Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Love Lives: Drizzt & Cattie-Brie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SeeDiGi
Acolyte

Bermuda
34 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  04:12:35  Show Profile  Visit SeeDiGi's Homepage Send SeeDiGi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Drizzt/Cattie Brie romance is creepy. Maybe not mentally but hes a lot older physically than she is. And he kind of was like an older brother or cousin to her for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  05:11:22  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well considering that Drizzt is only 150 or so which is roughly a quarter of his life span that would put what roughly @ 25-30 in human years? And Cattie-brie is closer to 40 now (3.5e) i would have to say that it is her being the cougar here.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  09:31:05  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeeDiGi

I think the Drizzt/Cattie Brie romance is creepy. Maybe not mentally but hes a lot older physically than she is. And he kind of was like an older brother or cousin to her for a long time.

Why? Its not that difficult to have a relationship with age difference. Neither to get intimate with friends. I should know. The question of future mortality would probably be a bigger worry.

Then again, I don't follow the Drizzt series, so I have little to go on when it comes to this particular case.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  09:49:13  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i just hope to god cb dosent make it to 4e.that would be such a cop out on the part of wotc.4e should be like a year zero for drizzt.new friends new enemies etc.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  21:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens
Why? Its not that difficult to have a relationship with age difference. Neither to get intimate with friends.

Seconded, on both counts. I don't think either issue is "a big deal" at all.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

SeeDiGi
Acolyte

Bermuda
34 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2009 :  23:10:38  Show Profile  Visit SeeDiGi's Homepage Send SeeDiGi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:

Why? Its not that difficult to have a relationship with age difference. Neither to get intimate with friends. I should know. The question of future mortality would probably be a bigger worry.

----

His age that's something else. Me personally I think that it's a little weird to date anyone who isn't your age or a year older/younger, but my town does have a lot of people so maybe that why. Drizzt always seemed like her uncle more than a friend. That is the weird part.

Edited by - SeeDiGi on 13 Apr 2009 23:10:59
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  08:24:00  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

Well considering that Drizzt is only 150 or so which is roughly a quarter of his life span that would put what roughly @ 25-30 in human years? And Cattie-brie is closer to 40 now (3.5e) i would have to say that it is her being the cougar here.

Minor quibble: by my personal calculations, Drizzt was probably born in 1298 DR, and The Pirate King ended in early 1377 DR. That would make him roughly 79 years old.

Cat appears to have been born in late summer of 1334 DR, which would make her 42 years old in TPK. There have been conflicting age clues for her which would indicate slightly younger ages for her, but the earliest and greatest number of consistent age clues support this age. At any rate, yeah, she's the cougar here.

quote:

By my calculations, Drizzt came to Icewind Dale and met young Cat in late 1345 DR (Sojourn). In The Halfling's Gem, late 1356 DR, Cat hints to Drizzt that there might have been a relationship between the two if he had just paid closer attention before Wulfgar worked his mojo. So Drizzt only had the "big brother" vibe in Cat's eyes for less than 11 years. There's been chemistry between them for much longer than that, since then.

We don't really even know when Cat first started digging on the bescimitared one. But it's reasonable to speculate that she could've started thinking of him differently sometime during her early teen years (1347 onward), just before Wulfgar ever came along (late 1350 DR, in The Crystal Shard). He met her when she was aged 11 in 1345 DR, so Drizzt might've had the big bro vibe for only a couple of years in her eyes, for all we know.

It would've been creepy for them back when she was young. But it ain't creepy now...

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  11:50:36  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

His age that's something else. Me personally I think that it's a little weird to date anyone who isn't your age or a year older/younger, but my town does have a lot of people so maybe that why.

Well there's more than enough people around me also, but I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this subject. In my opinion its weird to let anything like that get in the way of feelings. If both are adults and both are into the idea, its the most natural thing in the world.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000