Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Imaskari Portal Lord
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

503 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  21:21:13  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This PrC seems like a very interesting idea. I know Ed Bonny posted it a few years back as a draft PrC that got cut from Lost Empires of Faerun.

What do people think of it, its balance? I'm hoping to use it for a PC but am concerned that with it still being in draft form.

Here is how I see each ability:

Warp Shield's 1/day use seems very stunted considering it is the PrC's main ability. It seems either the number of uses should go up as the the shield improves maybe reaching 3/day, still not going over the total number of rounds. Or just allow the user to use it when they please for a number of rounds.

Prolonged Artifice and Spatial Fluency seem to have such a small list of spells they can apply to. From what I can tell they make very little sense on most of them.

Reject Anchoring seems very very cool.

Dimensional Touch is just Arcane Reach.

Permanent Insight also feels limited to its list of spells one can use it with.

Command Portal seems very cool.

It seems it could be a very fun to play. If Warp Shield was tweaked a bit and the list of spells the special abilities is expanded to include Calling and/or Summoning. Maybe also adding abilities from Portal Drake (Underdark), Portal Jump lets the drake 4/day travel through a portal and exit out of another portal it has traveled.

What do others think?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  07:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur
Maybe also adding abilities from Portal Drake (Underdark), Portal Jump lets the drake 4/day travel through a portal and exit out of another portal it has traveled.

What do others think?

In my group's terminology, using a portal to exit at a non-connected portal is something we've termed "portal hijacking". And it seems very in-line with the Imaskari abilities.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

503 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  16:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*nods* Yeah I thought that as well.

I also thought creature summoning was very much in line with their practices also. Maybe not letting them return as a possibility too.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Edited by - Gelcur on 24 Mar 2008 16:02:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000