Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Thunder Twins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ranak Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 02:16:09
Has the concept of Thunder Twin dwarves been explored in any Realms novels or short stories?

I think this would be an interesting topic and would make for some very good fiction. It was mentioned in 3E but it seems like nothing was ever done with this.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 24 Mar 2011 : 10:54:30
I had a player play 2 characters (they were only 3 Players so he played two character) and they were Thunder Twin Dwarves very fun stuff
ChieftainTwilight Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 04:51:11
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by ChieftainTwilight

I remember seeing a Prestige Class that had to do with gaining benefits in the presence of your Thunder Twin, but it was just in an article on a website. I can't remember if it was in Wizards.com or if it were just a homebrew.

You might be thinking of the Thunder Twin feat in the 3e FRCS [pg. 38].

nope, I clearly remember Thunder Twin being a prerquisite to this feat.

I'm betting it was just a homebrew I stumbled across, but I do recall a prestige class which increased a character's capabilities through bonuses and resistances based on being around their Thunder Twin or aiding their Thunder Twin (attacking the same enemy, using the same skill, etcetera). also, at higher levels, it gave the character the ability to communicate telepathically with their Thunder Twin, and to teleport to their Thunder Twin's location.
The Sage Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 04:08:17
quote:
Originally posted by ChieftainTwilight

I remember seeing a Prestige Class that had to do with gaining benefits in the presence of your Thunder Twin, but it was just in an article on a website. I can't remember if it was in Wizards.com or if it were just a homebrew.

You might be thinking of the Thunder Twin feat in the 3e FRCS [pg. 38].
ChieftainTwilight Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 03:44:27
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 16:53:15
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

Wasn't there a Thunder Twin feat in the Player's Guide to Faerūn...? Hrm....

Correct.
Ranak Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 13:47:36
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Don't they just click their rings together and say "Thunder-Twin powers ACTIVATE!"

Can't believe you beat me to that pun, its occurred to me too!

Are there any Thunder Twin feats or prestige classes?

I think I just might play a dwarf in my upcoming game, perhaps a pair of dwarves. I think Thunder Twins almost lend themselves toward troupe style play.

ChieftainTwilight Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 11:08:05
I'd like the idea of Dwarves being fond of jewelry, as an exception to their otherwise egallitarian way of life. they certainly seem to enjoy treasure and fine craftmanship, so it wouldn't strike me that they'd not flaunt their wealth.

hell, if you've earned it yourself you can show off whatever the hell yu lik, aye? XD

that said, lemme also say that I have a particular pair of Dwarven Characters who are Thunder Twins. it started off as just one Dwarven Cleric, but I had retooled him and reintroduced him as a Thunder Twin. then, I created his sister, Helga. Helga Hammershield is a female Dwarf Fighter. whereas Horgar is jolly and friendly, Helga is stern and driven.
Ayrik Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 05:50:47
Outnumbered and surrounded by heroes, grumblemumblegrogmwraarr ...
Elfinblade Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 05:38:59
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Don't they just click their rings together and say "Thunder-Twin powers ACTIVATE!"

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 05:28:08
MT- GOOD one!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Ayrik Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 03:56:34
Rings??? Manly dwarves don't wear jewellery! And yer "activation ritual" reeks of magic, Markus.

Dwarves clash their axes (or drinking steins) together whilst they bellow and thunder incoherently ... and dwarves all look much the same to lesser races ... thus we have the name of this feat, of course.
Markustay Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 03:40:57
Ayrik Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 03:13:51
Dwarves aren't a fading race! They're just busy, that's all ... doing things that need to be done. Humans can be trusted to screw things up. Gnomes can be trusted to complicate things. Elves can't be trusted with anything at all. There's just too many things that only a properly stout and industrious dwarf can do right.

Aim low, death from below, there ain't no glory without kneecaps.
The Sage Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 03:11:02
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

I don't know if Thunder Twins (or the Thunder Blessing) was ever explored in the novels.
Not specifically, but the 3e FRCS [pg. 10] contains most of the more pertinent info.
Ranak Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 02:48:02
That is a shame because I thought it would make for some good dynamics in a story or novel. The concept is pretty unique, though I can see how not everyone would like it.

I like the idea of a Dwarven renaissance, that they are not a fading race.
Fellfire Posted - 22 Mar 2011 : 02:19:39
Thunder Twins and Dwarven Mages just never sit right with me. Not sure why.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000