Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Vergadain???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  13:20:40  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Dwarven god of thieves and rogues. Anybody?? I'm going to make a specialized Cleric PrC for this.

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  13:33:37  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try this link. Vergadain does indeed look after dwarven rogues, thugh his main focus is on trade and merchants.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  13:57:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice... now help me make a 3.5ED version of a cleric/rogue
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  16:15:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd take with his 2E specialty priest, and use that as a starting point or at least for inspiration.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  20:11:01  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may find this link helpful.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  01:41:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd take with his 2E specialty priest, and use that as a starting point or at least for inspiration.

That would be my reading as well. It's probably the easiest solution anyway.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  16:19:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never liked the idea of combining a trade-deity with thievery, especially for the dwarves. I know it's fitting (for humans), but still... it just rubs me the wrong way.

As for what I'd use, I 3rd Wooly's suggestion.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
510 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  01:53:46  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been working on such myself. Mostly fleshing out a few Spell-Like Abilities, namely what to substitute for the following, with my ideas in parentheses:
- Weighty Chest (Force Chest, maybe?)
- Frisky Chest (no idea)
- Wyvern Watch (Arcane Eye or Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound, perhaps?)
- Fool's Gold (no idea)
- Detect Enemies (no idea)
- Taunt (no idea)
- Know Customs (no idea)
- Detect Lie and Undetectable Lie (no ideas)

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 28 Jan 2012 03:57:32
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
510 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  00:42:47  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an additional note, the only 2nd Ed sourcebooks I have are the deity books, Cormanthor, and the core D&D Unearthed Arcana. The 2nd-3rd Ed conversion PDF also seems to give me issues, partially due to Adobe Reader not liking my computer, for some reason.

Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  01:17:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The version of Adobe Reader might be incompatible with the computer's operating system. Or, failing that, you might just need to update your version of Reader.

Could you provide me with the version number of the software and your current operating system?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 29 Jan 2012 01:18:11
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
510 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  03:04:32  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The version of Adobe Reader might be incompatible with the computer's operating system. Or, failing that, you might just need to update your version of Reader.

Could you provide me with the version number of the software and your current operating system?

Never mind. I forgot I have Foxit Reader on this computer.

Edit: At the same time, the only spell from the list I mentioned that I found a definitive remake of is "Detect Lie," which is now known as Discern Lies. I'm thinking I'll substitute "Undetectable Lie" with Suggestion, and that may probably work just as well. The other old spells I'm still struggling with.

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 29 Jan 2012 03:06:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000