Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Total Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RaVeN1463
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  01:26:11  Show Profile  Visit RaVeN1463's Homepage Send RaVeN1463 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
anyone know where i can find maps of the realms?

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  01:45:17  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best place to get one is Kazaa, that's where I got mine. However, you could also buy the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms Setting manual.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  03:14:54  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i didn't care much for that map in the 3rd Ed FR campaign setting... tho i though i saw one (split up into like 4-6 maps) that was separated into a few dragon magazines that was to make a nice map... at least i think they did... i recall my bro showing them, i had thought Wizards put it on their site... but i can't find it now so i may be wrong...

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  04:37:10  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the FR Atlas is a very good source if you can get your hands on it. I got mine off Rad. If you ask him nicely maybe he's got more hiding up his sleeves or can direct you to one.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  04:39:37  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zacas, you are correct. Dragon magazine did have the maps of FR.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  14:32:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

The best place to get one is Kazaa, that's where I got mine. However, you could also buy the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms Setting manual.

I would suggest the purchasing of the 3e FRCS tome RaVeN1463. It is the much better (and more legal) alternative, plus nothing beats a map you can pin up on your wall...

DDH_101, it is not really appropriate to mention the name 'Kazaa' here...especially in reference to obtaining illegal products. Alaundo likes to keep these boards free of such 'legal' issues, so I would suggest that, unless you are referring to downloading free and legal information, please refrain from talking about it again...

Thank you...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  17:08:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I would suggest the purchasing of the 3e FRCS tome RaVeN1463. It is the much better (and more legal) alternative, plus nothing beats a map you can pin up on your wall...

::Bookwyrm gives a low, draconic growl at the reminder that he was cheated out of a nice map to hang on the wall of his lair . . . .::

I may get another copy, one where someone didn't steal the map away, just so I can have that to hang up . . .

What exactly are you looking for? It might be in some of the more unofficial maps in the Candlekeep Map Room.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  17:16:37  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, alrighty then. It won't happen again. Lol. But you are making me sound like I'm selling drugs or something...

"Psst! Want a map? (Looks around) Can't get it anywhere else!"

Go to Top of Page

zadiac
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  21:39:09  Show Profile  Visit zadiac's Homepage Send zadiac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some maps of the cities if thats what your looking for
http://www.angelfire.com/md2/Strongfist1/TVC.html
and ive got a world map in .pdf format
if you IM me ill send it to you
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  22:46:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

DDH_101, it is not really appropriate to mention the name 'Kazaa' here...especially in reference to obtaining illegal products. Alaundo likes to keep these boards free of such 'legal' issues, so I would suggest that, unless you are referring to downloading free and legal information, please refrain from talking about it again...

Thank you...

Well met

Indeed, youre quite correct, Sage and thank ye for pointing this out. Tomes of the Realms are highly valued as a source of knowledge, please treat them with respect

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  22:48:48  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol. Tilverton's map should be just one big giant black hole.

Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh geeze, the maps of the realms, there r sooo many, both physical and on computer. i have 7 around my computer not 2 mention the 1 on the wall above my computer (the entire map of Faerun from the 4 pull out quadrupal foldout posters from Dragon magazines) *stands back and looks at Faerun* ahh! what a beautiful place...wish i was there...

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  02:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my opinion, I have the 3e FRCS, and the pullout map at the end is the best, and most legit.
Plus, as Sage mentioned, you can pin it to your wall!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  03:04:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Sage, alrighty then. It won't happen again. Lol. But you are making me sound like I'm selling drugs or something...

"Psst! Want a map? (Looks around) Can't get it anywhere else!"

Sorry if I came over a little 'too-strong'.... It's just that I know how much Alaundo dislikes discussion of a 'Kazaa' nature...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  10:25:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry if I came over a little 'too-strong'.... It's just that I know how much Alaundo dislikes discussion of a 'Kazaa' nature...

Well met

Indeed you were quite right in pointing this out, Sage

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  16:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blasted lawful neutral moderators . . . .

Uh, I mean, nice, charming moderators. Quite charming indeed!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  20:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aye, gotta love those lawful good moderators right Bookwyrm? *nudge*say yes!*nudge*

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000