Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Race

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CorellonsDevout Posted - 24 Oct 2012 : 06:08:47
Here is where you can vote for your favorite race. I've lumped some of them together, and you can specify if you wish Some of the "lumping" might be stretching it (such as putting the tieflings with the demons/devils, but I didn't want to stretch the list too thin). There are a lot of races in the Realms, and this list is only brushing the surface. I was tempted to put Shadovar and genasi too, but there just isn't enough room. That's what the "other" option is for.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilianviaten Posted - 11 Jan 2014 : 02:10:59
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Kreen, shades, genasi, and (pre-4E) tieflings are all excellent, yet my ultimate choice would be the gith races. It‘s kinda close.

Dwarves, orcs, goblinoids, and even lowly kobolds can be a lot of fun, though.

I'm with you. There are lots of great choices, but the gith races are a whole level of awesome unto themselves. If you've read Kemp's Erevis Cale books, he upped the ante with a unique presentation of a gith.
Libelnon Posted - 09 Jan 2014 : 18:44:09
Gnomes for me. Something about that laid-back lifestyle and trickery just appeals to me.

Past that, Goblinkin (particularly Kobolds) or Half-Orcs appeal to me, since I love playing the lesser-known (or at least, less liked) races.
The Arcanamach Posted - 02 Dec 2013 : 22:57:38
I enjoy playing orcs too Asmo, but they fall behind (in order of my preference) half-elves, humans/elves (equal), and dwarves. Behind that I like orcs and halflings. I don't like gnomes meself. I largely consider them a type of dwarf in my homebrew.
Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 02 Dec 2013 : 21:09:30
I see I'm still the lone vote for orcs.

It's not easy being green.
Alruane Posted - 29 Nov 2013 : 07:44:49
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

I chose humans again, due to their versatility, but also like half-elves and I must admit I have a nack for the Gith races too.

humans are lucky to have such wide arrange of classes to choose from. But I like them to, as well as elves, half elves. And SOMETIMES gnomes.
Alruane Posted - 29 Nov 2013 : 07:43:19
quote:
Originally posted by KristalWamper

I vote for Goblinkin.
http://iloveno1.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_67_85

Good vote.
KristalWamper Posted - 29 Nov 2013 : 05:47:49
I vote for Goblinkin.
http://iloveno1.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_67_85
skychrome Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 01:21:32
I chose humans again, due to their versatility, but also like half-elves and I must admit I have a nack for the Gith races too.
Ayrik Posted - 21 Nov 2013 : 23:04:11
Kreen, shades, genasi, and (pre-4E) tieflings are all excellent, yet my ultimate choice would be the gith races. It‘s kinda close.

Dwarves, orcs, goblinoids, and even lowly kobolds can be a lot of fun, though.
SirUrza Posted - 21 Nov 2013 : 16:11:43
I realize it's not really Realms, but after playing a drow priestess in a Pathfinder campaign, I've found a new like for the drow.
Barastir Posted - 21 Nov 2013 : 15:48:19
Although I really like playing demihumans - and I specially like playing the archetypes, like trickster illusionist gnomes, brave dwarf fighters and noble elven fighter/mages - and I've had a lot of fun playing some oddballs (like a strong and exotic barbarian lizardfolk), I think I like humans the most, even in 2e. Their cultural versatility is wonderful... As a DM, I can play everything, though!
Alruane Posted - 21 Nov 2013 : 09:55:05
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Okay, thanks guys

You're welcome, CorellonsDevout!
Alruane Posted - 21 Nov 2013 : 09:54:07
quote:
Originally posted by froglegg

Human.

Because they can do everything well.

Extra skill points, feats what's not to love?

John

The only real reason I hated them. haha
They could do EVERYTHING. While the elves and other races were rather limited to certain classes and such.
froglegg Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 23:56:58
Human.

Because they can do everything well.

Extra skill points, feats what's not to love?

