Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 LFR Adventure Archive released to publc
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  22:40:15  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If you have any interest in seeing what is found in the Living Forgotten Realms adventures, WotC released a digest that you can download here -> http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/LFR_Archive.zip

These are considered canon as WotC had to review them for continuity and approval.

Edited by - Matt James on 06 Jan 2011 22:40:39

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  22:42:37  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should note that not all of the adventures were released in this archive, but it is still good to have for any Realms aficionado.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  23:45:11  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's excellent news! Thanks for the heads up, Matt.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  00:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wowza! Yes, thanka, Matt!

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  03:40:06  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  11:53:11  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt. As soon as I can access a computer that can access the wizards site I shall download these.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  20:28:53  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news...
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  20:54:51  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am baffled.

WotC makes a wise move in this new year, as these are all perfectly fine adventures to convert to whatever edition you are using. Now its on to the community to sift through them all to find the gems of lore we've all been desperate for.

Thanks, Matt. You rock!

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  21:59:15  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They should compile it in a hardcover book and supply hobby shop retailer with plenty of copies

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  23:55:53  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff! Thanks, Matt!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  18:23:41  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was about to miss this thread! Useful indeed, thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  18:42:30  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't had much of a chance for a read-through of the adventures yet. Have any of you discovered any surprises lore-wise in the adventures?
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  20:24:35  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know many of the adventures as I have been very active in the LFR community since it's inception. These adventures are the stories that will answer a good deal of questions. Many of them have some explanations on what has happened since the 100 year gap.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  11:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I know many of the adventures as I have been very active in the LFR community since it's inception. These adventures are the stories that will answer a good deal of questions. Many of them have some explanations on what has happened since the 100 year gap.

In that case, I will not tarry much longer and go and start reading them up now that I have them saved on USB.

Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  15:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reading the SPEC ones.

Useful information about Zenthil Keep. I discovered here of an alliance between phaerimms and Fzoul, that caused the open hostilities of the Netherese against the Keep. And about an artefact storing a backup of the shadow wave, still in the ruins.

Also, there are some useful informations about current events in Elturgard (which I'm using as an inspiration source for my current campaign), although not much about a description of the governing system or how was that the paladins comes to govern Elturgad is given.

Back to the Lore: not many answers are given about major events, but there are interesting clues for further (personal) development.

Last note: (Only about those SPEC advs I read) Do not like them too much as adventures (just a combat after another) but very very useful for ideas and plot.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  13:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Matt, just wondering if you know if there are any adventures missing in this. For example, the CORE ones, there is no CORE 2-4, 2-5, 2-7 or 2-9.
Any idea?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  14:02:47  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also was there another one released prior at some other point. CORE 1-9 is mentioned in one, thus 1-1 up to 1-8 as well isn't there. Or was that all only forthe RPGA events and never released to public?

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  13:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must say thanks again for this Matt. I will be using the Bane of Shadows trilogy in my home camapaign (titled Chronicles of Netheril) as they will tie in nicely (the PCs are currently tying up loose ends in Spellgard, getting rid of the Kobolds and initiating a rebuilding effort).
The three adventures in question for those who don't know are CORE 1-10 Dancing Shadows, CORE 1-12 Songs of the Heart and CORE 1-15 Where Dragons Die.

Other than the adventures presented in the FRCG, the Dungeon adventure Menace of the Icy Spire, Scepter Tower of Spellgard, and the three LFR adventures I mentioned, arethere any others that tie in with Loudwater, Netheril or the Fallen Lands or NPCs from those that I am missing that I could also link in with all this???

Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  07:04:56  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Useful information about Zenthil Keep. I discovered here of an alliance between phaerimms and Fzoul, that caused the open hostilities of the Netherese against the Keep. And about an artefact storing a backup of the shadow wave, still in the ruins.

Which specific adventures talk about that? I'm intrigued. An artifact that stores a miniature Shadow Weave to draw magic from, I assume?

I had an idea of introducing a similiar artifact for a campaign arc I am doing in my games, but the artifact was going to be a "Weave backup", an artifact produced to grant one the power to stabilize the Weave should it ever be damaged or destroyed, also used to draw magic from, as well (and ignore Mystra's power of the Weave altogether, for unscrupulous wizards seeking the ambition to do what they want with magic and ignore her regulations).
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  11:41:03  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Which specific adventures talk about that? I'm intrigued. An artifact that stores a miniature Shadow Weave to draw magic from, I assume?

I had an idea of introducing a similiar artifact for a campaign arc I am doing in my games, but the artifact was going to be a "Weave backup", an artifact produced to grant one the power to stabilize the Weave should it ever be damaged or destroyed, also used to draw magic from, as well (and ignore Mystra's power of the Weave altogether, for unscrupulous wizards seeking the ambition to do what they want with magic and ignore her regulations).

