Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeons & Deathclaws
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Five_X
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  23:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Five_X's Homepage Send Five_X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Worthy geeks everywhere, thou shalt moisten thine trousers with delight! I am officially working on a merger of the D&D 3.5e rules with the rules of Fallout 1 and 2. So far I have finished the "Playing the Game" section, which includes terminology, explanation of the gameplay, an example battle, and quick descriptions of some core things, like my modified SPECIAL ability system. I am working on the "Races and Classes" section right now.

What is yet to be done: The rest of the PHB, The DMG, and the MM.
Expect to see rangers dual wielding pistols, or Super Mutants with greatswords. Yes, I know, it sounds a bit odd, the thought of gnomes with assault rifles may make some cry, but I assure you all, it WILL be fun. I have a massive amount of work to do, but luckily I'm working with existing material. I should be updating every once in a while, so until then, just think of the possibilities.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2009 :  01:00:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I much preferred the other worthy game made by the same people, and with the same engine, I would assume - Arcanum.

Probably one of the most re-playable and enjoyable computer RPGs I have ever played, and the closest I ever felt to tabletop gaming. Not only do they have a train and a blimp, but they go-on to prove that gnomes are evil.

A masterpiece.

Anyway - I know Fallout I & II were done with the same attention to detail. I never made it through the first one, unfortunaely, but I am looking forward to your take on things. Its rare when you see a company design a computer game with roleplaying in mind, rather then eye-candy (probably one of the ugliest games I ever played... and yet I played through it 5 times - proof of how great Arcanum was).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 May 2009 01:01:25
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  21:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There already is a post-nuclear fantasy rpg. Gamma World. It had alot in common with Fallout and works fine with the Alternity rules.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  23:33:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played Aftermath - much better designed and I still use a lot of the charts from that game all these years later (best hit-location system I've ever seen).

And I should know... I helped playtest it.

Another FGU gem that was way ahead of it's time.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Jun 2009 23:34:15
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  03:00:11  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These hit-location rules sound intriguing... I'll have to keep an eye out for the game's availability online. Like I can afford to spend any more money, with what I've been dropping at nobleknight.com and paizo.com lately...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  22:44:57  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So no one likes Fallout 3 and the expantions?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2009 :  01:01:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

There already is a post-nuclear fantasy rpg. Gamma World. It had alot in common with Fallout and works fine with the Alternity rules.

There is also a Fallout pen & paper RPG as well. It's an interesting but simple game, with plenty of creative options for characters. Much like the original CRPGs.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Amarel Derakanor
Seeker

97 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  10:00:56  Show Profile Send Amarel Derakanor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

So no one likes Fallout 3 and the expantions?

Not me, anyway. I don't think Fallout 3 fares well when compared to Fallout 2 and Fallout 1.

They don't make games like that anymore. All about looks now. Looks, and no content.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000