more, it's a useless website.

And now, having helped a fellow traveler (in my own way), my quest here seems to be complete =)
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  15:33:32  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volathar

@canikoblivan; I also live in Turkey & know exactly what you're getting through =) as a Realms reader, who definitely doesn't like Drizzt, I also find it very difficult to obtain the books I want. I have 3 places to try for each book I'm looking for & I just registered on this forum, particularly to help you out =)

1- Ebay : So far, I've been able to find nearly every book I was searching for, through ebay. The only disadvantage is; the shipping fee will probably be more expensive than the book itself. That is, of course, IF the seller's shipping to Turkey.. (website: http://www.ebay.com)

2- "Robinson Crusoe" Bookstore : The best bookstore in Istanbul I've found so far, regarding fantasy novels. They have just a few options in the bookstore itself, but if they have the book on their database, then they'll order it for you. It probably takes a month to receive the books this way, but it'll certainly be the cheapest option available. (Phone Nr: +90 212 293 6968 , e-mail address: info@rob389.com)

3- Remzi Bookstore & Pandora Bookstore : You're probably familiar with these two, but I just wanted to remind you of them again, because sometimes they really surprise me. The only way to check on "Remzi" is to walk in to one of their stores, because their website really sucks. However, Pandora's website is quite good and you can also send an inquiry, whether they can provide your book or not & how long it'd take. (Pandora website : http://www.pandora.com.tr)

For your book, I was able to find just one seller though & he/she's from Australia =) the shipment is more expensive than the book again, but if you really want the book, maybe you can check his/her store & find some more books to order, thus making it a more "profitable" shipment. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cry-of-the-Ghost-Wolf-Sehestedt-Mark-/380621026365?pt=AU_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item589ec7f43d)

If I were you, I'd also send Robinson Crusoe an e-mail (Seda is the woman in charge), but of course, that's up to you =)

I wouldn't recommend Amazon by the way, because their shipment fees, for some reason, are extremely high for our country. So, unless you're going to order like 10 books or more, it's a useless website.

And now, having helped a fellow traveler (in my own way), my quest here seems to be complete =)

Then I'd like to give you a warm welcome first, and also thank you for your help =)

Paying more for p&p than the actual price of the novel itself is a little odd, considering this book is relatively new.

I'm well aware of those websites that you have mentioned, in fact I always make a visit to both Pandora and Robinson Crusoe whenever I go to Istanbul (I live in Izmir). I also use nobleknight.com and hitpointe.com and would definitely recommend both of them to you as well.

Some completionist scribes here keep multiple copies of the same book and I thought I could get lucky with this particular novel. That does not mean that I do not appreciate your help though, so thanks a lot, again =)
Go to Top of Page

Volathar
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2013 :  09:59:54  Show Profile Send Volathar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah! A fair traveler from my very own homeland, I see =) such a small world, we live in =) now, though, I know what you're going through, a lot more. I've been through the same path myself; living in Izmir, coming to Istanbul once in a while (generally for concerts and etc.) & visiting Robinson Crusoe/Pandora straight away.

Well, I wish the best of luck to you, in finding your book, then =) and of course, thanks a lot for introducing me to 2 more useful websites =)
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  02:03:11  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check Amazon, or any site that sells books.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Corrupteddragon
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  03:22:46  Show Profile  Visit Corrupteddragon's Homepage Send Corrupteddragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem last summer

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16583

Was finally able to find it for cover price (and new) about a month later. Not sure why this one was so hard to get. It seems to have gone out of print less then a year after release which is odd.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000