Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Think Bob will eve have Drizzt return...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  01:53:36  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lolth on Billy and Mandy?! ROFLMAO!!! I want to watch that now. I got a good laugh out of an Order of the Stick comic that parodied Drizzt, too. And There was a great Nodwick one-page comic way back in an issue of Dragon that was hilarious. The group gets arrested by a drow Matron for destroying Lolth's citadel, and to get off the hook, they end up giving her access to another plane where resides a "person of interest". It ends up being Spider-Man, and she's chasing him around New York as a potential mate! That comic actually gave me the idea for my Drizzt/Spidey cross-over story a few years back. Proving your point, MT, that you can get great ideas from almost anything!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  02:52:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

In his defense, he DID try to stop writing Drizzt novels.

They threatened to have another author write a Drizzt novel, and knowing RAS as they obviously did, he relented and and started pumping them out again. They used the man's ego against him - talk about pushing the right buttons.

You're confusing some of the details, MT.

I don't know if Bob exactly tried to stop writing about Drizzt and the Companions after "The Dark Elf Trilogy", but he was certainly happy to try another group of characters with "The Cleric Quintet". Supposedly fan uproar caused TSR and Bob to pick up the Drizzt stories once again during the middle of all that, and thus was "Legacy of the Drow" born.

I've never heard that Bob was done with the tale at the end of the novel Siege of Darkness, either. Wulf was apparently dead, and Drizzt and Cat were leaving Mithral Hall for some maritime adventure, but I've never read that Bob tried to end it all, right there.

What I have heard is that TSR wanted Wulf to come back, and in addition, they wanted Bob to up his novel and short story count to boot. Drizzt's bestseller status and profits apparently were needed to bail them out of their financial troubles, and I guess they thought Wulf the barbarian was an important part of the formula for success.

Bob wasn't happy with this. He has said that he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with Wulf, or if the guy was even really dead, or just abducted. But Bob was really uncomfortable with TSR pressuring him to churn out more stories even faster than before. (If you don't like the Drizzt books that we have, today, just imagine if a disgruntled Bob had been forced to put one out every nine months, plus multiple short stories each year, or whatever.)

Then TSR went a step beyond merely threatening to bring in another author: they actually published a Drizzt short story by another author ("The Fires of Narbondel", in Realms of the Underdark, complete with Matron Malice serving tea and crumpets to a stinking goblin, and Zaknafein scaling and descending the pillar Narbondel twice {that's four trips} in the space of about 10-15 minutes, with time to spare to find an historical artifact); and had another author include a Drizzt chapter in a novel (Once Around the Realms, with an anachronistically morose Drizzt inexplicably out on some ship without any of his Companions where he just so happened to be present to save the impostor Volo from drowning). Neither was very good; the latter was even subsequently dubbed "Apocrypha" by WOTC, it was so bad. So when TSR threatened to contract one of those same authors to write a complete Drizzt novel (The Shores of Dusk), and even posted ads for it in the magazines, it clearly wasn't an idle threat.

And, actually, Bob didn't just start pumping out Drizzt novels again when TSR pulled all this. He wrote Passage to Dawn, which undid a bunch of stuff and stuck all the Companions back in Icewind Dale, completely the heck away from Mithral Hall and Silverymoon and everything else, effectively resetting the characters back to the beginning, and fulfilling his existing contract.

Then he started writing his non-Realms "DemonWars" series for DelRey.

Meanwhile, the game designers had a heyday writing about the goings-on with the Companions (namely Bruenor) during Bob's absence, completely ignoring/disregarding Passage to Dawn. So other people were still writing new "Drizzt" stories/lore/etc. behind the man's back.

It was only years later that WOTC took over from TSR and coaxed Bob (and Drizzt) back into the fold, with The Silent Blade. I guess you could say that he's been pumping them out since then.

But it was a headache reconciling where he'd left off with the Companions in Passage to Dawn and what all the game designers had done with the characters afterwards, as evidenced by past confusion over all the Silver Marches and Obould lore. (And I think I've just about got all that done, no thanks to anybody else around here at the 'Keep. )

There was more involved here than just ego, MT. There were strongarm tactics, facilitated interlopers, and disregard for the author's own personal vision for the characters.

