Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Race
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  14:53:11  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By that logic the smaller you are the better ,so drawves would be happiest when they were just a few centimeters tall.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  15:56:25  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swarm you like ants, and kill you from the inside!

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  18:50:34  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
humans

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  21:19:22  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

Hah! Humans are bright! They'd bring insect spray!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  00:59:08  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hrm, which race to pick? Well, anything elfy is tops of my pick. Drow, followed by Moon elves, especially. After that, half-dragons! (the ORIGINAL ones, of course!) And perhaps gnomes. I'm starting to really like those little guys!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  11:50:34  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:

Indeed . Thats the best way to deal with annoying bugs.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  15:13:04  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

But with dwarves' resistance to magic (and poisons?), you'd just end up with them continuing with their efforts all the way inside of you, and if the poison ever did take effect, you'd have a bunch of dying poisoned mini-dwarves (ha! what a term!) inside of you. You'd probably end up poisoning yourself!

Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  15:33:38  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I had to vote "other," since gnomes weren't an option. And dwarves. Gnomes and dwarves are my favourite RPG races.

Though, it puzzles me as to why dragons would be listed as a race, while gnomes were overlooked?

you can vote "fey people" :P aren't gnomes fey?
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  18:37:24  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gnomes. You all will eventually kneel down to your gnomish underlords.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  18:44:46  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Half-elves.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2012 :  21:27:37  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Varl

I actually wonder if a storm giant could stoop that low?

Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  00:50:19  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I actually wonder if a storm giant could stoop that low?

Lower, with a few well placed blows to the ankle bone or maybe the pinkie toe.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana

Edited by - Varl on 03 Nov 2012 00:51:02
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  12:33:55  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

But with dwarves' resistance to magic (and poisons?), you'd just end up with them continuing with their efforts all the way inside of you, and if the poison ever did take effect, you'd have a bunch of dying poisoned mini-dwarves (ha! what a term!) inside of you. You'd probably end up poisoning yourself!

It would still cost you hundreds of drawves to take down on human and last I checked there were a lot more of us in the first place.
MUHAHAHA
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  14:26:26  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dunno about that, but I do like the way gnomes were presented in 4th Edition - much more fey ('elven'?) in appearance and not the big-nosed absent-minded clods, or the type that teeter out on the front lawn in the wind and are named 'David' (I immensely dislike the way gnomes are portrayed in the Everquest games).

That said, I voted elves. Fey'ri count as half-elves, in my book (as they are exactly that), and for interesting cultures and social interaction, you simply cannot top a drow.

- OMH

Edited by - Old Man Harpell on 10 Nov 2012 03:08:16
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  14:53:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never liked gnomes... until I read the Golarion Inner Sea Guide. Interesting take... very original.

I'd agree 4e's take on them is a lot less lackluster then previous editions. However, without the earlier edition class restrictions, I still think gnomes are way too redundant with halflings. Tolkien is great and all, but I think its time we all moved on. Orcs still aren't a core race, but we've had two races of 'wee folk' since the beginning. 4e was a good start - give some groups of halflings 'gnome stuff' and put the gnomish race in the monster manual. Thats another 4e decision I agree on.

The classic D&D gnome could become a dwarf/hin crossbreed. All the inventiveness and curiosity of a dwarf without the common sense. We can even call them Kender.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Nov 2012 14:57:06
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  15:15:51  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm I want to vote for drow but don't want to vote for elves in genral
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  05:41:30  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tieflings aren't half anything. :P But they're the best.

Eladrin are close (the CG celestials, not the 4e mortal elf subrace).

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  09:53:11  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely elves, I do favor them among all races the most.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  17:19:55  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was extremely difficult for me (too many I like!), but I finally voted for the one I've loved for as long as I can remember; dragons. Although I must admit, my interest in all things fey has been increasing over the last couple of years. I was also tempted to vote for either humans (if all the various 'half' races are considered human) or 'other', for all the oddball races I like (gloamings, lizard folk, loxo, minotaurs, suarials, wemics, etc.).
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:39:16  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Other because Half-Elves weren't specifically mentioned (which I find rather curious, they could fall under human or fey, depending on your point of view).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  00:01:07  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wemics, Doppelgangers, Alu-Fiends.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  01:12:48  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Other--Dragonborn. Next up would be genasi, then orcs.

Which dragonborn?

Whichever ones were in Byers' Chessenta-based Brotherhood novels.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  03:36:01  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've noticed several people mentioned their fave race was not included, or categories like fey were too broad. Sorry, guys! There is a limited amount of how many options you include in a poll, and I didn't want the list to be long or "drawn too thin", if that makes sense.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  05:58:32  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally think the grouping of the races for the polls limit of choices is brilliant. I knew what each one meant and what it included, so well done.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  09:48:28  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Alruane on this (even if I am one of the one's who was complaining), and the way you chose to set up this poll does make sense (at least, it does to me).
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  09:53:21  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Drustan.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  10:33:35  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although, I have other favorites as well. Drow being one of them, gnomes, dwarves, etc.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  23:36:41  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, thanks guys

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2013 :  23:56:58  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Human.

Because they can do everything well.

Extra skill points, feats what's not to love?

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2013 :  09:54:07  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by froglegg

Human.

Because they can do everything well.

Extra skill points, feats what's not to love?

John

The only real reason I hated them. haha
They could do EVERYTHING. While the elves and other races were rather limited to certain classes and such.

~Joneleth Irenicus

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000