Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dragon 309 / Dungeon 100 Incursion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hawkins Posted - 06 Aug 2009 : 17:58:53
Has anyone else tried placing this event in the Realms? I (as much as I love the city) was thinking about having the small kingdom initially invaded be Neverwinter and the main target being Luskan. I would be interested in finding out what others have done, and any tips or other ideas you might have.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hawkins Posted - 10 Aug 2009 : 02:29:12
Thanks!
Darkmeer Posted - 08 Aug 2009 : 03:38:57
From my "hey this would be a way of doing it file" (I had run a condensed verision, the group dissipated).

Prior to going through the Tilverton implosion, and using a cross of Cormyrean/Sembian/Dalesmen with some Zhentarim working with the incursion forces as spies.

What I figured was that it would provide yet another power group, fighting the Shades. The shades, at the time, would be the biggest threat, given the power cap on the incursion forces. I figured the incursion could have started in the moonsea, and then started moving south towards Cormyr. I figured the "final battle" would be on Cormyrean soil, and, if successful, would prevent future battles of that scope. Faerun has had invaders from other planes before, and that would be fun.

The other location I put them is the Lapal League. This way, the only major magical opposition would be Halruaa directly to the South, or the Black Jungles. Either way, they would take over the League, the Tashalar, and maybe even Thindol, giving them quite a foothold. Then they'd start striking at the more "magical" societies, such as Samarach, then the Black Jungles (kill it with fire!), and moving east into Halruaa. This would create one "unified" penninsula, with adventurers starting from the west (starting at Fort Belurian) and sneaking across country to save the region. That, and Damara would not like such a group, let alone any "friendly" Thayans in the region.

There are my thoughts.

/d
Hawkins Posted - 07 Aug 2009 : 18:07:04
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've never actually used the "Incursion" story-arc in the Realms. But as I recall, the DRAGON articles for the adventure path do have a section on using "Incursion" in Faerūn.
They do, I was just wondering what some of the other scribes had done. It looks like I may be on my own with the articles here.
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2009 : 01:21:35
I've never actually used the "Incursion" story-arc in the Realms. But as I recall, the DRAGON articles for the adventure path do have a section on using "Incursion" in Faerūn.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000