I'm sure that's all Bob's and Drizzt's fault, though.

Wasn't there also a monetary dispute involved? As in, TSR wasn't paying out money owed to RAS?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  16:15:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never heard that.

It may have had something to do with his unwillingness to write another Drizzt book - perhaps he was holding out for more money (that they were obviously unwilling to pay - I got it from a good source that WotC pays way below 'scale'). I've never actually heard about a money dispute though, so its pure conjecture.

The way I've always heard it told (from both sides) is that they wanted more Drizzt, and RAS wanted to write about other things, so they signed a different author to write a Drizzt novel.

Which forced RAS to reconsider. Weather it was for noble reason (not wanting 'his' character ruined), monetary reasons, or ego is something we will probably never know. Most-likely it was some combination of all three.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Oct 2010 16:17:33
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  16:30:36  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bet is money and not wanting his character mucked up....

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2010 :  03:29:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad. I was misremembering what the Shores of Dusk author had said.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  02:44:15  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Actually, the short story in RotU was RAS.

No, I don't think so. "The Fires of Narbondel" is credited to Mark Anthony, who was the same guy who was contracted to write Shores of Dusk.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  02:59:54  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You sure? I could swear it was RAS- one of the only reasons i thought the book was the Zaknafein tale, and I've read it several times over the years, which I can't say of any of the other stories in that book. I've never even heard of the other one. Or the writer, either, for that matter. The style certainly sounded a lot like RAS.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  03:24:34  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that story was not written by RAS but by Mark Anthony. It seems to be relatively easy to imitate RAS's style though, just ask the fan fic authors.

Rants and reviews that interest no one may be found here.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  03:36:46  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. My mistake, then. Was still a good story though. And you're right, his style Is pretty easy to pick up and imitate, as I discovered when I wrote a Marvel x-over featuring Drizzt and Spidey. Sadly, all my stuff is currently buried in an upstairs storage in my dad's workshop. Which is why I've not been able to dig through it to verify certain things of late. I kept out very little of my FR stuff- just the ones I use frequently for my own research into various subjects for fics of my own.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  22:44:56  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've never even heard of the other one. Or the writer, either, for that matter. The style certainly sounded a lot like RAS.

Here is a <link> to a great article right here at the 'Keep in which Mark Anthony explains his side of the confusion over the short story "The Fires of Narbondel" and the book Shores of Dusk.

A blurb at the end from James Lowder denies that the situation had anything to do with compensation, but was a non-financial business disagreement.

I've asked Bob about it, and it's still a touchy issue for him. He's never mentioned money being the problem. But he did cite the work load.

I found an old "Atlas of Adventure" interview (c.2001) on the 'net, and it is very telling, methinks. Some key blurbs follow.

Re: the business dispute:
quote:
AoA: There was a huge rift between you and TSR, after a period of time. Would that be fair to say?

Salvatore: Yeah. We had a huge rift. I had creative differences with the new editor. We didn’t get along. When it came time for contract, I was going to sign for three more “Dark Elf” books, but they wanted paperbacks for a different series from me too. I didn’t have time to do them. I [didn’t] want to burn out. They said, “It’s all or nothing, take it or leave it. If you leave it, we will get someone else to write Dark Elf”. I said, “That’s your choice, I’m leaving it” [Contract]. I walked away from them, and it was a very bad time. It got very ugly… I didn’t agree creatively.

And re: the resurrection of Wulfgar:
quote:
AoA: But, then you brought him back. Can you explain why you brought him back. Was it because of the public outcry?

Salvatore: Well, that was part of it. My mail was split fifty-fifty quite honestly about that issue. I knew, that whatever I did, I was going to get beat up pretty good. There are two reasons why I brought him back. One, I felt bad that he had become a shallow character, because the book was supposed to have been about him. This “Dark Elf” kind of nudged in and pushed everybody out of the way. I really wanted to explore him more deeply, which I think I have done since I brought him back. The other reason that I brought him back, quite honestly… I knew that if I didn’t bring him back, someone [from TSR] was going to, and I didn’t want them to do it. So I did it, before they could. That’s the truth. I am glad I brought him back though.

