Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Prestige Classes, Skills and Feats of the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 14 Sep 2004 : 10:22:54
Well met

I wish to collate a list of all Realms-specific Prestige Classes, Skills and Feats from official FR sources (Products, Dragon articles etc.) in order to provide a quick reference chart of where to find the information. i.e. Giving a list of each name, brief details and the source (e.g. FRCS page 123). This document would appear in the library proper as a useful resource for DM's and players of the Realms. When new products are released, we will update the document with the new PrC's etc.

Of course, I require the assistance of my fellow Candlekeep scribes herein. If ye would be willing to help out on this project then please contact me. Credit will be given, of course, for thy efforts.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 23:46:14
I sure can't wait for the next Candlekeep update now! With this fine collection of FR feats all in one place. This will be very handy indeed
Alaundo Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 17:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Just sent you mine too...
Roger Out.

Well met

Aye, received all fine and dandy, Purple Dragon Knight. Thank ye
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 16:31:27
Just sent you mine too...
Roger Out.
Alaundo Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 10:43:46
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

I sent it again Alaundo. This time to both and through a different account on my end.

Well met

Ahh, splendid, hammer of Moradin. I indeed received both copies, one to my desk and one in the general library in-shelf A marvelous scroll indeed, thank ye kindly, i'll get to work on this collation right away.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 09 Oct 2004 : 03:53:07
I sent it again Alaundo. This time to both and through a different account on my end.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 08 Oct 2004 : 18:41:02
Ok just making sure you didn't go through all that work just to delete it, that would be sad indeed.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 08 Oct 2004 : 17:43:40
No, Woody, I condensed the information, but when I looked at it again I decided there was still quite a bit that someone could look up if they wanted to know more, rather than reading my brief, sometimes confusing information.
I will try yet again tonight Alaundo. I think I may know what the problem is. I need to try a different method of delivery this time.
Alaundo Posted - 08 Oct 2004 : 09:04:56
Well met

Thank ye all, a fine collection this will be indeed

quote:

Finished deleting the extraneous material that I added. I will forward this to you now Alaundo.

Hmmm, still no scroll on my desk from ye, hammer of Moradin Did ye send it this morn? Mayhaps try this location as well.

Thank ye.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 08 Oct 2004 : 08:59:34
Please don't tell me you typed out the whole section that explains exactly what the feat does Hammer.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 08 Oct 2004 : 03:33:40
Finished deleting the extraneous material that I added. I will forward this to you now Alaundo.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 23:46:28
Starting of PGtoF/FRCS now... should be done by tomorrow.
Roger Out.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 21:48:02
I did a bit more work on the feats that I worked on, which will probably need to be drastically cut since they give away a bit too much.
The Wanderer Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 19:33:16
Is this list already available in a preliminary format or is it still under wraps?
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 18:52:30
As Arivia pointed out there actually are a few feats in Faiths and Pantheons. I thought I would just post them here so you could see the format I've been using as well.

Divine Might [Divine] - ability to turn or rebuke, Cha 13, Str 13, Power Attack - You can channel energy to increase your damage in combat. - F&P p.214

Divine Vengeance [Divine] - ability to turn, Extra Turning - You channel energy to do extra energy damage in combat against undead. - F&P p.214

Empower Turning [Special] - ability to turn or rebuke, Cha 13, Extra Turning - You can turn or rebuke more undead with a single turning attempt. - F&P p.214

Eschew Materials [Metamagic] - already been detailed, just add F&P p.214

Heighten Turning [Special] - Cha 13, Extra Turning - You can effect more powerful undead with your turning or rebuking attempts. - F&P p.214

Jack of All Trades [General] - ECL 8th - You've picked up a smattering of even the most obscure skills. - F&P p.214

Lycanthropic Spell [General] - Lycanthrope, Improved Control Shape or Control Shape 8 ranks - You can cast spells while in your lycanthropic animal form. - F&P p.214

Quicken Turning [Special] - ability to turn or rebuke, Cha 13, Extra Turning - You can turn or rebuke with a moment's thought. - F&P p.215

Reach Spell [Metamagic] - none - You can cast a touch spell without touching the recipient. - F&P p.215

Sacred Spell [Metamagic] - none - Your damaging spells are imbued with divine power. - F&P p.215

Superior Expertise [General] - Int 13, Expertise, bab +6 - You have mastered the art of defense in combat. - F&P p.215
hammer of Moradin Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 14:50:02
I will send it over again tonight. I put a description down for each feat. Change it as you see fit.
Alaundo Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 08:58:52
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Wood Elf: Magic of Faerun shows new applications of the Craft (Bookbinding), Craft (Calligraphy), Disable Device, Forgery, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Search, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device skills.

Alaundo: could you provide me with the format you require for the feats' list? Thank ye!

