Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Help with the Temple Raider PrC.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 02:32:23
In FR, I want to use this PrC under the deity Erevan Ilesere, but I only have the 3.0 version. I know that there is a 3.5 version somewhere. Can anyone PLEASE give me the updated Temple Raider??!!! 3.5 only please.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 31 Mar 2012 : 07:07:35
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I've re-sent the attachment without using that ridiculous broken new laggy Microsoft SkyDrive idiocy; I couldn't even access the SkyDrive document on the same computer I sent it from without crashing the IE browser, way to go Microsoft.

Reworking this Prestige Class is not really my thing ... I never got into the 3E craze of designing different PrCs and feats for each day of the week, I reserve my creative efforts for classic stuff like new spells and monsters and ever-more-devious traps. My impression is the Temple Raider PrC is a rather obvious ripoff of Indiana Jones plus Lara Croft (sans bullwhip and pistol). I don't really expect it was substantially changed between 3.0E and 3.5E, but I don't actually have the 3.0E version for comparison. And you always have the option of ironing out any "missing" elements with the character (gasp!) allocating skill choices outside the PrC expectations; the usual tradeoff of unique character quirks and development vs maximizing and squeezing out every point of bonus power that can possibly be accumulated.

I think of a TR as a in and out kinda elf. With a small amount of erevan's divine spells to hinder and confuse, help escape or enter, not so much offensive in any manner. I guess I'm on my own, but thanks a ton anyway. You have me thinking.
Ayrik Posted - 31 Mar 2012 : 05:36:02
I've re-sent the attachment without using that ridiculous broken new laggy Microsoft SkyDrive idiocy; I couldn't even access the SkyDrive document on the same computer I sent it from without crashing the IE browser, way to go Microsoft.

Reworking this Prestige Class is not really my thing ... I never got into the 3E craze of designing different PrCs and feats for each day of the week, I reserve my creative efforts for classic stuff like new spells and monsters and ever-more-devious traps. My impression is the Temple Raider PrC is a rather obvious ripoff of Indiana Jones plus Lara Croft (sans bullwhip and pistol). I don't really expect it was substantially changed between 3.0E and 3.5E, but I don't actually have the 3.0E version for comparison. And you always have the option of ironing out any "missing" elements with the character (gasp!) allocating skill choices outside the PrC expectations; the usual tradeoff of unique character quirks and development vs maximizing and squeezing out every point of bonus power that can possibly be accumulated.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 31 Mar 2012 : 04:47:08
quote:

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages.

Freezes my computer. How about we just exchange what we would do differently. My 3ED version just seems to lack something. Spells are good, sneak attack is good, but it just doesn't SAY Temple Raider to me. How can we turn it into a less generic master of temple chrashing??
Ayrik Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 04:33:16
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 03:47:55
quote:

I have 3.5E Complete Divine and it has the Temple Raider PrC (thanx Hawkins) - it's about three fairly full pages. It looks written for Core (Greyhawk) stuff, so Olidammara instead of Erevan Ilesere, but that's no biggy.

Do you need it all CAV? The fluff, the crunch, the table, the sample character?

That would be wonderful Ayrik! I could honestly use that and just convert Oli to Erevan!!
Ayrik Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 03:15:11
I have 3.5E Complete Divine and it has the Temple Raider PrC (thanx Hawkins) - it's about three fairly full pages. It looks written for Core (Greyhawk) stuff, so Olidammara instead of Erevan Ilesere, but that's no biggy.

Do you need it all CAV? The fluff, the crunch, the table, the sample character?
Hawkins Posted - 30 Mar 2012 : 02:45:13
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

In FR, I want to use this PrC under the deity Erevan Ilesere, but I only have the 3.0 version. I know that there is a 3.5 version somewhere. Can anyone PLEASE give me the updated Temple Raider??!!! 3.5 only please.

It was updated in the Complete Divine, one of the 3.5 books I have not had a chance to get a copy of yet.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000