And re: killing off characters (his own Realmsians, or otherwise), but then bringing them back:
quote:
AoA: Dead is dead.

Salvatore: Here is the thing. I contributed to this [disgruntlement about resurrections, with] Wulfgar, so I admit to it. I am also contributing to it with Drizzt with the on-going sagas where he should have been dead a hundred times. But, here he is, still kicking along. This is something that bothers me about Fantasy. I think it is dumbing down Fantasy. This idea that the heroes, are immortal. It’s like hands-off with the main character. If you deviate from that the readers get angry. Heroes die…and they should. Would anyone in our time know who Joan of Arc was, if she had not been burned at the stake? Probably not. The truth of it is, as a culture we don’t talk about death. As a culture we don’t understand death. As a culture, because of a crisis of faith, we don’t ask enough questions about it. I think that is changing. Fantasy should deal with the themes of heroism and sacrifice. Including, the ultimate sacrifice.

He acknowledged having contributed to the disgruntlement with his own writing, and yet, it still took him this long to actually kill off most of his main side characters. He went on to say how proud he was that he got to kill important people off right away in his non-Realms "DemonWars" series. So it sounds like he was attributing the decision to repeatedly fake the Realmsians' deaths, and then to bring them back, to TSR.

(Sorry, but the forum software is messing up the link to it for some reason: <www.atlasofadventure.com/interviews/RAS.asp>" target="_blank">http://web.archive.org/web/20010426083955/www.atlasofadventure.com/interviews/RAS.asp>

It's an old archived web page, so it's slow to load.)

For a review, first consider this Realms publishing history of the RAS-related works leading up to the timeframe concerned (does not include RAS's works for other publishers and worlds):
  • The Crystal Shard, RAS, TSR, JAN-1988.

• Streams of Silver, RAS, TSR, JAN-1989.

• Hall of Heroes, RAS et al, TSR, APR-1989.

• "The First Notch", RAS, Dragon 152, TSR, DEC-1989.

• The Bloodstone Lands, RAS, TSR, DEC-1989.

• The Halfling's Gem, RAS, TSR, JAN-1990.

• Homeland, RAS, TSR, SEP-1990.

• Exile, RAS, TSR, DEC-1990.

• Sojourn, RAS, TSR, MAY-1991.

• Canticle, RAS, TSR, OCT-1991.

• In Sylvan Shadows, RAS, TSR, APR-1992.

• Night Masks, RAS, TSR, AUG-1992.

• The Legacy, RAS, TSR, SEP-1992.

• Menzoberranzan [Boxed Set], "Book Two: The Houses" & "The House Do'Urden Retrospective", RAS et al, TSR, OCT-1992.

• "Dark Mirror", RAS, Realms of Valor, TSR, JAN-1993.

• The Fallen Fortress, RAS, TSR, JUN-1993.

• Starless Night, RAS, TSR, AUG-1993.

Now, of course Bob is no Ed, but that list would seem to prove that Bob was a pretty prolific writer from the very beginning. He was a workhorse!

And yet, the whip cracked for more. When he apparently faltered under the work load, that's when others were brought in:
  • The Chaos Curse, RAS, TSR, JUN-1994.

• Siege of Darkness, RAS, TSR, AUG-1994.

• "The Third Level", RAS, Realms of Infamy, TSR, DEC-1994.

• Once Around the Realms, Brian M. Thomsen, TSR, APR-1995.

• "Guenhwyvar", RAS, Realms of Magic, TSR, DEC-1995.

• "The Fires of Narbondel", Mark Anthony, Realms of the Underdark, TSR, APR-1996.

• Passage to Dawn, RAS, TSR, AUG-1996.

• The Shores of Dusk, Mark Anthony, TSR, Scheduled for AUG-1997/Cancelled.

It was around this time that TSR Hobbies folded up, and WOTC took over.

Bob was brought back in, and he picked up with the Companions where he'd left them off, in Icewind Dale:
  • The Silent Blade, RAS, WOTC, OCT-1998.