Well met

Hmmm, indeed this is not quite as straight forward, and as was pointed out, there is little information altogether for a feat that can be reproduced without causing all manner of problems. However, as I mentioned at the start of this project, these are merely cross-reference lists, so mayhaps just the title, the brief description and product source should be sufficient. That would be quite feasable to envisage whether or not the feat is useful for the character to look it up in the particular tome. Obviously, I will place a copyright notice with the scroll to ensure ownership is clear.

Thank ye.
Alaundo Posted - 07 Oct 2004 : 08:55:34
quote:

Feats in the tomes Underdark, Magic of Faerun, Serpent Kingdoms, and Faiths & Pantheons were covered by Wood Elf.
I sent you over the feats from Races of Faerun, Silver Marches, Unapproachable East, and Lords of Darkness. Did you get these Alaundo?
That leaves Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Players Guide to Faerun. Were you wanting to tackle both PDK? Quite a few in both, so if you need help I will work on one of these.
Or, I can begin working on the skills (are there any in the Realms books?) or Realms' DOMAINS!

Well met

Hmmmmmm, most odd, I don't have your scroll anywhere here, hammer of Moradin Could ye please try sending it over again. Thank ye.
Arivia Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 22:18:18
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Ok I've sent off the feats from MoF, SK, and Und to Alaundo. I was going to do F&P as well but well there aren't any feats in that tome! hehe

I hope the format is acceptable if not tell me what you want changed and I'll try to change it.

Yes, there are.

Look at page 214.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 21:06:16
That would be appreciated Hammer. As for the description of the feat, I'll give a general idea of what it does (flavor text) without yielding the exact feat itself (game effects). Doing the latter could put our fine Candlekeep site in jeopardy...
hammer of Moradin Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 19:53:16
More an exercise of condensing and rearranging. Many of the descriptions in the books are so brief that it is hard to change the words, but sometimes the descriptions get a bit wordy. Just the basics usually worked for me. Unfortunately the original doc is on Word at home, where I am not. If you still need it later let me know with a follow-up e-mail around 6ish central time and I will forward a copy of what I had to you.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 19:42:02
PGtoF updates the feats found in the FRCS, so this is essentially just one book. I'll get started Thursday at noon and should be done by Friday afternoon, provided someone sends me the format that is required here (I am assuming here that we are not directly transposing all the feats directly and that this is not simply an exercise in typewriting?)
hammer of Moradin Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 19:20:39
Are you going to tackle both of the remaining books PDK?
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 18:02:20
Wood Elf: Magic of Faerun shows new applications of the Craft (Bookbinding), Craft (Calligraphy), Disable Device, Forgery, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Search, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device skills.

Alaundo: could you provide me with the format you require for the feats' list? Thank ye!
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 17:01:29
I could be wrong but I don't think there are any FR specific Skills. Domains I believe were all updated in the PGtF already all in one easy to find spot, but you can always list those for those who do not have the tome.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 15:22:00
Feats in the tomes Underdark, Magic of Faerun, Serpent Kingdoms, and Faiths & Pantheons were covered by Wood Elf.
I sent you over the feats from Races of Faerun, Silver Marches, Unapproachable East, and Lords of Darkness. Did you get these Alaundo?
That leaves Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Players Guide to Faerun. Were you wanting to tackle both PDK? Quite a few in both, so if you need help I will work on one of these.
Or, I can begin working on the skills (are there any in the Realms books?) or Realms' DOMAINS!
Alaundo Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 08:53:01
quote:

It looks like the only two books not covered for the feats list were Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook and Players Guide to Faerun. Do you still need someone to work on these Alaundo?
Also, what is the status of the other projects? PDK submitted and you posted prestige classes, but what of the others?

Well met, indeed I do, hammer of Moradin. Purple Dragon Knight, please feel free to finish off that last two tomes.

To answer your other question, as far Skills go, nothing has yet been done on this . Wood Elf Ranger has submitted a number of feats from various sources (I don't have the scroll to hand at the moment to give you the exact sources, but I (or Wood Elf Ranger) will list them here later).

Thank ye all once again
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 04:28:25
Hey, like I said guys, I've got all the books, so if anyone needs help with anything, just tell me what to do and it will be completed within 24 hours.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 06 Oct 2004 : 02:20:42
It looks like the only two books not covered for the feats list were Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook and Players Guide to Faerun. Do you still need someone to work on these Alaundo?
Also, what is the status of the other projects? PDK submitted and you posted prestige classes, but what of the others?
hammer of Moradin Posted - 02 Oct 2004 : 17:26:13
I have Races of Faerun finished and I am working on Unapproachable East. I will add the few from Lords of Darkness in as well.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 28 Sep 2004 : 18:37:40
Ok I've sent off the feats from MoF, SK, and Und to Alaundo. I was going to do F&P as well but well there aren't any feats in that tome! hehe

I hope the format is acceptable if not tell me what you want changed and I'll try to change it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000