Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Wood Elves near Western Heartland
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  22:53:22  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
where does the closest group of wood elves live to the Western heartland, expecially the westcoast? I have a new pc to add to my game on Friday who is wood elf & I'm trying to come up with here he'd be from. Thanks for any help.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  02:08:07  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well let me see, time matters (as in what year it is) however in the grand scheme of things the Elven parents could have separated from the clan/tribe and have set up housekeeping somewhere in the Western heartland. Maybe parents wanted to start a new clan, maybe they did not like current leadership, there can be many reason elves can leave the group.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  02:28:44  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well let me see, time matters (as in what year it is) however in the grand scheme of things the Elven parents could have separated from the clan/tribe and have set up housekeeping somewhere in the Western heartland. Maybe parents wanted to start a new clan, maybe they did not like current leadership, there can be many reason elves can leave the group.

sorry, I should have mentioned that 1370. So, what you are saying is there aren't any wood elf settlements in the area? From taking a quick look before I posted this, I couldn't find any. Thanks for the response.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  02:41:59  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, regionally speaking you're looking at the High Forest (southern regions of that would be awfully close to what you're looking for, if a couple hundred mile walk doesn't bother you or the player much). If not there, then The Wealdath (the forest inside Tethyr and along the central peninsula). Both of these have high concentrations of wood elves. If your character is okay with being a sailor, I would recommend the Wealdath, otherwise the High forest suits the idea better.

Short of that, perhaps it is a traveler from the great island of Evermeet, seeking to reclaim part of what was once lost to the elves.

There you have it, everything I can think of. Hope it helps.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  02:51:45  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shilmista is also a possibilty, though that small realm seems to largely be Moonelves.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  07:26:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Misty forest seems closest to Waterdeep - you can find info on the Elves there in the Daggerdale product.

There may be some even closer in Ardeep, but I'm not sure.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  13:55:16  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
High Forest, Wood of Sharp Teeth, Tethyr, Laughing Hollow (Near Ardeep), Misty Forest (Near High Moor), Shilmista Forest, Cold Wood, the reaching wood, and maybe even the Snakewood and definately some bands in the Neverwinter Wood, Any where around Silverymoon, does this help??????

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/

Edited by - Snowblood on 28 Jun 2010 14:11:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000