Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 problems in DnD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2003 :  17:44:56  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wanted to mean that a +2 in Dex gives u a +1 in Ref, +1 in every skill based on Dex -and there is a lot-, +1 ranged attack, +1 in AC...

So its totally unbalanced...

don't wanna be insistant, though.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2003 :  19:29:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh...I understand.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Yamo
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2003 :  16:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Yamo's Homepage Send Yamo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I just don't use Dungeons & Dragons for my Forgotten Realms games. I use HERO System instead. That solves all my D&D issues. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2003 :  16:36:27  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ofcourse no system is flawless...

Hero certainly has thier flaws, and ROLEMASTER is a great system but it has lots of flaws. One of the most flawless systems I have played is the OLD WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY. What a great simple system.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2003 :  07:16:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mournblade said -
quote:
One of the most flawless systems I have played is the OLD WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY. What a great simple system.

It certainly was one of the best, I'll agree. I just can't seem to find the same feeling with the current Warhammer system though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  17:08:12  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
true, totally true.

mmm... an other problem with some spells.
what do u think about Telekinesie
well, imagine u are a 10th level sorcerer catsing this spell, that means that u can push 250 pounds of weapons, a simple longsword weighting 4 pounds...
so u can throw 62 longswords to your opponent, if u have enough longswords of course .
well, just 62d8
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  17:15:53  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
now better, if u cast the spell self metamorph to be changed into a Firebolg (all ok, just a Large giant), then u cast some others spells, like haste, mage armor, shield, bull's strength, cat's grace and so on, and finally u end with the powerful Tenser's Transformation.
so u get a formidable machin of destruction with more than 42 in strenght (correct, no?)
well, its a bit too much, don't u think?
i mean, i used it when i played eilinel, but even the barbarain couldn't get so much strength than i had...
and yet, my little little Eilinel with her bloody 7 in strength...

i think its the biggest problem of DnD: the bigbillism
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  23:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question. There are lethal organs in every body, and in humanoids they are more obvious if someone says that he or she wants to attack to the enemy's heart, head, sword wielding arm, leg or with arrow eye or any specific part of the body that can kill man if thet person isnot healed by magic, What rules can be performed?
Another question. If someone knows fighting with word he learns to prevent his opponents sword with his. Well there is an expertise skill but with proper training like drizzt's he can easily prevent that attack.My question is how can I define the circemstances?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  22:28:32  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if i remember well, there are some rules about that in the warrior companion, the basic rules are:
a decent malus to the roll
a body part spot
and a diability then for the victim
or kind of.
but that means to be able to spot the bodypart, to wait and concentrate and have special rules for every circunstance...
well, i personaly think that we shouldn't play the bodyparts -too much complexity and not really in the DnD mind-
but instead, u could improve ur critical range by spotting a long time.
or add some damage, like maximizing the dice roll.
or i don't know!
any idea?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000