Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Campaign ideas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  17:45:28  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for campain ideas so my question to all you out there is:

what is the most unique(not most memorable neccesarily)campain (in the realms) that you have been involved in?

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

Edited by - Aravine on 19 Oct 2007 15:39:57

frapast1981
Acolyte

Italy
29 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  15:52:01  Show Profile  Visit frapast1981's Homepage Send frapast1981 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Aravine

it was a campaign settled in Daggerdale. It was settled soon after the liberation of Daggerdale by Randal Morn forces: there was some sort of civil war between Randal Morn and some zhent-loyalist in DaggerD.
It all begin when R.M. decide to liberate the Tethyamar Mines in the Desertomuth Mountains of the monsters that inhabited it. When the Zhentarim loyalist discovered this they informed the remnant of the original dwarven clan ruling tethyamar....and they involved many other dwarven clan and adventurer in their opposition to R.M. Project (in our campaign he was Chaotic Neutral). Bloodshed ensued and a new civil war began...with many opportunities for our band.
Intrigue and not the normal good vs evil campaign!

Hope to be of help
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2007 :  09:53:23  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once played the Reverse Dungeon - just liked the ides that the players were on the monster side. And I had a very good group where the players really brought in the feeling of the monsters. At least the first part (goblins) was a lot of fun, can’t remember very well the second and third part, maybe it wasn’t such a remarkable session

Here some promotion text:

Welcome to Reverse Dungeon, the adventure where everything is backward! Instead of playing bold heroes who venture into dens of evil, the players take the roles of the monsters, determined to stop adventurers from invading their homes. Instead of always being the good guys, the players get a chance to be the bad guys. Reverse Dungeon contains three linked minicampaigns in which the players represent: Goblins whose warrens are under siege from a band of heroes seeking fame and fortune; Guardian abominations whose vaults are attacked from several directions at once; and Ancient undead that must defend the silence of their tomb against crusading clerics intent on detroying them.
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2007 :  23:50:13  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been soooo long ago, but we played a campaign in which we started out locked in a dungeon and had to escape- no weapons or spell components to start with. That was unique for us. It really po'd those not running a rogue.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Edited by - Brynweir on 07 Dec 2007 23:51:01
Go to Top of Page

LordArcana
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2007 :  10:31:25  Show Profile  Visit LordArcana's Homepage Send LordArcana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best? Most enjoyable as i got what i wanted as a player (Monty Haul) i would say was a campaign that started off in Cormyr pre 1360...we traveled to sembia...hillsfar...westgate...then the long trek to waterdeep where we got killed somewhere (we think) near Berdusk. We decided to leave the trail to take a shortcut and our ranger died first. The rest of us starved to death or died from natural poisons. [not all roots and berries are good for you]

Best as in the most roleplaying and a complete feeling of being involved would have to be a homebrew campaign in the forgotten realms but history was slightly altered somewhere around the late 1200's. Sembia was taken over by the Zhentarim (actually a collective forces but the zhents were at the top). Cormyr was the big battle grounds as the new sembia tried to expand west. I remember i used diplomacy and intimidation (roleplaying excellent i must say...toot toot) to convince a rooving band of hill giants to assist us in blocking a massive caravan of supplies to the front lines of the shent forces. We all died shortly later because we forgot the point of working together...flanking? whats that?! NOT shooting into melee without cooperative shot!? Nothing like like getting a crit but hitting your comrades. Personally i was fond of getting enveloped by the cloaker and having the barbarian/druid charge, swift lion's charge, Hasted, rage, full power attack +8, with a Long Axe and doing around one hundred points of damage. Damned be me the humble wizard that had hasted him two rounds earlier...having taken damage already from the cloaker and the cloaker taking damage from my scorching ray.

Anyways....i stood up...turned my character sheet over and in my most bones like voice...

"He's dead Jim."

Corey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000