Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Any Word On When The 3rd Fiend Codex Will Be Out?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bladedancer Posted - 26 May 2007 : 17:08:10
Title says it all
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MerrikCale Posted - 15 Jun 2007 : 04:24:08
Instead of a 3rd Codex, I would prefer a Book of Fey or a Book of Giants
Shemmy Posted - 31 May 2007 : 00:00:23
quote:
Originally posted by Bladedancer

Damn I have recently found Shemeska's Story Hours on the EN Boards(that is some fine writing he does by the way) and have been intrigued by the Yugoloths. So I was hoping they were going to make one for the them. Oh well eh?

Thank you :) Glad you've enjoyed them.

Who knows if there'll be a 3rd Fiend Codex. I've love for it to happen, but outside of some chatter on the 'loths over on Andy Collins's forum asking about opinions on them, and how folks would describe them, I haven't heard anything anywhere to hint that such is in the works.

It'd be difficult since the 'loths, while they've got as much material on them as the fiends of the Abyss and Baator, dominate a pair of planes, and contest for a third with the demodands(gehreleths). Would make for a long book certainly, and it would have to be focused on the fiends more-so than their planes in terms of content for it to remain cohesive.

I'm happy that I managed to work some tidbits on the 'loths into Dragon and Dungeon, but it seems likely that the 'loth article queries that myself (and others) had on Paizo's editors' desks over the past year or two years will probably vanish with the magazines unless WotC decides to pick any of those queries up with something on their online replacement. I'd be thrilled to write it of course, but I can only speculate on the chance of that.
initiate Posted - 30 May 2007 : 20:10:10

SirUrza Wrote:

I just hope they don't start doing elf and dwarf books.

I agree, but only so far as core material, such as Drow of the Underdark, is concerned. I would absolutely love to see a Dwarves of Faerun, or an Elves of Faerun, or alternatively tomes along the same lines with mor graceful titles.

A third Fiendish Codex concerning the yugaloths would be neat, but I agree that, at least so far as can be seen from recent and announced products, the creature specific line of books appears to have moved on.

Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 May 2007 : 12:50:42
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco
After seeing what they did to the Drow in the new Drow of the Underdark I have to concur.

Is it as bad as I feared? I shall go and read the relevant scroll I'd been avoiding any spoilers but mayhap it might be a good thing to see what fellow sages say and spend my coin wisely.
EytanBernstein Posted - 29 May 2007 : 22:35:36
It's certainly not impossible and I don't hear about everything in the works.
Bladedancer Posted - 29 May 2007 : 13:23:43
Damn I have recently found Shemeska's Story Hours on the EN Boards(that is some fine writing he does by the way) and have been intrigued by the Yugoloths. So I was hoping they were going to make one for the them. Oh well eh?
warlockco Posted - 27 May 2007 : 21:21:26
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Probably not right away.

I just hope they don't start doing Elf and Dwarf books. :)

After seeing what they did to the Drow in the new Drow of the Underdark I have to concur.
SirUrza Posted - 27 May 2007 : 19:20:55
Probably not right away.

I just hope they don't start doing Elf and Dwarf books. :)
warlockco Posted - 27 May 2007 : 15:05:58
So no love for Daemons?
EytanBernstein Posted - 27 May 2007 : 10:07:07
I haven't heard any talk of a 3rd FC.
The Sage Posted - 27 May 2007 : 01:22:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Didn't know that there was going to be a 3rd one.....

Indeed.

I remember Gray, myself, and a few other scribes talking about the possibility of a third Fiendish Codex when the first two books were originally mentioned [and how we hoped it would feature the yugoloths primarily], but I didn't think there was anything actually official about this. Especially so, since WotC's "racial books" have now moved on... publishing Drow of the Underdark for example.
Foxhelm Posted - 26 May 2007 : 21:10:04
It just might be that it is easier to make ones for Demons and Devils then for the Yugloths. Demons got the Abyss for a stronghold and The Nine Hells is a demon fortress, but the Yugloths are spread across two planes in the Wheel (it's a little easier in the Realms as they control the Blood Rift in the Tree).

Both of the previous Codexes had a base plane for these monsters to include with the new fiend element. Lands and homes for the different fiend lords, which is another problems as it has been showing in some 2 ed work that Night Hags held some power over the 'loths.

If the third book would be made, they would need to dive deeper into the lore of the 'loth and enhance it for use. That will take time to do. Still, it would be nice to have books for all of the major alignment paragons. Celestial Codex does sound nice as well.
Kuje Posted - 26 May 2007 : 17:15:04
Didn't know that there was going to be a 3rd one.....

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000