Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 tricks and riddles in a dungeon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Draith Posted - 30 Jun 2003 : 02:16:17
I was wondering if anyone has any riddles or tricks I could use in a dungeon I'm going to be running. The dungeon is going to be the ruins of an old dwarvan city.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 18 Jun 2008 : 20:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

"Jam"? "Jam"? "Jam?!"

*sigh* I have always thought of myself as a bit of marmalade in the great menu of Life. Wisely did the poet say, "Wod that some Power the giftie gi'e us / To see oursel'es as others see us."

Excuse-me Jamallo.
I always use, as other Frenchies, diminutive nicknames to call friends, by taking the first syllable of their name.
Most of friends of mine call me Bouq' because it's the first syllable of my surname.
It's pronounced Book and phonetically means Goat !

Excuse-me. I did not want to be phonetically
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 18 Jun 2008 : 07:30:32
"Jam"? "Jam"? "Jam?!"

*sigh* I have always thought of myself as a bit of marmalade in the great menu of Life. Wisely did the poet say, "Wod that some Power the giftie gi'e us / To see oursel'es as others see us."

Fillow Posted - 15 Jun 2008 : 19:47:18
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

quote:

I STRONGLY recommend that people interested in riddles visit Cloud Kingdom,

Thanks for the great tip, Jamallo.
Afet

Indeed !
A great ideas spring.
Thanks Jam'
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 15 Jun 2008 : 18:33:44
quote:

I STRONGLY recommend that people interested in riddles visit Cloud Kingdom, a long-time [Dragon Magazine advertiser, which publishes several game-oriented books of riddles and riddle rooms (see the book samples for a couple of examples); they also have a new riddle each week, ranging from the somewhat easy to the devilshly difficult. Alas, I do not have any of their books, but I like what I have seen, and I think other DMs will, too.

Thanks for the great tip, Jamallo.
Afet
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 15 Jun 2008 : 15:21:58

I STRONGLY recommend that people interested in riddles visit Cloud Kingdom, a long-time [Dragon Magazine advertiser, which publishes several game-oriented books of riddles and riddle rooms (see the book samples for a couple of examples); they also have a new riddle each week, ranging from the somewhat easy to the devilshly difficult. Alas, I do not have any of their books, but I like what I have seen, and I think other DMs will, too.

Afetbinttuzani Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 16:19:18
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The file is actually stored on an older computer. When I get some free time, I'll try and dig it out of storage.

That would be great, thanks. This file of yours is clearly in hot demand.
Afet
The Sage Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 14:46:40
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:

Well istead of shouting: 'me too, me too, me too!!!' I kindly ask Alaundo to let all of us know when he puts the new update of the Candlekeep site up. Will u do that?!

I am still waiting for Alaundo's confirmation on this one!

No, truely, has this ever been added to the Candlekeep Collection?

quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Do you know if Al inserted it on the site ?
I searched for a short time without succeed in !

The answer to both of your questions is no. I don't think Alaundo ever received the updated file, so it's unlikely to be stored anywhere at Candlekeep.
Fillow Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 11:47:24
Do you know if Al inserted it on the site ?
I searched for a short time without succeed in !
Ergdusch Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 10:42:38
quote:

Well istead of shouting: 'me too, me too, me too!!!' I kindly ask Alaundo to let all of us know when he puts the new update of the Candlekeep site up. Will u do that?!

I am still waiting for Alaundo's confirmation on this one!

No, truely, has this ever been added to the Candlekeep Collection?
The Sage Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 07:31:05
The file is actually stored on an older computer. When I get some free time, I'll try and dig it out of storage.
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 14 Jun 2008 : 06:05:57
Well met.

Did anyone receive this file from Sage way back when? If so, would someone be willing to forward it to me at: <afetbinttuzani@hotmail.com>? Many thanks.
Afet
Reefy Posted - 06 Jan 2007 : 21:56:28
I wouldn't say no to a copy either, please Sage - reefpants(at)hotmail(dot)com. I'll just have to remember that Kaladorm has also had a look through...
shandiris Posted - 05 Jan 2007 : 09:45:42
It would be highly appreciated if i either get it on my e-mail adress or it is published on the site. Email is: shandiris@hotmail.com
Ergdusch Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 18:02:43
Well istead of shouting: 'me too, me too, me too!!!' I kindly ask Alaundo to let all of us know when he puts the new update of the candlekeep site up. Will u do that?!
Kuje Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 17:18:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje
Make that 3. :)

No, you don't need it.

