Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 How to Create a Character

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zero Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 02:43:05
Hi. I'm fairly new to gaming, and I'm trying to make a character to use in a campaign. I've read through the player's handbook... unfortunately, I've had little success in understanding it. The generic information Race, Class, Alignment... no problem. But how do you go about figuring up Armor Class, Initiative, Reflexes and the like? I would greatly appreciate any information and help anybody could give me. Thank in advance :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elrond Half Elven Posted - 24 Feb 2003 : 19:44:54
Hail Zero! Another 2nd Edition Player!!
I am currentally DMing a campaign that we have been playing for almost a year and a bit now, all the characters are now about level 4-5. Yesterday i introduced 2 people who have never played AD&D before to the game they seemed to love it.
If you still require help then feel free to email me (my email is in my profile).
Hanx
Elrond
Zero Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 23:15:14
Thanks for the help Frey :)

I do have the Hero Builder's Book, although I'm playing a second ed. game. My DM's as new as I am to the game, as we're all just a bunch of ppl who have decided to give AD&D a try for the first time... so I guess we'll just try and wade through our campaign until we get the hang of it. Thanks for the help though... the character sheet helps quite a bit, I think I can adapt it to 2nd ed. rules fairly easily.
zemd Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 20:04:53
I didn't get if you'll play at 2nd edition or 3rd.
If it's at 3rd, you should read Heroes' Builder Guide Book
Bookwyrm Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 19:24:29
quote:
Originally posted by Jalfrez

Ive been playing D&d for a long time and still cant figure out everthing you just said.

That's funny. I've never played or watched or anything. Yet it seemed clear to me . . . .
Jalfrez Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 18:43:48
Ive been playing D&d for a long time and still cant figure out everthing you just said.
Frey Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 09:10:13
I've had help in creating my first character and ... it helped. The PHB is quite clear, but there's so much to take in account...
If I had to tell more I'd have to tell much much more and there I probably would make a mistake or two, so I'd better not.
My advise is to build your character as far as you're able using the PHB and just play. Ask your DM for help when dice have to be roled. Or even better: ask your DM to discuss your character (in these aspects) before the game starts.

But I did found an excel-character-sheet which does a lot of the calculations for you. It was freeware on the internet somewhere (but I can't find where, so I mailed it to you privately).
It is 3E though.
Zero Posted - 23 Feb 2003 : 02:49:07
Oh, post script.

I'm planning on playing in a 2nd Ed. Kara-Tur campaign. Don't really know if that's necessary for character creation, but I thought I'd go ahead and volunteer it anyway.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000