• The Accursed Tower, RAS et al, WOTC, FEB-1999.

• The Spine of the World, RAS, WOTC, SEP-1999.

• [snip Servant of the Shard & "WOTSQ" stuff]

• Sea of Swords, RAS, WOTC, OCT-2001.

And even then, with no less than five books that described the Companions as having moved back to Icewind Dale (PTD, TSB, TAT, TSOTW, & SOSw), the games department put out multiple books that never acknowledged this, instead effectively depicting Bruenor (and apparently everybody else) as having lived in Mithral Hall the whole time:
  • The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier, TSR, APR-1996.

• Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark, WOTC, NOV-1999.

• Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3E, WOTC, JUN-2001.

• Silver Marches, WOTC, JUL-2002.

(Although, SM did acknowledge that Bruenor had abdicated the throne to his forefather Gandalug for a time.)

In OCT-2002, The Thousand Orcs brought Bruenor & Co. from Icewind Dale back to the vicinity of Mithral Hall, merging the novel and lorebook storylines, but it was a bumpy, messy ride.

It is possible that WOTC included RAS's oversight and his name as part of the title to "War of the Spider Queen" in the early 2000s partially to avoid the same sort of miscommunication that occurred regarding the rise of the Silver Marches and King Obould.

And perhaps it is in part because of all that past bruhaha that WOTC decided to just let the man be when he decided to continue writing about Drizzt and all the usual friends in all the usual haunts, for so long, instead of branching out and exploring other people in other places--much to the chagrin of the bored critics.

Heck, in the mid-2000s, when Bob switched over to Entreri and Jarlaxle as the stars of the show with the "The Sellswords" mini-series, instead of Drizzt and Co., sales reportedly went down.

It wasn't long before he picked up the Drizzt Saga once again with the "Transitions" trilogy.

Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  23:35:47  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

And that wasn't a fake Volo - that was the real Volo trying to prove he was the real Volo,

Ah, yes, thanks for the reminder. I knew that!

quote:
and all the lore in that book (despite how truly bad it is) is reconcilable.

I disagree.

<WOTC's old timeline> officially dates Once Around the Realms in 1367 DR. The Drizzt chapter has Drizzt alone on a raft in the Sea of Swords rescuing Volo and then returning him to a dwarf-captained ship, with the drow all melancholy and somber.

But this would've been right in the middle of RAS's mini-series "Paths of Darkness", at which time Drizzt was living with Catti-brie, Bruenor, and Regis, back in Icewind Dale. In the interim time period between the two "POD" novels The Silent Blade (1365 DR) and Sea of Swords (1370-'71 DR), the Companions served as highwayman-hunters for the people of Ten-Towns. SOSw assures us that they had had nearly constant adventures performing this duty during the intervening years.

So why was Drizzt all alone on a ship without his Companions? That would make it awfully hard to hunt Icewind Dale highwaymen, wouldn't it?

If you recall, TSB ended with Drizzt effectively dying at the hands of a stoneskin-equipped Entreri. Jar healed Drizzt and explained it all away, but Cat watched Drizzt die, and the book says that Drizzt's death had affected her even more than Wulf's death had in The Legacy. So apparently, this event is what finally drove Cat and Drizzt together as a romantic couple, as seen in SOSw.

Now, since Drizzt was in love, then why was he sad in OATR? This was supposedly the happiest time of his life!

And since he had a girlfriend, then why was he away from her on a ship with a bunch of dudes?

In OATR, Drizzt acts sad that he can <never . . . go home>, and apparently he's talking about Menzo of all places!

But Drizzt certainly could go back to Menzo: he had just done so in Starless Night (1358 DR). After that debacle, he was happy not to go back--not sad!

And besides, in Passage to Dawn (1364 DR), Drizzt had come to the realization that Menzo had never even really been his "home" anyway; Icewind Dale had earned that title.

Why would Drizzt sadly think himself unable to return to his home (Icewind Dale) at that time, when he was living there with his girlfriend and best friend, and under contract to work there, and basically having the time of his life?

quote:
I still think he should have left Cadderly dead, but whatever.