Especially considering the time it took your players to figure out what a "wing" is...

But.... oh fine! (Whispers to Sage, send it anyways)

And grin on the wing.
Kajehase Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 16:00:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

No, you don't need it.

Especially considering the time it took your players to figure out what a "wing" is...
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 13:55:11
quote:

No, you don't need it.
Kaladorm Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 12:38:35
Yup my email address on here is correct.

As for the book of challenges, I found it had some good ideas in there, but unfortunately there were very few situations where I managed to find a puzzle that was of the appropriate CR and fit in with the scenario.
The Sage Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 11:25:17
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

I'm pretty sure I sent this file to Big Al for inclusion on the Candlekeep mainsite. I'll check.

If not... I'm assumging all your email addresses here are currently valid (well, I know Kuje's and Wooly's are)? What about you Kal?

Well met

It must be stuck in that same void as that map of Candlekeep, Sage Send it over when you manage to locate it and i'll be sure to get it included on the site.

'Tis sent.

Let me know whether you've received it okay, Big Al...
Victor_ograygor Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 09:53:00
Hey Draith i use this : D&D Riddels

http://www.dndadventure.com/html/riddles.html

What runs around a city
but never moves?

I have rivers without water,
Forests without trees,
Mountains without rocks
Towns without houses.

Iron roof, glass walls
Burns and burns
And never falls.
Alaundo Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 08:36:51
quote:

I'm pretty sure I sent this file to Big Al for inclusion on the Candlekeep mainsite. I'll check.

If not... I'm assumging all your email addresses here are currently valid (well, I know Kuje's and Wooly's are)? What about you Kal?

Well met

It must be stuck in that same void as that map of Candlekeep, Sage Send it over when you manage to locate it and i'll be sure to get it included on the site.
Sian Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 06:09:40
yeah Sage ... you really should throw it after Big Al ... i would as an exlample love to look in it as well ... sucks at making traps myslef (and at using them)
Lemernis Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 02:22:12
You could take a look at the Book of Challenges.
The Sage Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:34:00

Kuje Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:14:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I have a file, about 300kb in size, in RTF format, that details several very specific and well-constructed gnome designed traps, magic wall-puzzles, logic runes,and several other games. I semi-regularly drop these types of devices into my games just when the party thinks they have everything sorted out, and all their current problems are settled.

I can email it to you if you would like to have a look at it.

Hmmm... Have you still got this file, friend Sage? I should like to peruse it...

Same!

Kaladorm Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:12:47
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I have a file, about 300kb in size, in RTF format, that details several very specific and well-constructed gnome designed traps, magic wall-puzzles, logic runes,and several other games. I semi-regularly drop these types of devices into my games just when the party thinks they have everything sorted out, and all their current problems are settled.

Hmmm... Have you still got this file, friend Sage? I should like to peruse it...

Same!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:08:44
quote:

Rollo Ruttikin Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 23:38:26
In one of my campaigns, I had two devilish traps which I thought at the time were rather original.
On trap was a slot machine for greedy players. The player would pull the lever, I would roll some dice and gold would pour out. i did this til the 3rd pull when 3 skulls came up and the small 20 x 20 room locked and filled rapidly with copper pieces.
Another one was a cursed scroll that teleported PCs back to the dungeon where they found the scroll. Not only were they in the dungeon, but the were trapped in a suit of armor that was bolted to the floor. Maybe this helps?
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 Jul 2003 : 00:44:18
Take your time, Sage. There are, unfortunately, more important things than the Realms, and exams are one of them . . . .
The Sage Posted - 01 Jul 2003 : 12:03:52
I will try and email the file when I get home or I may have to leave it until Thursday as I have an exam tomorrow and I am trying to finish up my study. I am at the library, at the moment, so I will see how time goes.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000