Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dragon 309 / Dungeon 100 Incursion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  17:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone else tried placing this event in the Realms? I (as much as I love the city) was thinking about having the small kingdom initially invaded be Neverwinter and the main target being Luskan. I would be interested in finding out what others have done, and any tips or other ideas you might have.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  01:21:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never actually used the "Incursion" story-arc in the Realms. But as I recall, the DRAGON articles for the adventure path do have a section on using "Incursion" in Faerūn.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  18:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've never actually used the "Incursion" story-arc in the Realms. But as I recall, the DRAGON articles for the adventure path do have a section on using "Incursion" in Faerūn.
They do, I was just wondering what some of the other scribes had done. It looks like I may be on my own with the articles here.

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2009 :  03:38:57  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From my "hey this would be a way of doing it file" (I had run a condensed verision, the group dissipated).

Prior to going through the Tilverton implosion, and using a cross of Cormyrean/Sembian/Dalesmen with some Zhentarim working with the incursion forces as spies.

What I figured was that it would provide yet another power group, fighting the Shades. The shades, at the time, would be the biggest threat, given the power cap on the incursion forces. I figured the incursion could have started in the moonsea, and then started moving south towards Cormyr. I figured the "final battle" would be on Cormyrean soil, and, if successful, would prevent future battles of that scope. Faerun has had invaders from other planes before, and that would be fun.

The other location I put them is the Lapal League. This way, the only major magical opposition would be Halruaa directly to the South, or the Black Jungles. Either way, they would take over the League, the Tashalar, and maybe even Thindol, giving them quite a foothold. Then they'd start striking at the more "magical" societies, such as Samarach, then the Black Jungles (kill it with fire!), and moving east into Halruaa. This would create one "unified" penninsula, with adventurers starting from the west (starting at Fort Belurian) and sneaking across country to save the region. That, and Damara would not like such a group, let alone any "friendly" Thayans in the region.

There are my thoughts.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  02:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000