Now, that's something we can both agree on. I didn't like the fact that Deneir made Cadderly go through the whole aging-to-death thing in the first place. It seems like a cruel thing for a loving god to do to a faithful believer. But whatever--it happened.

To undo the aging and reset the character just seemed cartoonish and silly.

Perhaps TSR wanted that, too, and not just Wulfgar's return?

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  04:04:48  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From reading TGK, I gathered that after his "sacrifice" Cadderly was given a "new life" by Deneir. A reward for his selfless service, as it were. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I've never quite gotten around to the Cleric books, so I don't know all the stuff that led UP TO his death, just the aftermath. But I think it's safe to say that Cadderly will remain where he is for a VERY long time- unless someone out there knows how to destroy an uber-powerful dracolich/artifact combo? I kinda doubt it. Bringing Cadderly back from that would just unleash that darned dracolich again, and no one wants that.

As for Drizzt dying, he came damed close to it when Ellifain used her ring to turn his attacks back on him. The only reason he didn't was that Cattie-Brie ignored his wishes to restore Ellifain instead, and she chose to give HIM the healing potion. Now THAT'S love. Guess it comes down to the old question of two people about to die, one a stranger the other a loved one- who do you save? And he never fully forgave himself for that whole disaster. Never mind that the elf had brought it on herself with her misguided desire for revenge.

The thing about Wulfgar's death is that his body had never been found, so he was not even confirmed to be dead to begin with! It's like in those soap operas- people "die" all the time, or at least disappear, and you always know they will come back a few episodes later after everyone thinks they are gone, and surprise the "killer" or whoever else would be utterly fubarred by their return. Bruenor was fortunate enought not to even be gon for an entire book, due to his hold on Icingdeath when Shimmergloom went down. (And why that worked with a SHADOW dragon has always baffled me...)

I'm still trying to figure out why Cattie-Brie decided to turn mage of all things. She's never shown any indication of an aptitude for magic up to then, so why would she have later? But aside from those minor annoyances, I've liked all but the last book (TGK). What made me the most angry, aside from killing off Cat, was that he went the slightly cheesy "they can't have kids because she broke her hip in that big battle" route. Wait- huh?! In a city with several high-level priests?! with Silverymoon and its magical capabilities just a few weeks ride away?! Surely SOMEONE would have the ability to fix that. And all she'd have to do was ask. It would have been much more interesting to have her running around Mithril Hall setting up a nursery and puking at all hours, if RAS wanted to set her aside for a while. But that's just my take.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ananta
Acolyte

Finland
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  03:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Ananta's Homepage Send Ananta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a huge fan of Drizzt. I love most of the books, but yeah, there are only so many "that sure was close to death, if only that feather hadn't dropped from that birds tail on that exact moment, I'd be dead" -situations one can have before it gets dull. And Drizzt is way past the limit.

It actually went so far that I wouldn't have been surprised if Catti-Brie would have ended up as Chosen of Mystra and Drizzt as Chosen of Mielikki, and both being given immortality, just so they could live happily ever after.

I, personally, would rather read about the life of Zaknafein or Jarlaxle, than Drizzt. Drizzt has already been sort of sucked dry... I suppose only way to make him seem interesting again is making him evil. Make him step into the dark side.

But I guess that would just be stupid, too, since we already had/have his evil counterpart, Artemis Entreri... D:

Edited by - Ananta on 27 Oct 2010 03:07:29
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  08:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
<snip>
It would have been much more interesting to have her running around Mithril Hall setting up a nursery and puking at all hours, if RAS wanted to set her aside for a while. But that's just my take.

Seconded. Making Cattie a mage makes no sense - but having her get pregnant would be better in this situation.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  17:43:00  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hee-hee! Aaaand it has the added bonus of giving RAS a "Next Gen" charater or three to play with!! I'd have loved to see what their kids would be like.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Ananta
Acolyte

Finland
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2010 :  20:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Ananta's Homepage Send Ananta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess RAS had Cattie die to make Drizzt's character more gloomy. Returning him to his struggle with good and evil.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000