The adventures are: SPEC1-1 Shades of the Zhentarim and expecially the sequel SPEC1-2 Zhent’s Ancient Shadows.

I think that the lore inside the two (whether canon or not) is great!

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  12:35:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I must say thanks again for this Matt. I will be using the Bane of Shadows trilogy in my home camapaign (titled Chronicles of Netheril) as they will tie in nicely (the PCs are currently tying up loose ends in Spellgard, getting rid of the Kobolds and initiating a rebuilding effort).
The three adventures in question for those who don't know are CORE 1-10 Dancing Shadows, CORE 1-12 Songs of the Heart and CORE 1-15 Where Dragons Die.

Other than the adventures presented in the FRCG, the Dungeon adventure Menace of the Icy Spire, Scepter Tower of Spellgard, and the three LFR adventures I mentioned, arethere any others that tie in with Loudwater, Netheril or the Fallen Lands or NPCs from those that I am missing that I could also link in with all this???

Aside from the LFR adventures, I can't think of any other 4E ones out there.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  12:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I played through all these adventures as well, they make a great campaign.

Anyway, I think there was another adventure involving Netheril and a Spelljammer. I'll update my post as soon as I found out which adventure it is.

EDIT: I found it. CORE2-2 Rising of the Dark.

Edited by - Tyranthraxus on 30 Jan 2011 13:02:23
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  14:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus
Anyway, I think there was another adventure involving Netheril and a Spelljammer. I'll update my post as soon as I found out which adventure it is.

Ahh excellent. I will perhaps fit that in the latter stages of the campaign. Looks like it could work at a point I have in mind. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  17:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

Ahh excellent. I will perhaps fit that in the latter stages of the campaign. Looks like it could work at a point I have in mind. Thanks!

You're welcome. I wanted to run this adventure but my group split up before I had the chance. Let me know if it's any good.

BTW, does anyone know if WotC will offer the D&D Encounters adventures as free PDF's like LFR or Game Day adventures? I'm really interested in the first season Undermountain module.
Go to Top of Page

Jorin Embersmith
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  01:34:04  Show Profile Send Jorin Embersmith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish someone had warned me that it was blasted 4th edition before I told all my players about this!

Karavarus: I polymorph into a Hydra and let loose a bellowing roar! Is he intimidated?
Me: No, but the female hydra behind him certainly notices you...
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  12:24:00  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorin Embersmith

I wish someone had warned me that it was blasted 4th edition before I told all my players about this!

Holy crap enough with the edition bash (sorry, but that's how I take this post).

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  14:03:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Would it really be that hard to adapt to v3.5? I mean, most of the monsters convert pretty easily like Goblins, Kobolds, etc... OR you could just take the plot and what have you and just use monsters straight from the v3.5 MM. I've done this a lot with 3e adventures into 4e adventures with little trouble.

Or is it more of a stubborness and refusal to use or (gassp) possibly like anything FR-4E?

EDIT: What I just realized, and makes the above quote even funnier, is that the thread is titled LFR adventure archive.....wouldn't that make it 4E by default?

Edited by - Diffan on 01 Feb 2011 14:05:50
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  14:21:02  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DiffanEDIT: What I just realized, and makes the above quote even funnier, is that the thread is titled LFR adventure archive.....wouldn't that make it 4E by default?

Heh, thanks Diffan, you've made me see the light side of the post. The angry face is gone from my face.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  18:35:09  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Living Forgotten Realms is a 4th edition living campaign. I thought that much was obvious. If not, I apologize. Hopefully your players will forgive you for giving them free content and Realmslore circa 1479-1482 DR.

I tell ya, it's becoming hard to contribute anything here these days

For all others, the archive I linked is not all-inclusive. There are entire regions and areas that have not been included.
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  20:02:09  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know Jorin well enough to take this as trolling, tongue-in-cheek or serious.

So my default is to laugh. If you really have to work hard to dislike something, well that's just silly.

If it was for humor: cool, I can laugh along with it, for the reason above.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2011 :  12:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

quote:

Living Forgotten Realms is a 4th edition living campaign. I thought that much was obvious. If not, I apologize. Hopefully your players will forgive you for giving them free content and Realmslore circa 1479-1482 DR.

I tell ya, it's becoming hard to contribute anything here these days

For all others, the archive I linked is not all-inclusive. There are entire regions and areas that have not been included.

Worry not too much Matt, I have taken advantage of your benevolence and downloaded and even printed one of the adventures as I plan on running some.

As far as the stuff not included, feel free to share any and all via direct links with us as they do become available (since some of us don't have access to anything on the wizards site(s)).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000