Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Returning to the Realms (and Candlekeep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malarick
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  23:34:28  Show Profile Send Malarick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello Everyone,

I thought it would be best that I drop by here and (re)introduce myself!

Some of the old timers here will remember me from over on Worlds of D&D, and I popped on here from time to time too!

I recently attended Gencon Indy, and found myself being pulled back towards an old love of mine.....Forgotten Realms. It wasn't long (after chatting with RA Salavatore, amongst others) before I realised how much I missed the setting.

A lot has changed in my absence though (not this site though)concerning the world, and I fully intend to catch up! It is interesting, however, to see on here how much of the new stuff (4th Edition) is somewhat glossed over. I certainly intend to explore the changed face of Faerun, and will continue to read the new tales set there - and I hope there will be people here that are happy to talk about these stories, and the new edition of Forgotten Realms.

Look forward to seeing you all around!

Malarick

Edited by - Malarick on 15 Aug 2011 23:35:22

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  23:36:47  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  04:52:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  05:03:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you again, Malarick.

'Tis good to hear from you once more.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  09:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to the grandest of locations in the Realms!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Edited by - Joran Nobleheart on 29 Aug 2011 21:02:00
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  10:57:57  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome back, Malarick!

So it's been almost 6 years since your last visit?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  12:07:34  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to these forums Enjoy thy stay

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  16:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome back to Candlekeep, Malarick

Be sure to join in discussions of Realmslore, for much has happened over the past....er...94 years

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2011 :  20:43:24  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2011 :  03:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malarick

Hello Everyone,

I thought it would be best that I drop by here and (re)introduce myself!

Some of the old timers here will remember me from over on Worlds of D&D, and I popped on here from time to time too!

I recently attended Gencon Indy, and found myself being pulled back towards an old love of mine.....Forgotten Realms. It wasn't long (after chatting with RA Salavatore, amongst others) before I realised how much I missed the setting.

A lot has changed in my absence though (not this site though)concerning the world, and I fully intend to catch up! It is interesting, however, to see on here how much of the new stuff (4th Edition) is somewhat glossed over. I certainly intend to explore the changed face of Faerun, and will continue to read the new tales set there - and I hope there will be people here that are happy to talk about these stories, and the new edition of Forgotten Realms.

Look forward to seeing you all around!

Much has indeed, changed, but the best ways to catch up (in my humblest of opinions) is to read all of Ed's works. Aside from being from the master himself, they cover the key events of each period (setting/version) pretty well. I found it much more interesting than reading the handbooks (do they still call them that?) and, well, in true Keep fashion, if you look for an opinion on any given topic with a particular point of view, you're almost certain to find one.

Cheers,

-Azuth

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2011 :  21:14:28  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello again Mal, how's things?

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Malarick
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2014 :  19:45:22  Show Profile Send Malarick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Just dipping back in again. Curious to see how many old timers are still around

With the release of 5e, and The Realms pretty much the default setting now, I would imagine somewhere like here to pick up some traffic.

I'll tell you something Alaundo, you need to dust off the cobwebs and get this place updated

Looking forward to reading more of your comments and thoughts on 5e, and stuff in general.

Malarick
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2014 :  09:58:27  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back again?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2014 :  07:48:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Welcome back. Again.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2014 :  13:03:45  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back."

And now that I've gotten that earworm in the elder's ears...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 18 Jul 2014 13:04:15
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  18:17:22  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to drop back in Mal! Picked up the box set and waiting for the new rules to roll out so I can pick back up after a long (short for a dwarf though ) absence.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.

Edited by - hammer of Moradin on 29 Jul 2014 18:18:44
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  18:26:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Hammer!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000