Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any interest in a group chat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DeBasilisk Posted - 26 Jan 2022 : 14:25:47
Just feeling the waters: would anyone be interested in joining a group chat to shoot the breeze about the realms? There is a somewhat new app called Clubhouse which is essentially jump-in voice chat rooms. I created a Forgotten Realms Fan Club room and would love to chat with some fellow FR enthusiasts!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Azar Posted - 31 Jan 2022 : 01:51:26
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:

I will pass.

Too much like talking on the phone, which I am quite reluctant to do under normal circumstances.

Did you switch to a primarily text-message based form of communication once it became feasible? If so, do people now lament your lack of actual phone calling?

Texting works for me.

I do get the occasional complaint from my parents... But my wife is socialable enough that she makes up for it. She's a people person, and people are the reason I'm not a people person!

My opinion on this technological advancement has zig-zagged a fair amount. While, yes, it was initially nice being able to send someone a text-based message that effectively bypassed a two to five minute phone call (a call that should have lasted thirty seconds, tops), I eventually became bothered by the degree to which people rely on that method to avoid conversations that do benefit from a more personal touch. Also, for a time, I was slightly irritated with folks that wanted to conduct business - actual commerce - solely via text; I would have to explain to them that I didn't feel comfortable making (local) deals without hearing someone's voice.
DeBasilisk Posted - 30 Jan 2022 : 18:04:55
Thanks for the reference to the Discord! If you see me there shoot me a line. I’ll change my nickname to the same Inhave here.
prototype00 Posted - 27 Jan 2022 : 04:07:23
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

There's a Forgotten Realms Discord, which is mainly a text chat platform but it does has a voice chat channel for those who want to use that function. I've recognized names from Candlekeep there as well as from other FR spaces. There's also a channel there for FR Wiki information, where questions about editing can be asked and the FR Wiki mods are there to answer.

https://discord.gg/NUdbqkG

Ah, neato. I’ll probably add that to my Discord list. Thanks so much.
sno4wy Posted - 27 Jan 2022 : 03:27:36
There's a Forgotten Realms Discord, which is mainly a text chat platform but it does has a voice chat channel for those who want to use that function. I've recognized names from Candlekeep there as well as from other FR spaces. There's also a channel there for FR Wiki information, where questions about editing can be asked and the FR Wiki mods are there to answer.

https://discord.gg/NUdbqkG
prototype00 Posted - 27 Jan 2022 : 02:50:45
Somewhat related perhaps, but does this Forum have a Discord?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jan 2022 : 02:48:59
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:

I will pass.

Too much like talking on the phone, which I am quite reluctant to do under normal circumstances.

Did you switch to a primarily text-message based form of communication once it became feasible? If so, do people now lament your lack of actual phone calling?

Texting works for me.

I do get the occasional complaint from my parents... But my wife is socialable enough that she makes up for it. She's a people person, and people are the reason I'm not a people person!
Azar Posted - 27 Jan 2022 : 02:32:13
quote:

I will pass.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jan 2022 : 15:51:33
I will pass.

Too much like talking on the phone, which I am quite reluctant to do under normal circumstances. It oft bugs my wife when she wants me to call someone -- like my parents -- and I'm exceedingly non-enthusiastic about it.

(Ironically, my job requires frequent phone calls... And I do quite well, there, but given the opportunity, I avoid the phone as much as possible. Luckily, my responsibilities give me some leeway, there.)
Azar Posted - 26 Jan 2022 : 14:33:50
Voice?

*sharp intake of breath*

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000