Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Elminster reading order question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2010 :  00:23:13  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I picked up Elminster Must Die recently but I haven't read it yet. I was wondering what should I be sure to read before I read this one? I have so far read Elminster:Making of a Mage, Elminster in Myth Drannor, and I'm almost through The Temptation of Elminster. I will have to pick up Elminster's Daughter and Elminster in Hell though I am wondering if I should try to get them and read them first. I have read the Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy if those books have any bearing and I have Shandril's Saga but I haven't read it yet (and I'm wondering if they have any impact on Elminster Must Die). I also have (but haven't yet read) Cormyr: A Novel. Based on what I have read about the book here I assume at least some of those books are related and there are probably others I don't have or haven't listed that are also related. So, what should I try to get ahold of and read and what should I read of what I have before I read Elminster Must Die? Also, in what order should they be read? Any help would be appreciated.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest

Edited by - Tyrant on 12 Sep 2010 01:14:50

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2010 :  03:48:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

I picked up Elminster Must Die recently but I haven't read it yet. I was wondering what should I be sure to read before I read this one? I have so far read Elminster:Making of a Mage, Elminster in Myth Drannor, and I'm almost through The Temptation of Elminster. I will have to pick up Elminster's Daughter and Elminster in Hell though I am wondering if I should try to get them and read them first. I have read the Knights of Myth Drannor Trilogy if those books have any bearing and I have Shandril's Saga but I haven't read it yet (and I'm wondering if they have any impact on Elminster Must Die). I also have (but haven't yet read) Cormyr: A Novel. Based on what I have read about the book here I assume at least some of those books are related and there are probably others I don't have or haven't listed that are also related. So, what should I try to get ahold of and read and what should I read of what I have before I read Elminster Must Die? Also, in what order should they be read? Any help would be appreciated.

If you can get ahold of El in Hell and Elminsters daughter.....that would be enough for you to read and get the most out of El must die!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2010 :  20:12:13  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
If you can get ahold of El in Hell and Elminsters daughter.....that would be enough for you to read and get the most out of El must die!

Thanks for the insight. I will pick them up shortly.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000