Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 mere of dead men
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2009 :  10:02:28  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok i was doing some research on the mere of dead men to plan for a eventual mini campaign but have not been able to get ahold of some key information. I know there was a series of 5 adventures for it in the dungeon magizines i have 3 of them but am missing issue 69 and 72 and was wondering if anyone had any of the advetures for that series or know where i can get it off the internet. And i was also wondering if anyone had worked up an expanded more detailed map of the area. If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2009 :  12:26:03  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can purchase the back issues from Paizo here:

http://paizo.com/store/brand/dungeon/issues/1999

http://paizo.com/store/brand/dungeon/issues/1998

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2009 :  18:03:21  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-General information about the Mere of Dead Men can be found in various other sources, and most of them are just little mentions. The ones with the most information in it are probably those DUNGEON magazines. DRAGON magazine has an article with some information on it in issue 258.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2009 :  23:25:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kysus, as it happens the adventure articles for the Mere in the five issues of DUNGEON [#69, 70, 71, 72 and 73] feature maps for the Mere in them. As I recall the maps actually become more detailed as the adventure progresses and more areas in the adventure are discovered. Issue #73 has the most complete and detailed map of the region.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  17:33:33  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
paizo was the first place i tried to obtain those articles but they are unavailable over there so im forced to try some other way of obtaining those adventures from those two issues.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  19:51:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kysus

paizo was the first place i tried to obtain those articles but they are unavailable over there so im forced to try some other way of obtaining those adventures from those two issues.

eBay is a great source for out-of-print material. So is NobleKnight.com.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  20:08:05  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look especially for copies of the Dragon Archive discs. They contain all Dragon magazines from issue #1 through #250. They are a bit hard to find, but well worth it. The REALLY nice part is that it the discs with viewer software to search and index the individual magazines files, which were in the then 'new' PDF format.

The only difficulty is that the archive goes for, on average, $200 on eBay.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  20:48:15  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second item on this page contains Dungeon #73 with 13 others. Closes in about twenty minutes though. :/

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=dungeon+magazine+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

--
Erskine Fincher
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  21:49:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Look especially for copies of the Dragon Archive discs. They contain all Dragon magazines from issue #1 through #250. They are a bit hard to find, but well worth it. The REALLY nice part is that it the discs with viewer software to search and index the individual magazines files, which were in the then 'new' PDF format.

Unfortunately, there isn't a similar resource for Dungeon.

I got the Archive (and the FR Interactive Atlas) from TSR's Mail Order Hobby Shop. And since they were dumping them when I got them, I got them for half of the original price!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  23:38:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

eBay is a great source for out-of-print material. So is NobleKnight.com.

And dragontrove.com as well. Sometimes.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2009 :  03:08:25  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I got the Archive (and the FR Interactive Atlas) from TSR's Mail Order Hobby Shop. And since they were dumping them when I got them, I got them for half of the original price!

That sounds like the same deal that I got!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2009 :  03:23:29  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

That sounds like the same deal that I got!

Unfortunately I'm stuck looking through my dad's old backup cd's, hoping to find some goodies like that.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2009 :  05:35:01  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ranger_of_the_unicorn_run

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe RavenheartThat sounds like the same deal that I got!

Unfortunately I'm stuck looking through my dad's old backup cd's, hoping to find some goodies like that.

Am I the only one that felt old reading this?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2009 :  05:52:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-I have one of the DUNGEON magazines in question. If you really, really, really want/need the maps in question, or the article in question, I can scan it/them.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  07:37:28  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ill try to see if i can find the issues on e-bay and see where that takes me first, maybe ill get lucky.
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  07:19:06  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No...

Mod Edit: Corrected "QUOTE" function.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Jan 2009 13:32:00
Go to Top of Page

Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  13:05:13  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

quote:

No...

Neither of you is that much older than me. I was just discovering D&D when a lot of the stuff you are talking about was published, so I hadn't had time to develop my rabid compulsion to collect anything FR. I mean, from the first time I read the FRCS, I knew it was my favorite campaign, I just wasn't aware of a lot of the stuff that was out there.

Mod Edit: Corrected the "QUOTE" function.

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Jan 2009 13:32:49
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  13:47:27  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Neither of you is that much older than me.

I am.

And yeah, it did.

--
Erskine Fincher
Go to Top of Page

Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  15:32:24  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErskineF

quote:

Neither of you is that much older than me.

I am.

And yeah, it did.

Hey, at least you're a few years younger than my dad.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  02:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought them all on eBay. If you're patient, you can find them.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000