John
CorellonsDevout Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 23:36:41
Okay, thanks guys
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 10:33:35
Although, I have other favorites as well. Drow being one of them, gnomes, dwarves, etc.
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 09:53:21
Thanks, Drustan.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 09:48:28
I agree with Alruane on this (even if I am one of the one's who was complaining), and the way you chose to set up this poll does make sense (at least, it does to me).
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 05:58:32
I personally think the grouping of the races for the polls limit of choices is brilliant. I knew what each one meant and what it included, so well done.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 03:36:01
I've noticed several people mentioned their fave race was not included, or categories like fey were too broad. Sorry, guys! There is a limited amount of how many options you include in a poll, and I didn't want the list to be long or "drawn too thin", if that makes sense.
Entromancer Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 01:12:48
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Other--Dragonborn. Next up would be genasi, then orcs.

Which dragonborn?

Whichever ones were in Byers' Chessenta-based Brotherhood novels.
Gyor Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 00:01:07
Wemics, Doppelgangers, Alu-Fiends.
The Arcanamach Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 23:39:16
I voted Other because Half-Elves weren't specifically mentioned (which I find rather curious, they could fall under human or fey, depending on your point of view).
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 17:19:55
This was extremely difficult for me (too many I like!), but I finally voted for the one I've loved for as long as I can remember; dragons. Although I must admit, my interest in all things fey has been increasing over the last couple of years. I was also tempted to vote for either humans (if all the various 'half' races are considered human) or 'other', for all the oddball races I like (gloamings, lizard folk, loxo, minotaurs, suarials, wemics, etc.).
Alruane Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 09:53:11
Definitely elves, I do favor them among all races the most.
Shemmy Posted - 10 Nov 2012 : 05:41:30
Tieflings aren't half anything. :P But they're the best.

Eladrin are close (the CG celestials, not the 4e mortal elf subrace).
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 09 Nov 2012 : 15:15:51
Hmm I want to vote for drow but don't want to vote for elves in genral
Markustay Posted - 09 Nov 2012 : 14:53:33
I never liked gnomes... until I read the Golarion Inner Sea Guide. Interesting take... very original.

I'd agree 4e's take on them is a lot less lackluster then previous editions. However, without the earlier edition class restrictions, I still think gnomes are way too redundant with halflings. Tolkien is great and all, but I think its time we all moved on. Orcs still aren't a core race, but we've had two races of 'wee folk' since the beginning. 4e was a good start - give some groups of halflings 'gnome stuff' and put the gnomish race in the monster manual. Thats another 4e decision I agree on.

The classic D&D gnome could become a dwarf/hin crossbreed. All the inventiveness and curiosity of a dwarf without the common sense. We can even call them Kender.
Old Man Harpell Posted - 09 Nov 2012 : 14:26:26
quote:
Originally posted by Varl

Gnomes. You all will eventually kneel down to your gnomish underlords.

I dunno about that, but I do like the way gnomes were presented in 4th Edition - much more fey ('elven'?) in appearance and not the big-nosed absent-minded clods, or the type that teeter out on the front lawn in the wind and are named 'David' (I immensely dislike the way gnomes are portrayed in the Everquest games).

That said, I voted elves. Fey'ri count as half-elves, in my book (as they are exactly that), and for interesting cultures and social interaction, you simply cannot top a drow.

- OMH
Thauranil Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 12:33:55
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

Swarm you like ants, and kill you from the inside!
Hah! Humans are bright! They'd bring insect spray!

But with dwarves' resistance to magic (and poisons?), you'd just end up with them continuing with their efforts all the way inside of you, and if the poison ever did take effect, you'd have a bunch of dying poisoned mini-dwarves (ha! what a term!) inside of you. You'd probably end up poisoning yourself!

It would still cost you hundreds of drawves to take down on human and last I checked there were a lot more of us in the first place.
MUHAHAHA

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000