Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Siamorphe's lifespan
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  20:11:58  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In Powers and Pantheons it is implied the deity Siamorphe is a hereditary one passing on the title to a new mortal once every period of time that isn't really specified. It is when the last Siamorphe dies from lack of worship, or do they rule for a particular period of time? (Such as the lifespan of a human)? Would the Siamorphe of 1485 potentially still be the same Siamorphe of 1385, or would it have to be a new incarnation?

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  21:10:55  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The divine essence of Siamorph passes on to the successor when that successor is dying, I'm not sure how or even when the successor is selected, only thing I know is that it has to be someone of noble birth and by preference an actual descendant of the current Siamorph.
If I have to take a guess, I'd say that a successor is decided at the same moment when someone becomes Siamorph, and any incarnation of Siamorph will therefore rarely rule for more than a human lifetime, it's also entirely possible that the selection is random and occurs when someone 'noble' enough to take on the divine essence, dies.

Edited by - Salacar on 17 Nov 2011 21:17:38
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2011 :  04:28:36  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you don't have any new information, got it.
Go to Top of Page

Salacar
Acolyte

Denmark
33 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2011 :  19:57:29  Show Profile Send Salacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not aside from answering your question about when the title is passed on, no.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000