Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 3e green slime?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  00:15:28  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
can anyone direct me to recent versions of green slime and crystal ooze? i'm not seeing them in the monster manuals for some reason...

why anyone would keep all the other oozes and not these is beyond me. :P

thanks!

http://xaeyruudh.wordpress.com/

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  01:03:34  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3.5 SRD
quote:
Green Slime (CR 4)

This dungeon peril is a dangerous variety of normal slime. Green slime devours flesh and organic materials on contact and is even capable of dissolving metal. Bright green, wet, and sticky, it clings to walls, floors, and ceilings in patches, reproducing as it consumes organic matter. It drops from walls and ceilings when it detects movement (and possible food) below.

A single 5-foot square of green slime deals 1d6 points of Constitution damage per round while it devours flesh. On the first round of contact, the slime can be scraped off a creature (most likely destroying the scraping device), but after that it must be frozen, burned, or cut away (dealing damage to the victim as well). Anything that deals cold or fire damage, sunlight, or a remove disease spell destroys a patch of green slime. Against wood or metal, green slime deals 2d6 points of damage per round, ignoring metal’s hardness but not that of wood. It does not harm stone.

Under Slimes, Molds, And Fungi (or traps and hazzaeds or Dungeon Terrain). It might be in DMG instead of MM.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  01:30:48  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

3.5 SRD

thanks! i didn't even think to look at the SRD. green slime is on page 76 of the 3.5 DMG, along with yellow mold and brown mold... in case anyone else is curious.

http://xaeyruudh.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2008 :  12:55:32  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The crystal ooze has not been updated to 3.X by WotC, AFAIK, but the Tome of Horrors Revised by Necromancer Games has a 3.5e version (you can buy this as a PDF through RPGNow). A 3e version (probably by the same person who wrote the ToH version) is available here at the ENWorld Creature Catalog. (Advertisement: At the CC, our goal is to make sure every official D&D monster gets a 3.X version!)

My DnD Links and Creations
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000