Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 the Fellowship of the Forgotten Flower
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MistrOrnge
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  14:29:03  Show Profile  Visit MistrOrnge's Homepage Send MistrOrnge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone seen any further details about this Evereska group than its dedicated to gathering lost Elvish relics?
One of my players took this group and I was wondering if there was any further details including possible prestige classes.

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  17:58:04  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the 3E FRCS and PGtF there are some tidbits of information. Also there is the prestige class "Evereskan Tomb Gard" which would fit for that group in my opinion. If you find any more information, please send me a PM, since also one of my players pointed out that he is a member of that group :-)

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page

MistrOrnge
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  21:34:27  Show Profile  Visit MistrOrnge's Homepage Send MistrOrnge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had seen that prestige class it was a possibility.
Anyone seen any Rolemaster/Forgotten Realms stuff
Go to Top of Page

MistrOrnge
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  04:27:29  Show Profile  Visit MistrOrnge's Homepage Send MistrOrnge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Evereskan Tomb Guard really is only useful in a tomb. Most of his skills are based on him being in the tomb currently. Ended up using Knight Protector as he is a fully armored fighter type no spell casting.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  04:52:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MistrOrnge

The Evereskan Tomb Guard really is only useful in a tomb. Most of his skills are based on him being in the tomb currently. Ended up using Knight Protector as he is a fully armored fighter type no spell casting.

I personally thought that the Tomb Guard was of such limited use that calling it a PrC and putting it in a source book was a waste of space.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 29 Jan 2012 04:53:21
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  06:16:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I personally thought that the Tomb Guard was of such limited use that calling it a PrC and putting it in a source book was a waste of space.

I like concept, actually. The only "limiting" aspect of it, that I found, was the fact that they were wholly tied to just Evereska.

So I've essentially expanded that and made them Elven Tomb Guardians -- a Realms-wide fraternity of elven spellcasters/spellfighters dedicated to finding lost or forgotten elven tombs [especially crucial given the number of fallen and/or abandoned elven realms across not just Faerūn, but the rest of Toril, and any locales beyond], protecting those tombs that are known, and recovering any items stolen by tomb robbers from those tombs currently under the aegis of the Tomb Guardians.

I've based the heads of the fraternity in both Evereska [dealing primarily with the Realms] and Evermeet [which oversees both the lands beyond Faerūn, and those found elsewhere in Realmspace. These Tomb Guardians are assigned special-use Ruathimaer primarily for interplanetary jaunts.]

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  17:33:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

I like concept, actually. The only "limiting" aspect of it, that I found, was the fact that they were wholly tied to just Evereska.

So I've essentially expanded that and made them Elven Tomb Guardians -- a Realms-wide fraternity of elven spellcasters/spellfighters dedicated to finding lost or forgotten elven tombs [especially crucial given the number of fallen and/or abandoned elven realms across not just Faerūn, but the rest of Toril, and any locales beyond], protecting those tombs that are known, and recovering any items stolen by tomb robbers from those tombs currently under the aegis of the Tomb Guardians.

I've based the heads of the fraternity in both Evereska [dealing primarily with the Realms] and Evermeet [which oversees both the lands beyond Faerūn, and those found elsewhere in Realmspace. These Tomb Guardians are assigned special-use Ruathimaer primarily for interplanetary jaunts.]

That works! And it's a great solution, too. A lot of the FR-specific PrCs were too tightly tied to one area or group, and solutions like this one make them far more playable.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  01:50:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

That works! And it's a great solution, too. A lot of the FR-specific PrCs were too tightly tied to one area or group, and solutions like this one make them far more playable.

It's really something I'd like to attempt for most of what we'd usually all deem as "limited" PrCs. But, as it is, I only start tweaking those types of classes if and when they come into my campaign. Like the Elven/Evereskan Tomb Guardian, for example.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 30 Jan 2012 01:52:48
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  04:41:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think, after awhile, they started doing with PrCs what they did with 'Kits' back in 2e - some of them were clearly meant to be pasted over NPCs (the Barber?)

Given how 3e worked - both PCs and NPCs using the same set of rules - that actually made sense, but it was WAY too much overhead for DMs, and forced players to pay for stuff that really should have been DM-only.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2012 :  11:10:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I think, after awhile, they started doing with PrCs what they did with 'Kits' back in 2e - some of them were clearly meant to be pasted over NPCs (the Barber?)

Given how 3e worked - both PCs and NPCs using the same set of rules - that actually made sense, but it was WAY too much overhead for DMs, and forced players to pay for stuff that really should have been DM-only.

Some PrCs could be used that way... But some of them would have worked just fine for PCs, with one minor tweak. There's one in Champions of Ruin, as I recall, that required an evil alignment -- but there's nothing evil about the PrC. Or the Justice of Weald and Woe, which was tied to the Eldreth Veluuthra, but which would work well for any elven settlement/land that wanted to keep encroachers at bay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000