Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 72

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  17:02:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Ok, I think I have one, though it's probably super easy. Which creature is only a shade of spell-slingers?

Refer you to wizshades, a Spelljammer critter that Ed seems fond of?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  11:12:31  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Ok, I think I have one, though it's probably super easy. Which creature is only a shade of spell-slingers?

Refer you to wizshades, a Spelljammer critter that Ed seems fond of?

Yes indeed!! Well played!!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  18:29:48  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the floor Wooly's one ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  18:58:01  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Is the floor Wooly's one ?

Yep, just waiting on him to post a question.

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  22:50:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad, I was waiting on the confirmation, and I didn't see it. And I've been out of town this weekend, too.

Back in a few hours with a question.

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2009 :  23:14:50  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My bad, I was waiting on the confirmation, and I didn't see it. And I've been out of town this weekend, too.

Back in a few hours with a question.

It's ok, my friend. Have a safe journey!!

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  03:03:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 1373, a prophecy was fulfilled, and an aspect of Talos attacked attacked Calimport. Who triggered this prophecy, leading to Talos's rampage?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  07:08:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, first hint, which will prolly give it away... The one I speak of is served by her daughter, who was formerly trapped in Undermountain.

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  07:42:10  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phwah! I know what it is, but I'm not going to get the spelling close enough without a book to look in.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  07:53:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In 1373, a prophecy was fulfilled, and an aspect of Talos attacked attacked Calimport. Who triggered this prophecy, leading to Talos's rampage?

Grin. You picked on Matt, so it's my turn. He double attacked Calimport? Man, Talos must have been really annoyed with Calimport then. Or maybe he had a stutter attack. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  14:11:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Grin. You picked on Matt, so it's my turn. He double attacked Calimport? Man, Talos must have been really annoyed with Calimport then. Or maybe he had a stutter attack. :)

Uh... What? The prophecy was fulfilled, and Talos attacked. I'm asking who caused the prophecy to be fulfilled, which led to that attack. I'm not seeing how you're reading it to mean there were two attacks...

Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  16:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done a little research, is it anything do with the dragon Iryklathagra, who caused the attack attack on calimport?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  18:23:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyr

Done a little research, is it anything do with the dragon Iryklathagra, who caused the attack attack on calimport?

You are correct! I was thinking that calling him Talos instead of Bhaelros would aim people the wrong way, but I guess not.

It's page 22 of Dragons of Faerûn.

And the next question is Tyr's.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  18:43:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Uh... What? The prophecy was fulfilled, and Talos attacked. I'm asking who caused the prophecy to be fulfilled, which led to that attack. I'm not seeing how you're reading it to mean there were two attacks...

Reread your post, my friend. You wrote, "An aspect of Talos attacked attacked Calimport."

So, I was being a smartarse that you wrote attacked twice. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 21 Apr 2009 18:43:52
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  19:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yikes, it was kinda more like a lucky guess lol, as my FR knowledge is somewhat lacking compared to the rest of the peeps on this board.

Anyway, here goes: Which Netherese arcanist currently survives in the modern realms as an undead elder brain?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  19:21:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the answer is Ioulum - that was TOO easy.

quote:
So, I was being a smartarse that you wrote attacked twice. :)

As you said, he was very, VERY angry.

I actually knew that on (one of the few I've known off-hand), because I'm a big fan of SS's Shoon lore.

Not that that's who the answer came from, but thats where Iky-whatshername came from AFAIK.

She's definately a big part of Swordcoast history.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Apr 2009 19:22:58
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  19:53:22  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well technically he did attack twice, he came in, attacked the dragon causing some collateral damage, then had a 'well i'm here anyway' and then decided to level parts of the city.

And you were correct, didn't see the answer snuck into your post lol.

Edited by - Tyr on 21 Apr 2009 21:53:16
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  21:41:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was waiting for a confirmation, but since I'm 99.9% sure that is correct, I'll give my question anyway -

Who "was once famous from the Sea of Fallen Stars to the Swordcoast for her bell-like singing voice"?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  08:21:45  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

As you said, he was very, VERY angry.

Isn't he always very angry? Or acting like it, at least.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  21:03:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you were 50+ feet long, covered with armor, had 3' long claws and a potent breath-weapon, and also possessed a keen intellect capable of wielding powerful magics, you'd pretty pissed-off too when a couple of tiny, fleshy pink things came along and started crap.

Especially when you are aware of hundreds of your kind dying by the hands of those impudent, insignificant creatures!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  17:38:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised no-one has gotten this yet. First, I'll repeat the question...

Who "was once famous from the Sea of Fallen Stars to the Swordcoast for her bell-like singing voice"?

And now a hint: She is also a leader of a certain city.

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  12:55:44  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll make a stab in the dark (all shadovar look out!) and guess on Cylyria Dragonbeast.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  15:50:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EXTREMELY close (you mispelled it).

What source was that quote taken from?

Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  17:18:07  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol, not giving it cos he forgot an extra r is a bit harsh.

Its Cylria Dragonbreast, ruler of Berdusk.

But no idea on the source, checked 3e FRCS, Volo's guide to the sword coast and forgotten realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  18:57:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll give it to him, of course, but I was really looking for the exact piece of lore, and not so much the name, but I suppose I didn't make that at all clear.

It's from pg. 44, Code of the Harpers.

And her name is indeed Cylyria Dragonbreast.

I don't think she'd take too kindly to being called a 'beast'.

The floor belongs to Kajehase.

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Apr 2009 18:57:55
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2009 :  20:14:08  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragonbreasts!

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2009 :  12:36:46  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And her name is indeed Cylyria Dragonbreast.

How come I can pick up every single typo made by other people but none of my own?

Erm... nothing to do with the realms, that one.

Who is the, so far, only named "talent scout" for the Moonstone Mask?

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2009 :  15:31:46  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No idea, only thing I can think of is the Soft Claws who recruit through the Mask, their talent scout is Zundaerazylym the laughing worm from Wyrms of the North
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  15:44:04  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're pn the right track, but it's not Zundaerazylym I'm thinking of (she only does the laundry and "temps" for masked ladies in need of a break). This person is of a decidedly lower power level.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  16:41:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, do I want to take this one or not...?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 72 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000