Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Help with the Temple Raider PrC.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  02:32:23  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In FR, I want to use this PrC under the deity Erevan Ilesere, but I only have the 3.0 version. I know that there is a 3.5 version somewhere. Can anyone PLEASE give me the updated Temple Raider??!!! 3.5 only please.

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  02:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

In FR, I want to use this PrC under the deity Erevan Ilesere, but I only have the 3.0 version. I know that there is a 3.5 version somewhere. Can anyone PLEASE give me the updated Temple Raider??!!! 3.5 only please.

It was updated in the Complete Divine, one of the 3.5 books I have not had a chance to get a copy of yet.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  03:15:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 3.5E Complete Divine and it has the Temple Raider PrC (thanx Hawkins) - it's about three fairly full pages. It looks written for Core (Greyhawk) stuff, so Olidammara instead of Erevan Ilesere, but that's no biggy.

Do you need it all CAV? The fluff, the crunch, the table, the sample character?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  03:47:55  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I have 3.5E Complete Divine and it has the Temple Raider PrC (thanx Hawkins) - it's about three fairly full pages. It looks written for Core (Greyhawk) stuff, so Olidammara instead of Erevan Ilesere, but that's no biggy.

Do you need it all CAV? The fluff, the crunch, the table, the sample character?

That would be wonderful Ayrik! I could honestly use that and just convert Oli to Erevan!!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  04:33:16  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  04:47:08  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages.

Freezes my computer. How about we just exchange what we would do differently. My 3ED version just seems to lack something. Spells are good, sneak attack is good, but it just doesn't SAY Temple Raider to me. How can we turn it into a less generic master of temple chrashing??
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  05:36:02  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've re-sent the attachment without using that ridiculous broken new laggy Microsoft SkyDrive idiocy; I couldn't even access the SkyDrive document on the same computer I sent it from without crashing the IE browser, way to go Microsoft.

Reworking this Prestige Class is not really my thing ... I never got into the 3E craze of designing different PrCs and feats for each day of the week, I reserve my creative efforts for classic stuff like new spells and monsters and ever-more-devious traps. My impression is the Temple Raider PrC is a rather obvious ripoff of Indiana Jones plus Lara Croft (sans bullwhip and pistol). I don't really expect it was substantially changed between 3.0E and 3.5E, but I don't actually have the 3.0E version for comparison. And you always have the option of ironing out any "missing" elements with the character (gasp!) allocating skill choices outside the PrC expectations; the usual tradeoff of unique character quirks and development vs maximizing and squeezing out every point of bonus power that can possibly be accumulated.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 31 Mar 2012 06:16:29
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  07:07:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've re-sent the attachment without using that ridiculous broken new laggy Microsoft SkyDrive idiocy; I couldn't even access the SkyDrive document on the same computer I sent it from without crashing the IE browser, way to go Microsoft.

Reworking this Prestige Class is not really my thing ... I never got into the 3E craze of designing different PrCs and feats for each day of the week, I reserve my creative efforts for classic stuff like new spells and monsters and ever-more-devious traps. My impression is the Temple Raider PrC is a rather obvious ripoff of Indiana Jones plus Lara Croft (sans bullwhip and pistol). I don't really expect it was substantially changed between 3.0E and 3.5E, but I don't actually have the 3.0E version for comparison. And you always have the option of ironing out any "missing" elements with the character (gasp!) allocating skill choices outside the PrC expectations; the usual tradeoff of unique character quirks and development vs maximizing and squeezing out every point of bonus power that can possibly be accumulated.

I think of a TR as a in and out kinda elf. With a small amount of erevan's divine spells to hinder and confuse, help escape or enter, not so much offensive in any manner. I guess I'm on my own, but thanks a ton anyway. You have me thinking.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000