Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Secomber
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Archistratege
Acolyte

Denmark
10 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  19:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Archistratege's Homepage Send Archistratege a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail again Sages of the Keep,

You have aided me much in the past, and I hope you can do so again.

I am currently seeking information about Secomber anno 1373+ DR. Some months ago there existed a Secomber page called 'NightLive' on the web, but it appears that said page has now been removed. Though I managed to siphon much information before that happened, there are some parts that are still missing. I remember the page had a downloadable .zip file available for the public - detailing much of Secomber itself - and I would very much like to get my hands on that file, or on a reference to any place that contains the same information.

Is any of you able to aid me with this?

- Be kind, patient and compassionate when possible; It is always possible.

Edited by - Archistratege on 04 Apr 2010 19:59:33

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  21:55:31  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks like the page is still there, but all the download links (to fonts and the PDF about Secomber) are dead. I'm interested in this information too, if anyone else has it.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Archistratege
Acolyte

Denmark
10 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  00:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Archistratege's Homepage Send Archistratege a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would appear I have solved this problem myself. I contacted the administrator of NightLive, and he updated the site, returning some of the links to working state again. Among them a link to a .pdf file detailing the city of Secomber. The website itself still remains somewhat damaged, but I will notify the admin of this, and it may be repaired in the near future.

For those interested, this is a link to the Secomber .pdf file:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bluez/role%20playing%20games/secomber.pdf

And this is a link to the Secomber website itself:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bluez/role%20playing%20games/secomber%201.htm#top

A great thanks to the creator of that page - he certainly put a lot of effort into making Secomber become alive and very vibrant.

Edited by - Archistratege on 05 Apr 2010 00:04:05
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  00:21:03  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast, Archistratege? That's the main Secomber source.
Go to Top of Page

Archistratege
Acolyte

Denmark
10 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  01:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Archistratege's Homepage Send Archistratege a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, I do. However, Volo's guide focuses on the taverns of the Sword Coast, and while certainly interesting, it is not excatly what I am looking for.
Nightlive's page may not be official realmslore, but it is very well done, and details most of the town including NPCsand organisations of the city.
That being said, the busy adventurer can never have too many reviews of Faerun's taverns. It is an important thing, knowing where to best spend one's hard earned gold.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  01:41:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I *might* have that stuff saved somewhere in the TB cache for online Realms material. I'll have to look though, to be sure.

Additionally, see Ed's compiled replies also, via the "So Saith Ed" link in my signature below. The most detailed bits are in the '05 replies and they relate mostly to law and order in Secomber. Try a search in the file for "Secomber". You'll come to the relevant sections much more quickly.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  02:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very true about the focus of the Volo's Guides (too often missed, leading to overestimation of the sourcebook coverage of the Heartlands). My browser crashed when I tried to view that PDF, though.
Go to Top of Page

savedbygrace
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2015 :  05:32:20  Show Profile Send savedbygrace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,
Digging up the old again, if these realms can really get old that is. Anyhow, I am looking to see if anyone knows if Secomber has gotten any attention over the years to the point of expanding upon its limited information? If so, which novels or source books do I need to read, or rather, just post that info so I don't have to divert from my current task, please?
Also, What realms year was that release?
Any "official" maps from source books floating around?

Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2015 :  06:57:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's latest book "Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms" incorporates the law and order information on Secomber that featured in his 2005 thread. That's about all the recently published information.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000