Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Deity/other being with Hunger portfolio?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  03:24:56  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I can't seem to recall but is there any deity in the realms that represents hunger? Not like the starving I need food, but the whole gluttony and feeding frenzy aspect. The very finality of devouring and consumption.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  03:36:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...good question. Even Malar doesn't seem to fit that one perfectly, though I would nominate him.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  03:48:01  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only one I see is the troglodyte god, Laogzed. Other than that, I guess no major power has it.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  03:56:03  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Vaprak? Hmmm...all my books are packed for the move right now.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  04:10:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

The only one I see is the troglodyte god, Laogzed. Other than that, I guess no major power has it.

Laogzed is pretty much it, in terms of official Realms references. I think it was mentioned in Serpent Kingdoms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  06:54:08  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also Turaglas, the King of Ghouls, and Ramenos in the Abyss
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  03:16:20  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew Turaglas was one, in terms of a demon prince cult at least. I didn't think Ramenos was one, but I can see why.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  12:53:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Does sexual hunger count? If so, then there's Sharess.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  09:33:56  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do primordials count?

Dendar the Night Serpent, the Chaos Hound, Entropy and the Elf-Eater are all hungry

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11712 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  12:45:14  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, did they ever officially name Entropy as a primordial? It makes sense (I never liked the idea that it was some servant of Tiamat).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  12:02:05  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She is in the dragon article about Chessenta. Or not.

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  02:04:21  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I will count Primordials, since, game mechanically speaking they're no different than deities.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  16:42:36  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Entropy is a primordial. Turned into a Sphere of Annihilation as a warning from Ao, to make the gods behave themselves. Tiamat simply co-opted the sphere but the Cult of Entropy now worships the primordial instead of Tiamat. Kno was part-right. The info is from Dungeon #178

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  14:51:51  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could bolt on hunger to Lolth's portfolio. If you read the parts of the War of the Spider Queen series dealing with Lolth's rebirth and when the party are on the new Demonweb, you'll understand.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000