Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ed Greenwood books SIGNED!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Devon8822 Posted - 23 Nov 2007 : 02:08:45
Hey there, I have the set "A Band of Four" novels, by Ed Greenwood signed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what each one is individually worth? If anyone is interested, PM quick cus they are going on ebay.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bakra Posted - 30 Nov 2007 : 18:47:35
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

I think most writers realize that some of the books they sign will end up on Ebay. As a matter of fact, J.A. Konrath jokes about it at booksignings. ("Wanna buy a signed book? I can make it out to 'Ebay,' if you like....")

Athletes and actors charge for autographs, but I never heard of ANY writer doing so, no matter how popular. When J.K. Rowling visited the US recently, they had to limit the number of people who could attend her signings by a ticket lottery, but I don't recall there being any charge involved. Maybe that's because the value of sports memorabilia far exceeds that of signed books--with the rare exception of, say, a first edition, leather-bound, signed copy of <i>Alice Through The Looking Glass,</i> or something of that ilk.

When I worked at a certain nameless bookstore, the only charge they had was the cost of the new boo itself. It had to be purchsed there or at one of the branches.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 30 Nov 2007 : 18:29:53
I think most writers realize that some of the books they sign will end up on Ebay. As a matter of fact, J.A. Konrath jokes about it at booksignings. ("Wanna buy a signed book? I can make it out to 'Ebay,' if you like....")

Athletes and actors charge for autographs, but I never heard of ANY writer doing so, no matter how popular. When J.K. Rowling visited the US recently, they had to limit the number of people who could attend her signings by a ticket lottery, but I don't recall there being any charge involved. Maybe that's because the value of sports memorabilia far exceeds that of signed books--with the rare exception of, say, a first edition, leather-bound, signed copy of <i>Alice Through The Looking Glass,</i> or something of that ilk.
hawkytom Posted - 30 Nov 2007 : 08:16:11
I'm sorry your books got attacked by your puppy!
Devon8822 Posted - 30 Nov 2007 : 00:23:28
Well, the truth is I'm not really a fan, i joined this forum for info on him. I guess If I had the time I would read them but, im not a big reader, and not a massive fantasy fan... I did used to play "Eye Of The Beholder" on my comp in the 90s, good game set in the forgotten realms. Anyways, I'd rather these books went to someone who cherishes them.

I will post the link to my ebay auction that they are selling, they are almost done a this point so, if they end with no bids contact me, and I will take some coins of the price. I have 2 listings up, read more for why, i had an unfortunate accident with 4 out of the 5 books. Anyways, check out these books, all Ed Greenwood fans!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESSOX:IT&item=230195176016&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m239.lVI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESSOX:IT&item=230195163766&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m239.lVI
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Nov 2007 : 05:28:40
quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

Why would you ever sell a signed copy of a book!? That's definitely a keeper!! Don't sell those, keep em! (Especially because the author probably was generous enough to sign it for you as a "fan" for free...NOT so you can make money off them.)

Indeed. I recently have had more than one author offer signed novels. I accepted one, just to have it -- the rest I took unsigned, since I'm getting the books to read them, not to memorialize them. The one book I asked to have autographed is being personalized to my screen name, which I'm sure would ruin any potential value for anyone else.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 25 Nov 2007 : 02:00:13
quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

Why would you ever sell a signed copy of a book!? That's definitely a keeper!! Don't sell those, keep em!

Well, that's what I'd do too.
hawkytom Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 07:56:26
Why would you ever sell a signed copy of a book!? That's definitely a keeper!! Don't sell those, keep em! (Especially because the author probably was generous enough to sign it for you as a "fan" for free...NOT so you can make money off them.)
The Hooded One Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 04:17:15
And Ed wants everyone to know:

I'm dying. One day at a time.
Of course, if I manage to hold out much longer, I'll be like Terry Pratchett: the valuable books will be the few I HAVEN'T signed. :}

So saith Ed. Who attended an ALA National Conference and a Book Expo America at which he signed and gave away cases of two different (then-current) Band of Four titles, as well as all of literally thousands he has signed at conventions. The truly valuable books are the ones Ed augments with new paragraphs, or corrects typos in or draws sketches in, or both. I have a shelf full of those at home. Ed told me to move them to beside my woodstove, in case I ever run short of fuel, but I have thus far refused.
love to all,
THO
George Krashos Posted - 23 Nov 2007 : 21:50:25
Well, to maximise your return you are better holding off and waiting for Ed to die. That would increase the value considerably. I know that's what I'm doing with my signed copy of "Swords of Dragonfire". Ed signed it for me at this GEN-CON and I was over the moon because I knew that I was sitting on a goldmine.

As for your copies now, given that I know that Ed signs thousands of books a year, I doubt they have appreciated much in value. patience is the key.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000