Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Telthukiilir
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

radwizard
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  07:55:45  Show Profile Send radwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what properties this High Seeing Orb has. As far as I know of it was introduced in " Forsaken House" from the Last Mythal Series. From what I can gather I know that it can find it is an extremely powerful form of cyrstal ball, but as far as cannon powers I'm at a loss. Any help would be useful.

That Which does not kill us makes us stronger

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2008 :  11:55:53  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I know the telthukiilir has never been detailed fully in any sourcebook. It was first mentioned in Rich Bakers novel Forsaken House. However, reading the relevent pages of the book (p. 151-152) gives a quite decent picture of what the telthukiilir is capable of:

The telthukiilir is an extremely powerful version of a crystal ball. It it lit faintly from within, emanating emerald-colored light. By speaking a command word, the large orb can show the whereabouts of any individual. It is capable of scrying despite even powerful magical barriers, but its more powerful abilities drain some magic from the item itself, preventing multibale uses of it in short periods. After using it takes time for the telthukiilir to recover from this. Sarya Dlardrageth recovered a telthukiilir originating from Aryvandaar from the ruins of Nar Kerymhoarth.

As to what spell is behind this power: the only spell I know that does exactly what the telthukiilir enables the user to do is the 8th lvl wizard Spell: Discern Location

A discern location spell is among the most powerful means of locating creatures or objects. Nothing short of a mind blank spell or the direct intervention of a deity keeps you from learning the exact location of a single individual or object. Discern location circumvents normal means of protection from scrying or location. The spell reveals the name of the creature or object’s location (place, name, business name, building name, or the like), community, county (or similar political division), country, continent, and the plane of existence where the target lies.

To find a creature with the spell, you must have seen the creature or have some item that once belonged to it. To find an object, you must have touched it at least once.

There is no evidence given in the book that the telthukiilir has any other powers.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 02 Mar 2008 12:02:37
Go to Top of Page

radwizard
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2008 :  04:30:47  Show Profile Send radwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cool, well that helps even a little.

That Which does not kill us makes us stronger
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000